Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,228 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:03 AM

Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola (6190 Views)

See The List Of Igbos Contesting In Lagos Under Labour Party / Lagos Versus Anambra Under Tinubu And Obi; A Comparative Analysis / Attack Threats: Lagos Under Partial Lockdown — Lagos Police Commissioner, Alabi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by SuperIgbo1(m): 10:32pm On Mar 29, 2019
Westtimeline:
You man obj that you surrendered to?

Obasanjo was just fortunate to recieve the instrument of surrender from General Effiong. Obasanjo was crying when he was appointed to command the third marine commando. Alabi isama suggested him to Gowon after, Adekunle was relieved of his duty. Obasanjo accused Isama of suggesting to Gowon to take him to the battle front so, he can die, loooooool.

Obasanjo claimed he was an army engineer as such as wasn't supposed to be in the battle field. This same coward lost 1000 men in one hour at Oguta in his first battle, loooooooooool. And afterwards, was shot in the arse while running away from the battlefront. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Bede2u(m): 10:34pm On Mar 29, 2019
deomelo:
Onitsha, World's Dirtiest City

U

Approaching Okpoko market through thick smog on the back of an okada (motorcycle taxi), the natural reaction is to cover your nose to protect yourself from the dust storm – but the effort is futile.

When a lorry zooms past, kicking up yet another red cloud of dirt, a trader turns the head of a sleeping toddler away from the road, a protective act that is as poignant as it is pointless.

This is a typical day in the southern Nigerian port city of Onitsha – which last year gained notoriety when it was ranked the worst city in the world for the staggering levels of PM10 particulate matter in its air.

Onitsha’s mean annual concentration was recorded at 594 micrograms per cubic metre by the World Health Organization – massively exceeding the WHO’s annual guideline limit for PM10s of 20μg/m3.

PM10 refers to coarse dust particles between 10 and 2.5 micrometres in diameter, while PM2.5s are even finer and more dangerous when inhaled, settling deep in a person’s lungs. Sources of both include dust storms, gases emitted by vehicles, all types of combustion, and industrial activities such as cement manufacturing, construction, mining and smelting. Onitsha scores highly on most of the above – as do other rapidly growing Nigerian cities such as Kaduna, Aba and Umuahia, all of which also featured in the WHO’s 20 worst offenders for PM10s.

In Onitsha’s very busy Okpoko market, my air quality monitor registers 140 for PM10s and 70 for PM2.5s – all way over recommended healthy levels, but still nothing compared to the readings triggered in other parts of this densely populated commercial and industrial hub.

The entire vicinity of the market is perpetually dusty, as wood-sellers saw lumber into different shapes and sizes. The air here is made worse by all the fine sand particles that fly off the back of trucks as they visit one of the many dredging companies on the bank of the River Niger, just behind the wood market.

https://www.theguardian.com/cities/2017/feb/13/polluted-onitsha-nigeria-perpetual-dust-city-world-worst-air

^^^^^^^^ that's what the UN said about your dirty and stinking village..

grin grin
i was waiting for this nonsense. This is that same onitsha today.

But pray tell...how does how onitsha looks matter to a guy from owerri who has lived all his life in lagos?

Lagos is nigeria largest city and not yoruba republic largest city. If every non yoruba is to leave lagos with their investments...lagos will become ibadan

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by deomelo: 10:55pm On Mar 29, 2019
[s]
Bede2u:

But pray tell...how does how onitsha looks matter to a guy from owerri who has lived all his life in lagos?

Lagos is nigeria largest city and not yoruba republic largest city. If every non yoruba is to leave lagos with their investments...lagos will become ibadan
[/s]

lmao @ dirty, stinking akpu villager posting 2 rubbish roadside pictures as if it means anything...

Your onisha ipob village is the dirtiest and the most polluted city known to man.

These Igbos sef

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by deomelo: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
www.nairaland.com/attachments/2624639_20150228183434_jpegd7ad0fe1f1ab37a1c9baa0739ded6e4f

See ipob village. They eat, breath and live comfortably with refuse like brothers and sisters.,.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by deomelo: 10:58pm On Mar 29, 2019

smh....the average ipob village...

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by deomelo: 10:59pm On Mar 29, 2019

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by LazyGold(m): 12:39am On Mar 30, 2019
Bede2u:

Even Ibadan is more Developed than Entire South East
See new Ibadan

Oyo state is still one of the Richest state in Nigeria with Yoruba Investment

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 12:41am On Mar 30, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Obasanjo was just fortunate to recieve the instrument of surrender from General Effiong. Obasanjo was crying when he was appointed to command the third marine commando. Alabi isama suggested him to Gowon after, Adekunle was relieved of his duty. Obasanjo accused Isama of suggesting to Gowon to take him to the battle front so, he can die, loooooool.

Obasanjo claimed he was an army engineer as such as wasn't supposed to be in the battle field. This same coward lost 1000 men in one hour at Oguta in his first battle, loooooooooool. And afterwards, was shot in the arse while running away from the battlefront. grin grin grin grin grin
grin cheesy, I don't deal with empty chest beaters Jor. Since I read what happened at Ore, I don't take you people serious when you beat chest.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by SuperIgbo1(m): 12:45am On Mar 30, 2019
Westtimeline:
grin cheesy, I don't deal with empty chest beaters Jor.

Another starving miscreant.

I didn't know you were a stark illiterate just like y'all Yoruba miscreants. Go away.
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by LazyGold(m): 12:49am On Mar 30, 2019
Bede2u:

If Igbo Leave Lagos today, many people will take up a lot of what you do, other tribes in Nigeria will replace you. Many Yoruba that are outside the country or in other Yoruba States will come to Lagos to Invest. If you leave Lagos today, Yoruba will never lose you are the one that have everything at stakes.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by wecreate: 6:31am On Mar 30, 2019
What exactly is wrong with us all?
YORUBA, IBO, HAUSA, wat does it matter if we are one of this tribe? Have we forgotten we all belong to the same country, we re NIGERIAN for crying out loud.
Only our coming together and living as one in any state or society can make such society a better one.

Comparing aint a solution to being under developed. Lagos isn't developed becoz of the yorubas, nahhhh, it is developed because all tribes in the country all appear and re functional in it. If you wanna see if this is true let the government pass a rule dat the IGBO'S AND HAUSA'S shud vacate lagos, that is wen you will realize lagos is nothing without every tribe.

And for those comparing LAGOS to other states, all you have to do is reason well, one of the key factors enjoyed by LAGOS is population although still its downfall, its income from the numerous number of its inhabitant brought about its development that is the reason why you can compare it to anyother state in terms of development.

Lagos is blessed basically because of the population of its inhabitants and because it encompass varieties of ethnic groups and not just Yorubas.

I am yoruba, and believe me other tribe in lagos have contributed more to its development than the yoruba, especially the IBO's, they have the largest number of business tycoons and they are very business oriented, the HAUSA'S i give KUDOS to them all the time as they re very hard working and with zeal they render whatever service they advertise to you, the YORUBA'S hardworking too but unlike the HAUSA'S, business oriented but unlike the IBO'S, rather than venture into business wat do most of the YORUBA'S do?
AGBERO - NURTW
CONDUCTORS &
THUGGERY.

let's all argue less but rather think how we can all come together and make the county a better place "TOGETHER".

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 7:37am On Mar 30, 2019
SuperIgbo1:

Another starving miscreant.

I didn't know you were a stark illiterate just like y'all Yoruba miscreants. Go away.
grin Zombie, I knew you will result to insult. Typical of osu. No logical reasoning. I repeat, Ore saga does not make me take you guys serious anyway.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by zlantanfan: 7:39am On Mar 30, 2019
Bede2u:
Yorubas will say that igbos should be more concerned about abia state. Yes we are very concerned about that. But if u look beyond pettiness u will see that lagos is very important to every tribe in nigeria. It is nigerias first major city and it was built with money from all parts of nigeria. Allowing a greedy, tribal mad man like tinubu to decide solely who gets what in Nigeria's New york is very dangerous and counter productive.
I thought Igbo's own 80% of lagos? Why not change to the leadership you seek after all its also a Yoruba man you would support

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by modik(m): 7:42am On Mar 30, 2019
slimfit1:
Fashola failed to prove to us he has the capacity to make changes. By now our rivers are supposed to be working for us, a dam is wasting away close to is backyard I was expecting him to take control and things working upright. We should have more than 3000 jobs created through solar energy by now. This man has done nothing.

Don't mislead the public.

Fashola is the best performing minister as of now.

Check your facts and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by webincomeplus(m): 7:48am On Mar 30, 2019
KingOfAllIgbos:
grin

Bede2u.

In your region. You have these Governors :

1. A statue builder 2. A useless drunkard 3. A kerosene distributor.

Yet you are concerned about leaders of a place miles away who have national recognition and fame. PLUS they don't give a shiit about you.

A Leader is a reflection of his followers. Remember that.
Point of correction: GLOBAL recognition and fame.
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by zlantanfan: 7:54am On Mar 30, 2019
From 1999-2007 I want to know how many states really was at the peak then, not even the oil rich delta which was a total slump till now.

You can't be too harsh of tinubu considering all what obj did to Lagos including nursing an infant democratic state with so much population and complexities.

I look at your pics and find only so much dirt and congestion not necessarily change in infrastructure which highlights my point that at that neccant period government had not been fully able to handle the state potentials, control its overpopulation.

Today Lagos government basically has control over all these things

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by bigpicture001: 8:00am On Mar 30, 2019
Bede2u:
shut up bro...lagos is nigeria and yorubas are begining to make things difficult for other nigerians living in lagos due to petty bigotry

Tank God u know dey are making like more difficult for their fellow nigerian...becuz u boast fully said this from 2day...life will b worse of for the so mny yoruba trailers, yoruba trad medicine sellers, yoruba heavy foodstuffs sellers all in my area here at onitsha....

Wen I and my gang start with harm, I will show them dix saved msg from u, so dey don't blame me....
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by oyatz(m): 8:01am On Mar 30, 2019
What's Yoruba matter in this? You are free to start running Lagos on your own and leave the Yorubas.

Bede2u:
shut up bro...lagos is nigeria and yorubas are begining to make things difficult for other nigerians living in lagos due to petty bigotry

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by bigpicture001: 8:03am On Mar 30, 2019
zlantanfan:
From 1999-2007 I want to know how many states really was at the peak then, not even the oil rich delta which was a total slump till now.

You can't be too harsh of tinubu considering all what obj did to Lagos including nursing an infant democratic state with so much population and complexities

I look at your pics and find only so much dirt and congestion not necessarily change in infrastructure which highlights my point that at that neccant period government had not been fully able to handle the state potentials, control its overpopulation.

You know nothing about tinubu's love for money over development.....if you need lessons on it...simply type.." plz enlightened me"...nd I will oblige
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by wecreate: 8:09am On Mar 30, 2019
Bunch of Fools
That's wat all of u re....
Foolish arguements wey no count na hin u dey dere dey argue
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by DabuIIIT: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2019
Westtimeline:
[s][/s]Tinubu started new Lagos, he was the one behind fashola, Ambode and the incoming one. So keep your complaint to your state governor.

Tinubu was behind Fashola and he tried very hard to get him out after his (Fashola) 1st term as gov,huh?! Didn't Fashola resist Tinubu and forcefully got his 2nd term?
Tinubu is behind Ambode and he's gotten his arsse kicked after only one term, against his (Ambode)wish! How "clever" are you!!!

The guy you quoted,bede2u rightly and vividly described your type perfectly

grin

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2019
wecreate:
What exactly is wrong with us all?
YORUBA, IBO, HAUSA, wat does it matter if we are one of this tribe? Have we forgotten we all belong to the same country, we re NIGERIAN for crying out loud.
Only our coming together and living as one in any state or society can make such society a better one.

Comparing aint a solution to being under developed. Lagos isn't developed becoz of the yorubas, nahhhh, it is developed because all tribes in the country all appear and re functional in it. If you wanna see if this is true let the government pass a rule dat the IGBO'S AND HAUSA'S shud vacate lagos, that is wen you will realize lagos is nothing without every tribe.

And for those comparing LAGOS to other states, all you have to do is reason well, one of the key factors enjoyed by LAGOS is population although still its downfall, its income from the numerous number of its inhabitant brought about its development that is the reason why you can compare it to anyother state in terms of development.

Lagos is blessed basically because of the population of its inhabitants and because it encompass varieties of ethnic groups and not just Yorubas.

I am yoruba, and believe me other tribe in lagos have contributed more to its development than the yoruba, especially the IBO's, they have the largest number of business tycoons and they are very business oriented, the HAUSA'S i give KUDOS to them all the time as they re very hard working and with zeal they render whatever service they advertise to you, the YORUBA'S hardworking too but unlike the HAUSA'S, business oriented but unlike the IBO'S, rather than venture into business wat do most of the YORUBA'S do?
AGBERO - NURTW
CONDUCTORS &
THUGGERY.

let's all argue less but rather think how we can all come together and make the county a better place "TOGETHER".
I am Yoruba indeed, your statement revealed who you are. Be proud of tribe.
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2019
zlantanfan:

You can't be too harsh of tinubu considering all what obj did to Lagos including nursing an infant democratic state with so much population and complexities.

Let them be shouting here .
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 9:12am On Mar 30, 2019
bigpicture001:

Tank God u know dey are making like more difficult for their fellow nigerian...becuz u boast fully said this from 2day...life will b worse of for the so mny yoruba trailers, yoruba trad medicine sellers, yoruba heavy foodstuffs sellers all in my area here at onitsha....

Wen I and my gang start with harm, I will show them dix saved msg from u, so dey don't blame me....
Arm them, let see the news. Then let see who runs to ICC. If you don't attack the little Yorubas in your area in onitsha, then you are not the true son of your father. We do know how hostile you guys are before but waiting for any attack from you before we retaliate.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 9:26am On Mar 30, 2019
bigpicture001:

You know nothing about tinubu's love for money over development.....if you need lessons on it...simply type.." plz enlightened me"...nd I will oblige
See person that knows.
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Westtimeline: 9:31am On Mar 30, 2019
[s]
DabuIIIT:

Tinubu was behind Fashola and he tried very hard to get him out after his (Fashola) 1st term as gov,huh?! Didn't Fashola resist Tinubu and forcefully got his 2nd term?
Tinubu is behind Ambode and he's gotten his arsse kicked after only one term, against his (Ambode)wish! How "clever" are you!!!

The guy you quoted,bede2u rightly and vividly described your type perfectly

grin

[/s]Zombie, why not show us your claim with proof. Tinubu wanted to remove fashola bla bla.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by zlantanfan: 9:43am On Mar 30, 2019
Westtimeline:
Let them be shouting here .
I look at those photos op posted for analysis and discover the only difference is congestion and maintenance (obviously every location is bound to appreciate in that time duration).

Apparently the infrastructure their is same and ultimately the template for the master plan in roads must have improved on to decongest those roads.

Plus better control of population recklessness in dumping trash anywhere
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by slimfit1(m): 11:27am On Mar 30, 2019
modik:

Don't mislead the public.

Fashola is the best performing minister as of now.

Check your facts and thank me later.

Obviously, the rest of them are clueless
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by 4dor: 11:38am On Mar 30, 2019
Bede2u:
Yorubas will say that igbos should be more concerned about abia state. Yes we are very concerned about that. But if u look beyond pettiness u will see that lagos is very important to every tribe in nigeria. It is nigerias first major city and it was built with money from all parts of nigeria. Allowing a greedy, tribal mad man like tinubu to decide solely who gets what in Nigeria's New york is very dangerous and counter productive.

It was built with money from all parts of Nigeria? This is false, thank God for Google. Lagos didn't come into the Nigerian picture until 1914 when it was made the capital of amalgamated Nigeria. All you need to do is search for trade and commerce in Lagos before 1914, also search why the British had to make Lagos a colony as far as 1861.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by Starz825(m): 11:49am On Mar 30, 2019
Fashola...the flower man.. even tinubu dey envy him record...he is the best Lagos have seen so far
Re: Lagos Under Tinubu Vs Lagos Under Fashola by DabuIIIT: 12:02pm On Mar 30, 2019
Westtimeline:
[s][/s]Zombie, why not show us your claim with proof. Tinubu wanted to remove fashola bla bla.

Sophisticated
grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Imo: We Must Reject Agents Of Anarchy - Yemi Osinbajo / Kaduna 2023: NNPP Asks Court To Disqualify APC Candidates / Over 3000 PDP Members Decamp To APC In Wurno LG, Sokoto

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.