Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,916 members, 7,863,205 topics. Date: Monday, 17 June 2024 at 01:02 PM

I Almost Quit Music Out Of Frustration –kcee - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / I Almost Quit Music Out Of Frustration –kcee (274 Views)

Kcee: I almost quit music out of frustration, Began Selling Furniture at Ikeja / Fans Beg DJ Cuppy To Quit Music And Enjoy Her Burnt Dodo Alone (photo) / D'banj Blasts A Follower Who Advised Him To Quit Music (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

I Almost Quit Music Out Of Frustration –kcee by dachilino: 4:08am On Mar 30, 2019
Kcee who waded in on the viral video of Waje in which she disclosed that she is quitting music, has also recounted how he almost quit music out of frustration. According to Kcee, he did quit music to sell furniture at Ikeja out of frustration.  He further revealed that he has been in the music business for 19 years and at every point in time, you have A-list artistes and they are about ten.

He told Saturday Beats;“I saw Waje’s video and I was touched. I was supposed to say something about it but I was busy with my album project. However, I spoke to a few people about it. The truth is that the industry is a fake one; I am not just talking about the Nigerian music industry, but globally. Everybody is struggling. I have been in this business for 19 years and at every point in time, you have A-list artistes and they are about ten.“These set of people are the ones making all the money. There are hundreds of artistes behind them struggling to get to make it to the top ten list. These other artistes keep spending the same amount of money (the A-list artistes spend) to just get there and they also have to live like a celebrity. This costs a lot of money. If you do not have the drive and focus to keep the fire burning, it is going to weigh you down.

“When I was with Presh, I was also discouraged and I went into business because I was frustrated. I started importing furniture and I had a showroom at Allen Avenue, Ikeja. It got to a point when I had to tell myself that I love music and I needed to go back. I promised myself that I would make sure I get it right the second time. At that point, I had hit songs already and I made a lot of money from the industry but everything was finished because new people would always come into the industry.

“That was what gave birth to the Limpopo era. It was determination; it was me being focused plus I had the grace of God. The message here is, what Waje said is not happening to her alone but to a lot of artistes. She was able to speak out. You need to listen to other people. Her situation might be better than a lot of them. The average video I shoot costs about N4m. I can travel anywhere to shoot my video; I do not want to talk about the cost of hotel and other logistics. I have been able to promote some artistes under my label and I know how much I invested in them. I know how much I shot their videos. That is why sometimes I look at the up-and-coming artistes and tell them to appreciate their labels. It takes a lot."

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/30/i-almost-quit-music-out-of-frustration-kcee/

lalasticlala, seun, mynd44, dominique

Re: I Almost Quit Music Out Of Frustration –kcee by BOOOMNAIJA: 4:09am On Mar 30, 2019
U WOULDN'T AV BEEN MISSED ANYWAY.......

(1) (Reply)

An Underground Naija Female Rapper Rocking The Airwaves...get In Here To Listen! / 45 Injured, Three Killed In Twin Suicide Bomb Attacks In Borno / How Dertyboi Got Blocked By Speeddarlington On Instagram (read More)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.