Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,082 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:20 AM

03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help (2197 Views)

Pls Help..honda Accord Power Steering Problem / Is ATF Oil The Same As Power Steering Fluid? / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by igbsam(m): 3:40pm On Sep 08, 2010
I need help with my 2003 EOD power steering. My power steering has been disturbing me for some weeks now with this lousy noise its making, so i had to replace it with another one (Tokunbo) Hoping it will stop, but it has refused to stop, the noise continues and after a long drive of about 30mins, it will reduce and the steering itself becomes hard while driving. Also, i noticed the ATF reduces instantly while driving. Each time i turn the steering, it makes a very loud noise that gives me concern. I wud appreciate your help or better still if there's any good mechanic in lagos that can work perfectly on EOD 2003 cars.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 12:12pm On Sep 13, 2010
any solution?
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by obojo(m): 2:39pm On Sep 13, 2010
its obvious that there is a leakage, hope that is from one of the hoses and not the steering rack, when you said you replaced it, what exactly did you replace?? the power steering pump or what,
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 3:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
I am experiencing similar problem with my EOD 03. I just changed the Engine Mout and the steering vibrates like hell,  although the work of the car has been regulated and think it is kinda high? This happens anytime i put on the AC and try to brake
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by Onwan: 10:12pm On Sep 13, 2010
@OP

080.2345.5209 (His name is Yemi), that's the man you want.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 10:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
??
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by igbsam(m): 10:57pm On Sep 13, 2010
obojo:

its obvious that there is a leakage, hope that is from one of the hoses and not the steering rack, when you said you replaced it, what exactly did you replace?? the power steering pump or what,
I replaced the power steering pump and the noise still continues each time i turn the steering,
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by igbsam(m): 10:58pm On Sep 13, 2010
Onwan:

@OP

080.2345.5209 (His name is Yemi), that's the man you want.
Thanks, I'll give him a call. Hope he's within lagos
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 9:49am On Sep 14, 2010
ayusman16:

I am experiencing similar problem with my EOD 03. I just changed the Engine Mout and the steering vibrates like hell, although the work of the car has been regulated and think it is kinda high? This happens anytime i put on the AC and try to brake

Any guru to advice?
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 9:58am On Sep 15, 2010
sad sad
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 8:51pm On Sep 26, 2010
Guys!

I really need ur advice. I have changed the whole engine seats but the vibrating steering is getting worse. sad
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by Onwan: 8:58pm On Sep 26, 2010
ayusman16:

Guys!

I really need your advice. I have changed the whole engine seats but the vibrating steering is getting worse. sad

Call Yemi on 080 2345 5209
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by beecrofty(m): 10:27pm On Sep 26, 2010
Hon Onwan. iHail o!

ayusman16:

Guys!

I really need your advice. I have changed the whole engine seats but the vibrating steering is getting worse. sad

I had the same problem earlier this year, i also did change the engine mount and all but it was a little thing that my Mechanic discovered later on, i can't remember but i will give him a call in th morning to ask.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by Onwan: 10:36pm On Sep 26, 2010
It's always something small BUT one needs a good power steering mechanic to have a look. That's why Im recommending Yemi.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by Onwan: 10:41pm On Sep 26, 2010
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by igbsam(m): 10:46pm On Sep 26, 2010
Onwan:

It's always something small BUT one needs a good power steering mechanic to have a look. That's why Im recommending Yemi.
How much does an engine seat cost. I just discovered 2 of the engine seats are badly damaged. And i was told by my mechanic that I need to service the power steering rack. pardon the way i spell it if am not correct. How much does a tokunbo engine seat go for ?
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by Onwan: 10:52pm On Sep 26, 2010
igbsam:

How much does an engine seat cost. I just discovered 2 of the engine seats are badly damaged. And i was told by my mechanic that I need to service the power steering rack. pardon the way i spell it if am not correct. How much does a tokunbo engine seat go for ?

I am not sure how Much it costs for your car/model, Yemi is in Owode market, Ladipo market is also another good place for a good bargain.

I also think the steering rack could be Ayusman's problem with his car.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by ayusman16(m): 7:46am On Sep 27, 2010
Onwan:

I am not sure how Much it costs for your car/model, Yemi is in Owode market, Ladipo market is also another good place for a good bargain.

I also think the steering rack could be Ayusman's problem with his car.

The thing is that, it only vibrates when the AC is on and am moving slowly with my foot on the brake. It wasnt like this before i changed the engine mount.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by Onwan: 8:24am On Sep 27, 2010
If it's really a problem for you then you should call Yemi.
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by beecrofty(m): 1:57am On Sep 28, 2010
ayusman16:

The thing is that, it only vibrates when the AC is on and am moving slowly with my foot on the brake. It wasnt like this before i changed the engine mount.

Bro, cal yemi
Re: 03 Eod Power Steering Problem: Pls Help by igbsam(m): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2010
Onwan:

Call Yemi on 080 2345 5209
I was able to contact yemi about this issue and am glad he has rectified the problem. Ma car is ok now. He knows his job like d back of his hand. Thank u all for the informations and contributions. This world is really a small place. Myself and dis guy stay close 2 each other. Just some street away from my street in Lagos.

(1) (Reply)

Buying A Nissan Rogue / How To Install Radio Auxiliary Input In Toyota Highlander 2001-2007 / Where Is Ikenna351

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.