Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,214 members, 7,836,037 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Dehlia Umunna Becomes 1st Nigerian To Be Appointed A Professor At Harvard Law - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Dehlia Umunna Becomes 1st Nigerian To Be Appointed A Professor At Harvard Law (696 Views)

Mo Abudu’s Ebonylife Becomes MBA Case Study At Harvard University / Kunle Afolayan’s Brother, Adesina, Is A Professor Now (Photos) / Davido Becomes 1st Nigerian Celebrity To Get 9 Million Folowers On Instagram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dehlia Umunna Becomes 1st Nigerian To Be Appointed A Professor At Harvard Law by tstx(m): 8:19am On Mar 30, 2019
Dehlia Umunna, a 42-year-old seasoned scholar, has just become the first Nigerian to be appointed a Professor at Harvard Law School.

The Professor who is the author of the article, “Rethinking the Neighborhood Watch: How Lessons from the Nigerian Village Can Creatively Empower the Community to Assist Poor, Single Mothers in America,” which was published in the American University Journal of Gender, Social Policy & the Law, she is also Deputy Director and Clinical Instructor at Harvard Law School Criminal Justice Institute (CJI), through which she supervises third-year law students in criminal and juvenile proceedings and arguments before Massachusetts’ Supreme Judicial Court and Appeals court.

Before joining Harvard, Law School, Umunna was was a trial attorney with the D.C. Public Defender Service and an adjunct professor of law and Practitioner in Residence at the Washington College of Law, American University.

In addition, Umunna is a board member of the District of Columbia Law Students Law Clinic. She currently serves as a faculty member for Gideon’s Promise, and is a frequent presenter at Public Defender training across the country.

Sharing her joy, Umunna said, “I am blessed and honoured to join Harvard Law School’s remarkable faculty.

“I relish this extraordinary opportunity to continue work that I am truly passionate about, and I am grateful for the deep interest and commitment of the school to issues of criminal justice, mass incarceration, indigent defense and social justice.”

Educationally, Umunna holds a Law degree from the George Washington University Law Center and a Masters in Public Administration (MC) from the Harvard Kennedy School of Government.

She also has a B.A. in Communications from California State University, San Bernardino.

https://listwand.com/dehlia-umunna-becomes-first-nigerian-to-be-appointed-a-professor-at-harvard-law-school/

Re: Dehlia Umunna Becomes 1st Nigerian To Be Appointed A Professor At Harvard Law by Nobody: 8:20am On Mar 30, 2019
Yorubas making us proud
Re: Dehlia Umunna Becomes 1st Nigerian To Be Appointed A Professor At Harvard Law by Tsumi0038: 11:05am On Mar 30, 2019
Onijagidijagan:
Yorubas making us proud
I think she Igbo bro see the surname na
Re: Dehlia Umunna Becomes 1st Nigerian To Be Appointed A Professor At Harvard Law by tstx(m): 8:52am On Apr 02, 2019
Tsumi0038:
I think she Igbo bro see the surname na
Leave that fella

(1) (Reply)

50 Cent Donates House To Charity / You Cannot Treat People Like Garbage And Worship God – Buhari’s Daughter Says / Yemi Alade Teases New Single With Rick Ross

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.