Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,427 members, 7,822,981 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 08:46 PM

We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson (3901 Views)

We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson / BREAKING: N8.7bn Debt: Innoson Motors Moves To Take Over Gtbank / Supreme Court Orders Gtbank To Pay Innoson Boss N12bn In 14 Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by ozoigbondu: 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
Innoson motors Nigeria Limited has said it has sealed seven branches of Guaranty Trust Bank, GTB to recover it’s N8.8 billion.
The spoke person for Innoson Motors, Cornell Osigwe who spoke to Daily Trust in Nnewi on Saturday said the company had sealed seven of GTB bank branches.

The branches are: one in Nnewi, two in Onitsha, two in Awka and two in Enugu and would move to seal the GTB Head office next week.

According to him, Innoson will seal more of GTB bank branches nationwide to recover the N8.8 billions owed to the motor company.

“We will seal more of their properties to recover our money and from next week, we shall move to GTB head office to enforce the judgement of courts. We will sell those properties to get our money back”, he said.

Recalled that in a statement, on Friday, Innoson said it has obtained a court order to take control of GTB over indebtedness of N8.8 billion.

However, GTB bank has refuted the claim saying that the judgment was against the account of the Nigerian Customs and Excise Board domiciled with GTBank, and not against GTBank as an entity.

Cornel Osigwe had in a statement said the company has obtained a writ of Fi fa from the Federal High Court sitting in Awka, Anambra State, against Guaranty Trust Bank( GTB) to take over the bank’s properties.

According to him, the judgement was to implement the judgment given by Supreme of Nigeria earlier.

He said in the statement, that the judgement given by the Federal High Court, Ibadan was upheld by the Supreme Court of Nigeria.

According to Osigwe, Innoson Chairman, Innocent Chukwuma, has been mandated by federal high court sitting in Awka, Anambra state to “take over” the bank after the supreme court dismissed GTB’s appeal against the judgement of the appeal court in Ibadan.

The statement reads in part: “The Chairman of Innoson Group, Chief Dr. Innocent Chukwuma, OFR hast through a Writ of Fi Fa taken over Guaranty Trust Bank PLC for and on behalf of Innoson Nigeria Ltd as a result of the bank’s indebtedness to Innoson Nigeria Ltd,”

The statement further added that“In a landmark decision on February 27th 2019, the Supreme Court of Nigeria had dismissed GTB’s appeal in a suit number SC.694/2014 — against the judgment of court of Appeal, Ibadan Division.

“The Court of Appeal, Ibadan division had in its decision of 6th February 2014 dismissed GTB’s appeal against thee Federal High Court, Ibadan Division.

“Thus, the Court of Appeal affirmed the judgment of the Federal High Court, Ibadan Division which ordered GTB by way of Garnishee order absolute to pay N2.4billion to Innoson with a 22 percenti interest per annum, on the judgments until the final liquidation of the debt.

Rather than obey the judgment of the Court of Appeal, GTB approached the Supreme Court to challenge the Court of Appeal’s decision”

The company also said that in a ruling delivered by Supreme Court,Justice Olabode Rhodes-Vivour dismissed GTB’s appeal and affirmed the concurrent judgment of both the Court of Appeal and the Federal High Court, Ibadan Division.

According to the ruling, court had, ordered GTB by to pay N2.4 billion to Innoson with a 22 percent interest, per annum, on the judgment until the final liquidation of the judgment.

“The Judgment debt of N2.4bn has accrued an interest of about N6,717,909,849.96 today, which results to about N8.8 billion,”

“Based on the Supreme Court’s decision of 27th February 2019 the counsel to Innoson , Prof McCarthy Mbadugha ESQ, approached the Federal High Court Awka Division for leave to enforce the judgment having obtained certificates of Judgment from the Ibadan Division of the Federal High court,” it said.

The Guaranty Trust Bank refuting the news that a Federal High Court in Awka Anambra State has granted Innoson Nigeria Limited leave to take over the bank’s properties said that the judgment allegedly, is a judgment against the account of the Nigerian Customs and Excise Board domiciled with GTBank and not against GTBank as an entity.

“GTBank as a law-abiding corporate citizen is taking all necessary legal steps to address this situation and ensure that no illegal or fraudulent execution is carried out”it stated.

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/we-have-sealed-7-branches-of-gtb-bank-to-recover-debt-innoson.html

4 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by ozoigbondu: 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
This is how Innoson will walk when going into the GT Bank HQ on Monday to seal and sell it

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by loveth360(f): 2:07pm On Mar 30, 2019
ww

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by loveth360(f): 2:08pm On Mar 30, 2019
yellowbars will start hating now.

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by stephleena(f): 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
Lol..some people are having internal hemorrhage already.. they've all turned to financial analysts overnight.. they said Gtbank is too rich, but the shameless rich bank,is finding it hard to Dole out what they call chicken change..

Innoson is about to turn Gtbank to garage..

And yes continue to delay, Innoson's interest increases..

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by yerokunphilips: 2:09pm On Mar 30, 2019

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by stephleena(f): 2:10pm On Mar 30, 2019
[quote author=yerokunphilips post=77119547][/quote]
Yes Lol!!

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by whitebeard(m): 2:11pm On Mar 30, 2019
loveth360:
yellowbars will start hating now.
from ur statement we can deduce dat ur are too matured for this thread..!! Pls avoid thread like this in the future..!
Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by ozoigbondu: 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
They should seal and sell everything till they get their billions back.

When GTB MD sights oga Innoson from afar coming with his sealing squad

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by ebukamen(m): 2:13pm On Mar 30, 2019
Trouble dey ooooohh

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by GolDRoger: 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
Karma na b+tch walai
the table has turn

2 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by zeromeridian: 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
Gtbank, the more you delay, the more the interest keep increasing as compound interest

Meanwhile if you have money in GBank, do the needful before had l known sets in. I can read handwriting on the wall

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by yerokunphilips: 2:14pm On Mar 30, 2019
GTB don enter gbeke , you don shortchange people for long ,now you don buy market wey pass you . GOD BLESS THE JUDGE THAT SAVE INNOSON FROM THIS TASK MASTER .

5 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by advocate666: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2019
osinbanjo, come and save your people o!

4 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by ChristianNorth: 2:15pm On Mar 30, 2019
That is going to cripple the bank. Innoson give GT Bank so time.

Sealing the head office for 3 hours will collapse the bank. Our sophisticated brothers that were cheering GT Bank, have finally cheered them to their grave like they did to Akpabio.

Congrat to Ndi Igbo for always standing up for your own. You stood massively with your brother like you have always done. I don't want to imagine what would have happened to Innoson if Ndi Igbo in generally had not stood with him.

GT Bank is my favourite, they have been good to me and I have been using them since my JSS 3, that was "many many" years ago but I closed it and moved to Access Bank. I equally moved my Agency's account to Access Bank leaving the other 2 with UBA and Diamond and no more GT Bank for salary payments.

Union Bank used to be our family traditional banker, I was the first that rebelled and open an account with GT Bank and I made sure many of my friends and family moved to GT Bank, but when they started their madness, I made sure everyone that is remotely connected to me moved their account.

When it comes to ethnic solidarity, there is no sentiment. You don't know the joy we get standing with our brothers, I think our sophisticated brothers should learn this also. If Nnamdi Kanu is Yoruba, he would be dead by now.

If Kemi Adeosun is Igbo, we will never allow anyone to blackmail her into resigning. If she must leave, then Buhari have to fire her himself.

SW media tried that with Ihejirika, Stella Oduah, we match them madness for madness. When SW wrote a petition asking Yale University to withdraw the Doctorate honorary they gave to Ngozi Okonjo, we wrote a counter petition and today, she is still standing strong.

They tried to blackmail Peter Obi, we stood strong with him, they arrested Abaribe, we no gree and today he is working free.

28 Likes 3 Shares

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by stephleena(f): 2:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
ChristianNorth:
That is going to cripple the bank. Innoson give GT Bank so time.
Cripple ke, but Nairaland financial analysts like stola,ejima gifty..are all saying Gtbank is filthy rich,and she can't be crippled.

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by RemiTinubu(f): 2:24pm On Mar 30, 2019
StOla grin

4 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by Binikingdowm: 2:30pm On Mar 30, 2019
Investors will start running soon. I pity bank, they can't escape this except some fg power finance them

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by Binikingdowm: 2:31pm On Mar 30, 2019
stephleena:

Cripple ke, but Nairaland financial analysts like stola,ejima gifty..are all saying Gtbank is filthy rich,and she can't be crippled.
they don't have sense. Most business run on Dept and gt bank can't dish out such amount in such period of time.

3 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by fykes(m): 2:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
Most people don't understand how banks calculate profit and assets.
Gtbank was only hoping to use political connections to intimidate Innosson they knew from the start that they had no case.
Well, innosson won't take over the bank either... They will settle on periodic payments bcoz such amount can't be paid off at once... No establishment will pay 8b and not be affected.
And no Gtbank is not rich in liquidity... Just assets

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by Binikingdowm: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
zeromeridian:
Gtbank, the more you delay, the more the interest keep increasing as compound interest

Meanwhile if you have money in GBank, do the needful before had l known sets in. I can read handwriting on the wall
so true if innoson was wicked, he won't bother selling anything, he just needs to wait for some years and the debt will turn to trillions

5 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by eagleeye2: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
Gtb should ask innoson what it wants and give it to him. By next week, investors (especially small time investors) will start selling off their shares.
NB
ednut1 please come and read.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by Binikingdowm: 2:34pm On Mar 30, 2019
fykes:
Gtbank was only hoping to use political connections to intimidate Innosson they knew from the start that they had no case.
Well, innosson won't take over the bank either... They will settle on periodic payments bcoz such amount can't be paid off at once... No establishment will pay 8b and not be affected.
thank you bro for this, there are some money you'll think dangote can pay at once but in fact he will be difficult for him, business is run by Dept.

Gt bank is now at the mercy of innoson

6 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by kernel001: 2:35pm On Mar 30, 2019
stephleena:

They can pay, but it will cost them.

2 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by AngryNijerian: 2:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
Stola come and drag yourself to the mud again. Blowing grammar doesn't equate to having sense

4 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by musa234(m): 2:38pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hmmmm.. I might withdraw all my money from GTb by Monday. GTB stubborness caused this.

5 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by jlinkd78(m): 2:39pm On Mar 30, 2019
Judiciary truly is d last hope of d common man

4 Likes

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by Amuocha: 2:40pm On Mar 30, 2019
Great way to start.

Next is sack of BoD and notify CBN accordingly.

Innoson should show them some action.

Nonsense SW bank angry

1 Like

Re: We Have Sealed 7 Branches Of Gtbank To Recover Debt – Innoson by eagleeye2: 2:43pm On Mar 30, 2019
fykes:
No. Nothing like settling on periodic payments. Either gtb pay up or they can settle with shares which I believe is innoson target.
The judgment was over a month ago. So watch out for next week and panic selling at the stock market.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Can N2m be made from a soccer viewing centre in 10 months? (After the world cup) / Femi Otedola Drives For 2 Hours To Visit His Daughter & Her Boyfriend(photos) / Bringitbay: Are They Real?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.