Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,514 members, 7,830,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 01:35 AM

Who Made Stethoscope? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Who Made Stethoscope? (377 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Made Stethoscope? by lukui: 8:51pm On Mar 30, 2019
It was once asked during a radio program that I listened to that who was the person that made the stethoscope that is widely used. nowadays by medical doctors.

it was IMHOTEP of old EGYPT that discovered the stethoscope.

e stethoscope is an acoustic medical device for
auscultation , or listening to the internal sounds of an animal or human body. It typically has a small disc-shaped resonator that is placed against the chest, and two tubes connected to earpieces. It is often used to listen to lung and heart sounds . It is also used to listen to
intestines and blood flow in arteries and veins. In combination with a sphygmomanometer , it is commonly used for measurements of blood pressure . Less commonly, "mechanic's stethoscopes", equipped with rod shaped chestpieces, are used to listen to internal sounds made by machines (for example, sounds and vibrations emitted by worn ball bearings), such as diagnosing a malfunctioning automobile engine by listening to the sounds of its internal parts. Stethoscopes can also be used to check scientific vacuum chambers for leaks, and for various other small-scale acoustic monitoring tasks. A stethoscope that intensifies auscultatory sounds is called
phonendoscope.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Made Stethoscope? by Amujale(m): 1:35pm On Apr 09, 2019
I agree with you here.

The main authority on western orthodox medicine is a Greek hero known as Hippocrates. Also known as Hippocrates the second, the most celebrated Greek physician of the Age of Pericles, and in my opinion and that of many modern day historians, the second most oustanding physician in the history of orthodox medicine.

The universal authority on orthodox medicine and the most oustanding physiciansic of all time is
lukui:

..IMHOTEP of old EGYPT...

Imhotep, a physician's physician. A multi - genius; kemetic priest; arguably one of the most celebrated academic of all time; credited with building the pyramid of Djoser.
Re: Who Made Stethoscope? by lukui: 6:19pm On Apr 09, 2019
for more info and contact visit the website or click
Re: Who Made Stethoscope? by lukui: 2:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
2 homeless evil spirits
spirit 1: friend I Have been homeless since these days what am ongoing to do?
spirit 2: has the Almighty God not created the earth to be wide and spacious?
spirit 2 : (sights a heavily backsides lady walking across) (taps his friend)
spirit 1: what is it leave me alone!!!!!!
spirit 2: didn't you said you were homeless? look at that woman's backside won't you enter it?
spirit 1: only me should enter and be living in this fifty storeyed building? you want loneliness to kill me?

(1) (Reply)

How To Pick A Great Flower Girl Dress For Your Daughter? / Saudi Arabia Defends Execution Of Nigerian For Drug Trafficking / E-money Bags Doctorate Degree In Business Management | Www.e-nigeriang.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.