Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,750 members, 7,817,080 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:46 AM

Sydney, Australia (skyline!) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sydney, Australia (skyline!) (4850 Views)

Manila Skyline, Philippines / Abuja Skyline: Day And Night-time / Pictures of Lagos Skyline (City-Scape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by dblock(m): 2:16am On Apr 28, 2007
[size=16pt]Sydney Australia[/size]

Sydney is the most populous city in Australia, with a metropolitan area population of over 4,200,000 people, and 151,920, in the city limits. Sydney is the state capital of New South Wales, and is the site of the first European colony in Australia, established in 1788 at Sydney Cove by Arthur Phillip, leader of the First Fleet from Britain. A resident of the city is referred to as a Sydneysider.

Sydney is located on Australia's south-east coast. The city is built around Port Jackson, which includes Sydney Harbour, leading to the city's nickname, "the Harbour City". It is Australia's largest financial centre and the economic capital, home to many national headquarters of corporations, including the Australian Stock Exchange. Sydney's leading economic sectors include property and business services, retail, manufacturing, tourism and health and community services.

Sydney is also a major international tourist destination, often referred to as the international gateway of Australia, and is notable for its beaches and twin landmarks: the Sydney Opera House and the Harbour Bridge. The metropolitan area is surrounded by national parks, and contains many bays, rivers and inlets. It has been recognised as a global city, by the Loughborough University group.

The city has played host to numerous international sporting events, including the 1938 British Empire Games, 2000 Summer Olympics and the 2003 Rugby World Cup. In 2008, Sydney will also host the 23rd Roman Catholic World Youth Day.

Sydney is one of the most multicultural cities in the world which reflects its role as a major destination for immigrants to Australia. According to the Mercer cost of living survey, Sydney is Australia’s most expensive city, and the 19th most expensive in the world

Sydney Panorama, Scroll ->->->->->->->->->

Sydney is the King of NewYear festivities in the Southern Hemisphere

These Pics are a bit better(Better Resolution)

This is a great Pic, it must have being taken with some great point and shoot zoom Lens wink

It's seldomly sunny in Sydney, Brisbane is the Sun City. (You can see Skytower to the left of the Picture)

One more Pic for today cheesy
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 3:26am On Apr 28, 2007
Yah i've seen the pictures. They sure have a very beautifil skyline. but that is where my compliments will end. Ausies or how do they call them? are the worst speakers of the english language i have ever come across in my whole life (I can speak on that cos this is my third time (term?) of interacting with policemen, military and civilian internationals from all over the world and i think they are equally the worst racists i have ever met, they look at every black man as if he is an Aborigine, as i am writing this post they are with me in the same operations room here in Dili they never open their crooked mouths to say hello to anybody and too arogant for my liking. angry angry angry
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by dblock(m): 3:50am On Apr 28, 2007
Ausies or how do they call them? are the worst speakers of the english language
That observation is quite true, harsh but true wink

I wouldn't say Aussies are racist. They are Ignorant not racist, and even ten it is not intentional, it's just a lack of exposure. I've being at the recieving end of racists remarks in Papua New Guinea and here in Australia. The thong I have noticed though; Is that Australians outside Australia's are more Racist than Australians in Australia, That contradicts my first senctence, but both sentences are true. wink

How can they mistake you for an Aboriginal, Africans/AAs and 99% of all other black people, don't look remotely like Australian Aboriginals shocked
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 5:32am On Apr 28, 2007
dblock:

That observation is quite true, harsh but true wink

I wouldn't say Aussies are racist. They are Ignorant not racist, and even ten it is not intentional, it's just a lack of exposure. I've being at the receiving end of racists remarks in Papua New Guinea and here in Australia. The thong I have noticed though; Is that Australians outside Australia's are more Racist than Australians in Australia, That contradicts my first senctence, but both sentences are true. wink

How can they mistake you for an Aboriginal, Africans/AAs and 99% of all other black people, don't look remotely like Australian Aboriginals shocked

thanks fellow nairalander for your recent post maybe your point that Ausies outside are the racist is the truth. all I know is that I am meeting them in large numbers for the first time. but its like you did not get my point on the issue of aborigines i meant the attitude they put forward when they see those of us from Africa here is like looking at aborigines, i am not saying that they think i am one. they dare not cause I am damn too handsome for any drunk among them to think like that. wait until i post my pics you will agree with me wink wink
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by oneman(m): 1:00am On Apr 30, 2007
This may sound like kinda an appeal to you guys in Australia,
I need to come to Australia but I need someone to invite me, Any help I can get from you guys
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 1:19am On Apr 30, 2007
@oneman

well i may not be able to help 100% but where I am is just about 2hrs by flight to Darwin i understand it is in the north of Australia. You know what? I am not even keen to visit there despite that i am entitled to free return flight to the place 'cause their immigration policies are too funny for my liking, and apart from this one of their citizens told me to stay clear of their country becos it is damn too expensive how about that?
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by oneman(m): 2:00pm On Apr 30, 2007
@awoof
Tell me more about East Timor, I need to get out of Naija to anywhere I could start a life, get education and make some money to come back and invest in Nigeria, This is my fervent dream!!!
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 3:28am On May 01, 2007
@oneman

well  the much i can tell you about this place is that it is a very small Island highly mountainous. The capital Dili where I am is a very small city probably the size of Ikeja, though very beautiful. Hunm i will not advise my worst enemy to even think about coming here. The country is regarded as the poorest in the whole of south east Asia. Almost 3/4 of the population is youth, they are virtually jobless because there isn't a damned single company here all what we buy in their supermarkets are from Indonesia, Australia and other parts of Asia like Singapore, Malaysia etc. even water cry cry The level of instability here is alarming!!! All their boys do is to get payed by some crazy politicians to come from their neighborhood to the main road and start stoning UN and International NGO's vehicles breaking their glasses. If they are not doing this, they are either engaging one another in street fights using stones, catapult (we call it sling shots here), darts, bows and arrows. The good thing is that they don't have access to guns. On the funny side; can you imagine that a Nigerian is living here? Guess what: he is an Igbo guy cheesy I don't know when he got here, but i suspect its been long 'cause he speaks Portuguese and their local language Tetun fluently. But he is lucky he has got a job with the UN. Timorese as they call them have very tiny stature so skinny and short, but some of their girls can be very pretty, but don't dare go a mile close to them, their boys will stone you. As bad as their boys are (they are not civilized at all) their girls are friendly. One good thing about their boys is that they are not too much into stealing, stealing and burglary here are very rare. Also almost all the males here smoke , but i am yet to see single female doing that. Well that is all i can tell you now, if you want more click on BBC you will see country profile, then click on East Timor, but i can bet you you wont get this kind of details. Cheers
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by dblock(m): 6:43am On May 01, 2007
There is no country without Igbos. If Igbos aren't there it isn't a country. wink

oneman:

This may sound like kind of an appeal to you guys in Australia,
I need to come to Australia but I need someone to invite me, Any help I can get from you guys

Just get your Visa and everthing, If you have a certificate, there's a 95% chance you'll get a decent job. Get enough money for about three months though. It's all good, no sweat.
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 8:03am On May 01, 2007
@dblock

i hear you Igbo kwenu, kwesuenu grin grin grin
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by VOR(m): 12:21pm On May 01, 2007
Awoof,

Just out of curiosity, wetin take you go East Timor?
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 2:59am On May 03, 2007
VOR:

Awoof,

Just out of curiosity, wetin take you go East Timor?

thank you o my brother, as i was sleeping one night like that God con speak to me that i should go to East timor and who am i to refuse? grin grin cheesy
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by stellose(f): 11:57am On May 05, 2007
my brother any place na place so long as one run out from this country, dey wan take hungry kill us here
@ awoof , igbo kwenu ogadirinuma ooo
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by dblock(m): 11:59am On May 05, 2007
And I guess, Iraq is better, and Abidjan must be better than Nigeria too angry
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by dblock(m): 12:11pm On May 05, 2007
Sydney Skyline Continued

Pano Scroll>>>>>>>>>>

View from the Opera House

Erskinville Bound

The other part of the Skyline

Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by awoof(m): 2:12am On May 06, 2007
stellose:

my brother any place na place so long as one run out from this country, dey wan take hungry kill us here
@ awoof , igbo kwenu ogadirinuma ooo

my sis at times it is better to try elsewhere before you know that even though we have problems in Nigeria but at times you will give glory to the almighty God for creating you a Nigerian. I am one of the millions of Nigerians that believe so much in that country i have travelled far and wide in Europe and some parts of West Africa na one adventure too many carry me come here o, its not easy cry
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by opensource(m): 10:04pm On Sep 15, 2007
I am applying for a student visa for jan 2008 entry , any advice on what and what i should present for me to be able to secure the student visa.

Already i have gotten the admision from the school
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by ralse: 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2007
guys, am on my way to sydney, what should i xpect to get? to c? what skill should i come with? coming to make money, what is job and money making like in sydney? what do i have best chances at? thanks
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by dblock(m): 4:12pm On Sep 29, 2007
I wouldn't know I live in Brisbane, but Acidrop dey for Sydney
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by esonic: 9:15pm On Nov 24, 2008
hi dblock, wots up, how u doing? I 'm a young professional hoping to migrate to Australia sometime next yr, I really need on ground info, especially about accomodation costs and location in queensland and maybe brisbane, I would like to hear from u, hit me on sonicdemilo@yahoo.com or can I contact u?
cheers.
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by whatever90(f): 9:27pm On Nov 24, 2008
racists or not,i love that country cool
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by Thadude(m): 10:45pm On Nov 24, 2008
Ami ke! If na picture them dey take travel, i for don travel since. Pharoh let my people go, before them follow picture waka, chei! no be 1970s here we being dey enjoy? dey use 1kobo the drink condense milk,
where all those students?, Una never ask about schools for East-timor,
So, 6 credits now na a step ahead abroad chei, make me too go get my 6 credits so that i go be student awaiting visa result to travel. The day wen all foreign schools go band all Nigerians students that day eye go see ween!
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by diamonic: 2:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
@awoof i like your post on easttimor but that country is close to australia,i personally have been to haiti which is another hell,i have travel wide too
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by 27naira(m): 3:48pm On Aug 24, 2011
awoof:

thank you o my brother, as i was sleeping one night like that God con speak to me that i should go to East timor and who am i to refuse? grin grin cheesy

i can't fit laugh, grin grin grin
Re: Sydney, Australia (skyline!) by Nobody: 9:31am On Feb 02, 2013
How much is the cheapest air ticket fare from nigeria to Australia.

(1) (Reply)

NIGERIANS SHOULD BE CAREFUL GOING TO TURKISH REPUBLIC OF NORTH CYPRUS. (THREAD) / Full List Of International Airports In Nigeria / Travel Abroad On Sponsor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.