Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

BREAKING: Confusion As Mother Allegedly Kills Her Son, Commits Suicide In Ayobo - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / BREAKING: Confusion As Mother Allegedly Kills Her Son, Commits Suicide In Ayobo (707 Views)

24-Year-Old Woman Kills Her Son After The Father Rejected Him In Delta State / Man Commits Suicide In Delta As Mother Fails To Give Him N700 / Liberian Girl Cut Off Boyfriend's Private Part, Boyfriend Kills Her(Graphic Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

BREAKING: Confusion As Mother Allegedly Kills Her Son, Commits Suicide In Ayobo by guru03(m): 3:35am On Mar 31, 2019
Lagos – Tragedy struck in the sleepy town of Ayobo on Saturday when a middle-aged school teacher and mother of one allegedly killed her three-year-old son before committing suicide on Saturday evening.

The woman, whose name is withheld as police investigations continue, was a school teacher at Tri-fets Private School, also in Ayobo.

The deceased, who resided at No 1, Femi Olaniran Street, off Ferguson Osagie Road, before her sudden death, was said to be financially comfortable as her husband was based abroad and had no known trouble that may have led her to kill her son and then take her own life.

According to a close family source who spoke to INDEPENDENT, the case has been reported to the Ayobo Police Station as police sources also say the police was not ruling out possible double homicide after facts emerged that the deceased and her son were foaming from the mouth when they were found dead inside their home.

Another theory says it may have been a case of food poisoning.

The family source also informed INDEPENDENT that the remains of the deceased mother and child have not been moved as the tradition in Ayobo area is that when sudden and unexplained deaths occur, the Oro is always consulted to find out the cause of death and to ward off evil spirits that may have been unleashed of the sudden mysterious death.

Reports say the two corpses are currently lying in the house awaiting the Oro rituals before they are moved.

INDEPENDENT was yet to find out the name of the deceased and her son as at the time of filing this report.

Sources: https://www.independent.ng/breaking-confusion-as-mother-allegedly-kills-her-baby-commits-suicide-in-ayobo/
Re: BREAKING: Confusion As Mother Allegedly Kills Her Son, Commits Suicide In Ayobo by ReneeNuttall(f): 5:22am On Mar 31, 2019
This is pure homicide, my reason being that she has no ulterior motive to commit suicide.People often commit suicide due to poverty, mental illness, depression etc and I doubt she has any of the issues mentioned above being that she's a monthly earner and her hubby is based abroad. I stand to be corrected through.
Re: BREAKING: Confusion As Mother Allegedly Kills Her Son, Commits Suicide In Ayobo by dante0147: 6:42am On Mar 31, 2019
ReneeNuttall:
This is pure homicide, my reason being that she has no ulterior motive to commit suicide.People often commit suicide due to poverty, mental illness, depression etc and I doubt she has any of the issues mentioned above being that she's a monthly earner and her hubby is based abroad. I stand to be corrected through.

I agree with you.. But I strongly advise they start the investigation from her husband it might still be a case of suicide !

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Confusion As Mother Allegedly Kills Her Son, Commits Suicide In Ayobo by khancrawford(f): 6:48am On Mar 31, 2019
Khan vs Crawford live takes place on Saturday April 20 at New York’s famed Madison Square Garden. Amir Khan faces another potentially career-defining fight as he takes on one of boxing’s best pound-for-pound fighters in Terence Crawford.Khan rolls the dice once again in his attempts to return to boxing’s elite ranks. Khan vs Crawford fight free

(1) (Reply)

Angry Boy Fights Masquerade For Snatching His Money (Photos) / Photos of Diezani’s $40m jewelry, gold iPhone forfeited to FG / Man Seen Washing His Foot In The Wash-hand Basin Of A Public Toilet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.