Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,197 members, 7,953,723 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 01:03 AM

What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? (22143 Views)

Remi Tinubu Is Actually The President Of This Country And Not Bola Ahmed (PHOTO) / Oshiomhole Accident In Benin: The Damaged SUV Conveying Ex Governor / In Benin, The Governor Kneels To Greet The King, But Not So In Other Kingdoms.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by MetaPhysical: 7:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
Prolog,

How was your Edo structured socially? Stop digressing.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Iamgrey5(m): 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
prolog31:
bastard, son of a whorre ! The answer is on the website goat fucker !
screen grab the map and show me the dates

And stop foaming in the mouth cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Guestlander: 7:59pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iamgrey5:

Lol
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 31, 2019
Someone else should take over, I am done. You prove something, they reject it with the wave of a hand. They make claims which they never prove and discuss fairytales as if they were facts. You debunk some of their claims, they continue talking with no shame, they change story at will. You shall call them Yoruba. No brains, just dogma, ignorance and lies ...
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iamgrey5:

��f.you
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:05pm On Mar 31, 2019
prolog31:
Someone else should take over, I am done. You prove something, they reject it with the wave of a hand. They make claims which they never prove and discuss fairytales as if they were facts. You debunk some of their claims, they continue talking with no shame, they change story at will. You shall call them Yoruba. No brains, just dogma, ignorance and lies ...
Oga logic! cone answer these logical questions o grin

Which Biafra kigdom existed in Nigeria?

Abi you should logical Answer that one grin

Where is the date on the maps at Spinoff links you provided?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:06pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Oga logic! cone answer these logical questions o grin

Which Biafra kigdom existed in Nigeria?

Abi you should logical Answer that one grin

Where is the date on the maps at Spinoff links you provided?

f.you
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
prolog31:
��f.you
Bleep you is how to argue logically in your village
Defeat me with logic not insults cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Westtimeline: 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
[s]
prolog31:
[/s]Shut up and stop distorting history.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Iamgrey5(m): 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2019
Guestlander:

Lol
Shey you see Oga logic soo

He is now insulting everyone like a common street tout in Oshodi cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by MetaPhysical: 8:10pm On Mar 31, 2019
grin grin grin

He dismissed Ogiso, dismissed Oba, when asked to narrate Edo social structure he said he is done! A 419 scammer! grin

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by MetaPhysical: 8:11pm On Mar 31, 2019
Im out...
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Bulleye(m): 8:12pm On Mar 31, 2019
What all this debate is about is that the Benin are not Yoruba. All Yoruba ethnic nationalities openly identify as Yoruba. The Benin are saying they are not Yoruba neither do they belong to our body of allies. They are free to choose where they belong.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Iamgrey5(m): 9:53pm On Mar 31, 2019
Where is the logically logical guy.
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Guestlander: 10:17pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Where is the logically logical guy.

He is now Mr. Nobody. He deactivated his account, I guess the humiliation was too much for him.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by thatigboman: 10:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
Guestlander:

He is now Mr. Nobody. He deactivated his account, I guess the humiliation was too much for him.
this marabout, typical yoruba Muslim, u are here lying to yourself.
Answer simple questions. Is your oduduwa from 'heaven' or Saudi Arabia or South East? 2ndly, when he fell from wherever he fel from and landed in ile ife ( wonder why he didnt land inside Atlantic ocean or Pacific ocean), didnt he meet Modakekes there?
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Iamgrey5(m): 10:33pm On Mar 31, 2019
Guestlander:

lol he was trying too hard grin

He probably didn't know much about what he was arguing about.

He didn't even know the slave coast is also the bight of Benin. He said slave trade was carried out in the coast of slave not bight of Benin.

I was planning to expose him gradually.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Guestlander: 10:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
thatigboman:
this marabout, typical yoruba Muslim, u are here lying to yourself.
Answer simple questions. Is your oduduwa from 'heaven' or Saudi Arabia or South East? 2ndly, when he fell from wherever he fel from and landed in ile ife ( wonder why he didnt land inside Atlantic ocean or Pacific ocean), didnt he meet Modakekes there?

Why don't you go back to drinking your ogogoro? This discussion is above your pay grade.

4 Likes

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Guestlander: 11:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iamgrey5:
Yorubas are the second largest tribe in Benin republic after the Fons, so it Is kind of still a Yoruba thing.

Yorubas are one of the major groups in Republic of Benin. Thank you for reminding the doofus.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by tsdarkside(m): 11:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
you are right and wrong....but you dont consider the period before whites landed on our shores....

to understand,you must go way far back....
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by tsdarkside(m): 11:12pm On Mar 31, 2019
whites are the wrong source to go get african history....

we have many black historians and scholars....you dont need whites to find out your own history....

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Mar 31, 2019
Iamgrey5:
lol he was trying too hard grin

He probably didn't know much about what he was arguing about.

He didn't even know the slave coast is also the bight of Benin. He said slave trade was carried out in the coast of slave not bight of Benin.

I was planning to expose him gradually.
I left because you yoruba-supremacists are too dumb and ignorant and arrogant. You just keep on making unsubstantiated claims while refusing claims which come with proof so long they do not suit the Yoruba narrative. This precolonial map clearly shows the slave coast to not be the same thing as the Bight of Benin.
https://gallica.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/btv1b7759519k/f1.item.r=Royaume%20du%20Benin.zoom

You see how you guys just argue with 0 facts ?
How do you want a normal human being to have a debate with you ? You are too dumb for a debate !
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Nobody: 11:20pm On Mar 31, 2019
I am deactivating this account as well rather than wait once again for the gang up by a bunch of Yoruba ignorant trolls. You guys are not interested in the truth, you are not discussing history, you are just rewriting history to suit your ego. Logics has failed you lots
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Guestlander: 11:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
I am deactivating this account as well rather than wait once again for the gang up by a bunch of Yoruba ignorant trolls. You guys are not interested in the truth, you are not discussing history, you are just rewriting history to suit your ego. Logics has failed you lots

Lol, na wha o.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by shugabasbn: 11:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
Onijagidijagan:

That Oba of Lagos is a descendant of Benin Prince doesn't necessary means the Lagos Yorubas(Awori) are descendants of Benin.

Likewise it is safe to say, that Obas of Benin are descendants of Oba oranmiyan doesnt means Benin people are Yoruba people.

The Hausas also proved that Oduduwa is an Hausa Fulani man. That he came from the northern part. (I will believe the latter than the former).

You even knows. Gobir empire that extended to the Niger republic especially Maradi they are also more common among Ilorin people they claim that they are real Hausa and believed Oduduwa is one of their cousin that both are migrated from Sudan not present day Sudan country the old Sudan. In fact some of them still have the same relationship especially on tribal marks and other ways of life. If u go to Gobir area in Sokoto they have so much love for Yoruba than any other tribes even than Fulani because of the history. How true is it it is left for historian.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Rosskii: 12:18am On Apr 01, 2019
icebird25:
And I don't know how Benin kingdom who's the second oldest kingdom in Africa after king pharoah

Huh? Who is 'King Pharaoh'?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Rosskii: 12:27am On Apr 01, 2019
Binikingdowm:
because they were raised like that, they try to twist history because of ego problem.

How would a sane human being believe oduduwa trekked from meccai to ile Ife?..

Who said he trekked?

Or you don't know our people travelled around with horses in the past?

All you indomie generation wey no study history for school.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by gregyboy(m): 12:45am On Apr 01, 2019
Guestlander:

Basically you have no evidence other than your ego to tell us the heads of dead Oba of Benin were not buried in Ife. I even told you the location in Ife. Perhaps you can go there and dig.

I still wonder why is only the benin oba heads that are buried there even the rest Yoruba kings are absconded from the burial something is fishy here....dont you think only on nairaland in the full goggle you can find the writeup of orun oba ado

I smell lies
Re: What Is The Relationship Between Benin, The Country And Benin City In Nigeria? by Evidenx(m): 1:13am On Apr 01, 2019
Haha. ..i have laughed and laughed till I was tired.. I don't have time to argue, who came from who...or join in d battle for supremacy.
But I have this to say, I blame the whites, they caused this, they have distorted history in Nigeria to a point no one know's the truths,this they did dibratley to keep us divided against ourselves. The same way they also made sure Africa as a continent is divided because they are afraid of our unity... Keep arguing while they keep developing their countries and maintaining their super power status.
If all of us on nairaland have a job were are payed 1miilion per month am sure by now you will be asleep so as to wake up early tomorrow to be able to resume work early... But alas!!! work nor dey naija na only argument work dem create.... Lol.
In d voice of fella... ARGUMENT, ARGUMENTS ARGUE ARGUMENTS.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Salihu Kadiri: Amotekun Targeted At Fulani Herders — Sarkin Fulani / Peter Obi To Attend AY Live Today: Valentine Ozigbo / Cardoso, Deputies Under Scrutiny Over Alleged ‘generous’ Approvals

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.