Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:22 AM

Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines (1450 Views)

KKKK--- Oils Recommended For Peugeot/PSA Petrol Engines / Diesel And Petrol Vehicles May Be Banned In The Next 10 Years In Nigeria / Diesel Engine And Petrol Engine Which Do You Prefer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by perfectbuy(m): 1:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
It’s important to understand the pros and cons of diesel and petrol engines and their applications in vehicles. Knowing this will better help us to appreciate these engines and widen our views of which best engine to choose when buying a car for use. Many Nigerians are oblivious to the usefulness of a diesel engine, limiting their knowledge to the norm that only heavy duty vehicles use diesel, but this is wrong. Even some entry level sedan cars use diesel engines for it’s unique advantage over petrol engine. This will be explained fully below.

Please follow the link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2019/03/31/understanding-pros-and-cons-of-diesel-and-petrol-engines/

Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by gabng(m): 1:54pm On Jul 03, 2019
perfectbuy:
It’s important to understand the pros and cons of diesel and petrol engines and their applications in vehicles. Knowing this will better help us to appreciate these engines and widen our views of which best engine to choose when buying a car for use. Many Nigerians are oblivious to the usefulness of a diesel engine, limiting their knowledge to the norm that only heavy duty vehicles use diesel, but this is wrong. Even some entry level sedan cars use diesel engines for it’s unique advantage over petrol engine. This will be explained fully below.

Please follow the link below to read more:
https://www.spotdem.com/2019/03/31/understanding-pros-and-cons-of-diesel-and-petrol-engines/

Once Dangote refinery comes on stream Nigerian's will start looking at this direction.

Mark my words.

Gazzuzz

1 Like

Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by erico2k2(m): 2:30am On Jul 04, 2019
gabng:

Once Dangote refinery comes on stream Nigerian's will start looking at this direction.

Mark my words.

Gazzuzz
The DIesel he is planning to refine is below per. so there is nothing to celebrate however the whole thing looks like a scam.
Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by orahfrancis(m): 7:35am On Jul 04, 2019
Nice piece am surprised that nigerians are not paying attention to diesel engine. Personally I love diesel cwrs but have not had the opportunity to use one. I know a customer who owns a golf plus he said he travelled to the east and back with a full tank of diesel. Please has anyone used one please can u educate us on usage and maintenance

1 Like

Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by gabng(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2019
erico2k2:

The DIesel he is planning to refine is below per. so there is nothing to celebrate however the whole thing looks like a scam.

Care to back up your statement with facts?
Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by gabng(m): 6:35pm On Jul 04, 2019
orahfrancis:
Nice piece am surprised that nigerians are not paying attention to diesel engine. Personally I love diesel cwrs but have not had the opportunity to use one. I know a customer who owns a golf plus he said he travelled to the east and back with a full tank of diesel. Please has anyone used one please can u educate us on usage and maintenance

The key is finding diesel mechanics.
Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by erico2k2(m): 7:04pm On Jul 04, 2019
gabng:

Care to back up your statement with facts?
He is planning to produce Euro 5 Diesel when we are already using Euro 6 in the west plus he is using the Refinery to secure huge loans and the monies is not being put into building the refinery, this was what the Airlines where doing back in the 90s to get cheap forex

https://punchng.com/dangote-arranges-4-5bn-financing-for-refinery/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/mfonobongnsehe/2018/07/15/africas-richest-man-aliko-dangote-gets-650-million-loan-from-afreximbank-for-oil-refinery/

1 Like

Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by erico2k2(m): 7:10pm On Jul 04, 2019
orahfrancis:
Diesel is a heavy oil does not burn quick so U get more m/gallon, and the Engine is stronger and rigid than that of petrol cos of the way it works(Compression)
Re: Understanding Pros And Cons Of Diesel And Petrol Engines by perfectbuy(m): 9:39am On Jul 13, 2019
True

(1) (Reply)

Jaguar Issue / All Direct Foregin Used Cars / Service Engine Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.