Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,520 members, 7,819,868 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:13 AM

How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) (31450 Views)

Potholes On Road In Nigeria Vs In UK (Pictures) / FG Patches Potholes On Sagamu-Ore Axis Of The Lagos-Benin Expressway / Kigali, Rwanda Has No Potholes On Its Tarred Roads After Surviving A War (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by chibu4u2(m): 6:41pm On Mar 31, 2019
Pearlyakin:
Same goes for Ibadan to Iseyin road, that road is so bad that you won't know maybe you should pray for rain to fall or not because when it rains it turns to mud Republic but when it is dry everywhere is covered with dust yet the deputy governor of Oyo state ply that road often and nothing is being done till now.
Nigeria ti cast

Unarguably one of the worst road(s) in nigeria
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by anytexy: 6:42pm On Mar 31, 2019
GreatResearcher:
Potholes didn't kill your son. Reckless driving did.
Are you are driver.? I doubt if you are. pothole can cause terrible accident more especially on a smooth road. Remember he said the pothole occurred one month after commissioning the road and was not attended to.... when you are on speed on a smooth road and suddenly you ran into pothole you will understand..

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by crackhouse(m): 6:45pm On Mar 31, 2019
IamD18:
I hate it when people put up blames for their loss.
u are mad. Because he's not ur son right?
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by badoh(m): 6:48pm On Mar 31, 2019
The issue is we have government ranging from local govt to federal that are not accountable to the people. Most of the times, you see roads that only needs attention of the local govt to grade or fill the potholes but rather they will be waiting for the state govt to fix. These local govts collect monthly allocations and the percentage that ought to go to projects are being embezzled by them. Most of the blames should not go to the federal govt. What is the duty of works department in local govts and road maintainance agency in state govt? Just to fuel caterpillar to grade bad roads is a problem. It is better to revert to parliamentary system of govt instead of presidential system that is expensive to maintain.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by Jabioro: 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
MistadeRegal:
Same as Agbara-Atan Road. It's heart-rending driving along that road. When you take bike to save the stress also, before you get to Atan from Agbara or to Agbara from Atan, only your family will recognize you from the natural pancake talcum powder the road give out for free from head to toes.
That's still better; what the daily crash of heavy trucks especially during raining season.
The government is just not available.
That road na hell..!

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by aku626(m): 6:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
I really sympathize with him on his loss driving in Nigeria is on a different level we have to know the terrain well enough before plying it. Limit needless movements especially at night apply all necessary road safety measures. It is for your own good.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by crusufixo(m): 6:56pm On Mar 31, 2019
Michaelkings:
you are a fool

God bless you for your response to that inhumane individual.

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by Excuzeme: 7:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
esanmantruth:
Sorry for the lose. But Fashola said potholes are not the major cause of accidents on Nigeria roads that is APC road doctor but I don’t know how to accuse the government in Akwa Ibom for this because is another government. We know opposition parties in Nigeria don’t work together so when judging them do it separately, no noise. Now which government to blame? The truth is that no smooth roads in Nigeria Oshomole can testify to that because even some of the roads he build for us t[b]hat same month the contractors completed the road potholes show up from where they started the work[/b]. Sorry madam

the bolded above, refers.

We Nigerians need to start thinking critically.
Contractors will always be contractors and Politicians are the same all over the world, it is the fear of PUNISHMENT that keeps everybody in check

But let us remember that for every Road contract awarded, there is a SUPERVISING ENGINEER, who is a Civil Servant, whose job is to ensure that the Road is build to stipulated STANDARD and who finally CERTIFY the Job as COMPLETED.
It is these category of Civil Servants that the law needs to start dealing with, in a very, very punitive manner (In China, such Public Officer will likely get the death sentence). Jail them if they certify an unworthy Road standard,

If that "Engineer" had not taken bribe, he would have insisted that the Asphalt and other critical constituents required to build that Road, are up to the specified standard....and the Road would probably have lasted at least ten years before any repair is required.

there are Roads built by the colonial masters as far back as the 1960's, that are still in existence till today. Solidly built Roads.

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by GreatResearcher: 7:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
anytexy:
Are you are driver.? I doubt if you are. pothole can cause terrible accident more especially on a smooth road. Remember he said the pothole occurred one month after commissioning the road and was not attended to.... when you are on speed on a smooth road and suddenly you ran into pothole you will understand..
He wasn't the only one who ply that road. Also he was aware of the potholes.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by smog2500: 7:09pm On Mar 31, 2019
MistadeRegal:
Same as Agbara-Atan Road. It's heart-rending driving along that road. When you take bike to save the stress also, before you get to Atan from Agbara or to Agbara from Atan, only your family will recognize you from the natural pancake talcum powder the road give out for free from head to toes.
That's still better; what the daily crash of heavy trucks especially during raining season.
what about lusada-Igbesa road that's the worst road I have ever come across

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by emmaattack: 7:21pm On Mar 31, 2019
Too bad.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by 88natzy(m): 7:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
Dannygold3790:
Pecalian B Mega Concept is recruiting tomorrow in PH Rivers State.
@98 Ada George Rd opposite Tonninno filling station.
Access Code ABT/E/003
Time 8 am

While coming, come with your writing materials.
For more info.. 09093473309
Red alert.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by dallyemmy: 7:29pm On Mar 31, 2019
I think we need to start suing government for negligence! Don't say this is Nigeria! Leaders must be held accountable for their wrongdoings. We pay our taxes!
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by DonX001: 7:32pm On Mar 31, 2019
babzo:

Are you ok sir.
Im in Yankee right now in a State where the cold winter has left many potholes everywhere. Come and see people complaining everywhere (tax payers who are the voters!). As soon as the non stop snow stopped last week, almost all the potholes have been fixed.
Even before that, when the snow was on day after day with temperatures like minus 30; as soon as several people call about the severity of ANY pothole, the road management people instantly put a construction warning cone by that spot so that people becareful of that spot while its earmarked for fixing. That is in a normal country sir.
Pls tell them ooo!!
I think a lot of people's heads in Nigeria are not screwed right. Maybe its chronic suffering that has made people not know what should be normal anymore.
Pls tell them more.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by ToyinDipo(m): 7:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Had an accident because of one today, I was told same spot had claimed life of someone recently
Any government which intentionally turns blind eye to any of these death traps will know no peace
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by aku626(m): 7:47pm On Mar 31, 2019
When I listen to news I always ask myself how do we make this elected officials accountable we put them there they should be answerable to us. Then I realized they bribed their way there therefore stealing the voices of the people
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by Sagay212: 8:22pm On Mar 31, 2019
thesicilian:
Sorry about your loss Sir.

But if the pot holes have been there for over a year now, they they are not the ones that killed your child, rather you should blame the driver who could not see them.

We should learn to care for ourselves instead of waiting to blame our failed government when disaster strikes.

This is how you Nigerians get used to mad.ness . Blame the driver instead of the bastar.d cursed politicians and FRSC Idi.ots for leaving pot holes on our roads. Don't worry maybe when it happens to you or someone close to you, you will understand that it is the highest level of foolish.ness to have pot holes on the roads. Nigeria as a country should be bombed.

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by davillian(m): 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2019
The elite now uses plane and private jet so the government doesn't really give a flying fuuuuck about the roads.
I remember in the 90,s were the roads was used by the rulling class the roads were more safe with little or no potholes.
The only thing they fix now are runways in the airports.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by Sagay212: 8:26pm On Mar 31, 2019
anytexy:

Don't mind these useless people who don't have a bicycle let alone a napep or car. They just be yapping trash. There should never be pot holes on any road no matter how small. If not that Nigeria is a jungle and country filled with the most useless and foo.lish leaders, we shouldn't be experiencing such nonsense like this. Drive through some roads in Lagos and see how cursed construction companies leave big stones beside the roads. Sometime you even wonder if these useless leaders have intentions to kill Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by Sagay212: 8:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
badoh:
The issue is we have government ranging from local govt to federal that are not accountable to the people. Most of the times, you see roads that only needs attention of the local govt to grade or fill the potholes but rather they will be waiting for the state govt to fix. These local govts collect monthly allocations and the percentage that ought to go to projects are being embezzled by them. Most of the blames should not go to the federal govt. What is the duty of works department in local govts and road maintainance agency in state govt? Just to fuel caterpillar to grade bad roads is a problem. It is better to revert to parliamentary system of govt instead of presidential system that is expensive to maintain.

I am not sure local govt get monthly allocation anymore. Most local govt are just there for decoration. The state govt don't release any funds to them. That's why a lot of roads in the inner cities are terrible. It's also so painful that Nigerians just accept all these bullshi.t from these animals called politicians. Even the elites in th uptown areas will rather buy SUVs to drive through bad roads rather than complain and have the government fix it. Yet we pay taxes.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by otokx(m): 8:52pm On Mar 31, 2019
Thought they said Udom is working?
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by tyup(m): 8:58pm On Mar 31, 2019
MistadeRegal:

Lool grin
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by tyup(m): 9:00pm On Mar 31, 2019
Pearlyakin:
Same goes for Ibadan to Iseyin road, that road is so bad that you won't know maybe you should pray for rain to fall or not because when it rains it turns to mud Republic but when it is dry everywhere is covered with dust yet the deputy governor of Oyo state ply that road often and nothing is being done till now.
Nigeria ti cast

Lol so u dont knw Moses adeyemo is just an house boy and cant even fight fr himself
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by Bluffly: 9:31pm On Mar 31, 2019
mhiztaNexy:
i hate it when ppl don't think before posting. U never knw how hard it is till it hits you. Careful with your words if you really don't have anything to offer. Rip to the soul lost.
People also die on smooth roads. Should we also blame the government for smooth roads. I have driven hours on most Nigerian highways. I anticipate that there will be a pot hole ahead, I don't overtake on hills, bends, obscured paths to say. When drivers are careful around potholes they can't have accident. I dn't speed on unfamiliar roads. Even USA has potholes.
RIP to the dead.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by zola105: 9:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
ajayiopy:
NO NIGERIAN POLITICIAN WILL MAKE HEAVEN,EVEN OSIBANJO
.Hahaha,what about you?
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by VolvoS60(m): 10:28pm On Mar 31, 2019
Bluffly:

People also die on smooth roads. Should we also blame the government for smooth roads. I have driven hours on most Nigerian highways. I anticipate that there will be a pot hole ahead, I don't overtake on hills, bends, obscured paths to say. When drivers are careful around potholes they can't have accident. I dn't speed on unfamiliar roads. Even USA has potholes.
RIP to the dead.

^^^
undecided
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by prophetfire: 10:57pm On Mar 31, 2019
thesicilian:
Sorry about your loss Sir.

But if the pot holes have been there for over a year now, they they are not the ones that killed your child, rather you should blame the driver who could not see them.

We should learn to care for ourselves instead of waiting to blame our failed government when disaster strikes.
HONESTLY YOU MUST BE A VERY BIG FOOLISH CAVE DWELLER.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by MistadeRegal(m): 12:36am On Apr 01, 2019
Jabioro:
That road na hell..!

tyup:

Lool grin

And I doubt if the next government will do anything about it still because that road seem to be missing in Nigeria's geographical map.

1 Like

Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by MistadeRegal(m): 12:37am On Apr 01, 2019
smog2500:

what about lusada-Igbesa road that's the worst road I have ever come across

Yes. It's same road. It covers that area.
Re: How Potholes On Enen Nsit Road Killed My Son In Akwa Ibom - Man (Photos) by 9jaRealist: 6:30am On Apr 01, 2019
RIP...

Our poor roads are bad...
But our poor drivers are worse.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Many Dead As Truck Rams Into Shops In AAUA / #lagoslessons - Nigerians Give Important Tips On How To Survive Living In Lagos / I Want To Relocate To Lagos From Port Harcourt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.