Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,307 members, 7,826,216 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site (1435 Views)

How Do I Promote My Facebook Page? / How Can I Promote My New Music Blog / Get 15 One Click Demo Install Wordpress Ecommerce Site For Just 5K (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by vickertony(m): 10:56am On Apr 01, 2019
Guys how do I promote an existing Ecommerce site?

I'm the social media manager, it's something similar to jiji, different concept tho, this only for university students in Nigeria, putting up ads, buying and selling, you just choose your school on the database.

I need ideas guys on how to grow the site to the level of jiji
with low budget, already have official pages on most social media sites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even here on nairaland.

I need matured advice.

cc lalasticala
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by bassdow: 4:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
vickertony:
Guys how do I promote an existing Ecommerce site?

I'm the social media manager, it's something similar to jiji, different concept tho, this only for university students in Nigeria, putting up ads, buying and selling, you just choose your school on the database.

I need ideas guys on how to grow the site to the level of jiji
with low budget, already have official pages on most social media sites, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and even here on nairaland.

I need matured advice.

cc lalasticala

You need Ideas with Low budget.

You mean you set up a Business with no idea on how to run it.

If things works that way, there would be more Sellers than Buyers.

Your writeup tells a lot what kind of website you might have and What kind of Owner you are.

Just a quick tip, any good thing worth doing Deserves hard work, Dedication, Finances, Good strategy, etc.

Setting up a Business you know Nothing about simply because you see others doing same would take you no where Except you are willing to put in the Required Hard Work.

Have lost few Potential Clients for no Reason other than trying to make them see Reality.
They just want a Website with no sense of direction. Try to educate them and they run elsewhere.

You didn't give the website url so we know how to give you the FREE Ideas you desire.

Sometimes we need to ask ourselves a simple question - Why Would they visit Website A rather than Website B ?

Another way is, why would you Use MTN rather than GLO ?

Except you have an exceptional value to offer, you can't easily divert People's attention away from existing Brands.

You say Low Budget and Free Ideas and you mentioned , am sure you're very much aware never got to where they are today simply via Low Budget and Free Ideas.

If that works, then even those who you awaits to give you the FREE Ideas would be busy implementing them.

NB: Just a quick trick - Don't waste your time with AnyOne suggesting SEO without asking the Right Questions - knowing more about your Ideas (if any) and giving a Real World Solution.

SEO and Social Media pages works but neither is a BulletProof Automatic Solutions to all issues NoR a Swiss Army Knife.

Sorry for the long rant though
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by vickertony(m): 4:32pm On Apr 01, 2019
bassdow:

You need Ideas with Low budget.

You mean you set up a Business with no idea on how to run it.

If things works that way, there would be more Sellers than Buyers.

Your writeup tells a lot what kind of website you might have and What kind of Owner you are.

Just a quick tip, any good thing worth doing Deserves hard work, Dedication, Finances, Good strategy, etc.

Setting up a Business you know Nothing about simply because you see others doing same would take you no where Except you are willing to put in the Required Hard Work.

Have lost few Potential Clients for no Reason other than trying to make them see Reality.
They just want a Website with no sense of direction. Try to educate them and they run elsewhere.

You didn't give the website url so we know how to give you the FREE Ideas you desire.

Sometimes we need to ask ourselves a simple question - Why Would they visit Website A rather than Website B ?

Another way is, why would you Use MTN rather than GLO ?

Except you have an exceptional value to offer, you can't easily divert People's attention away from existing Brands.

You say Low Budget and Free Ideas and you mentioned , am sure you're very much aware never got to where they are today simply via Low Budget and Free Ideas.

If that works, then even those who you awaits to give you the FREE Ideas would be busy implementing them.

NB: Just a quick trick - Don't waste your time with AnyOne suggesting SEO without asking the Right Questions - knowing more about your Ideas (if any) and giving a Real World Solution.

SEO and Social Media pages works but neither is a BulletProof Automatic Solutions to all issues NoR a Swiss Army Knife.

Sorry for the long rant though

Thank you for your input.

I appreciate your criticism, well I'm the social media manager of the site, It's actually a friend's startup, so I'm trying to help him grow it.

https://www.dstreet.com.ng/

that's the Url, like I said it's similar to jiji with a different concept.
Regards the budget, he has spent a lot already promoting through social media, I'm looking for a way to make it go viral especially to university students, that's the Audience.

what do you think?

Thanks for your input.
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by mcqwerty(m): 7:02pm On Apr 02, 2019
You need growth hacking skills.
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by vickertony(m): 1:15pm On Apr 07, 2019
mcqwerty:
You need growth hacking skills.
How do I achieve this bro?
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by mcqwerty(m): 4:42am On Apr 10, 2019
Study and practice. Or employ one.
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by denydz: 9:45pm On Apr 10, 2019
You should check some seo strategies.
https://mensis.ro/optimizare-seo
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by vickertony(m): 12:22pm On Apr 11, 2019
mcqwerty:
Study and practice. Or employ one.
where do I study and practice? can you put me through?
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by vickertony(m): 12:23pm On Apr 11, 2019
denydz:
You should check some seo strategies. https://mensis.ro/optimizare-seo
thanks, I appreciate. are you into SEO yourself?
Re: How Do I Promote An Existing Ecommerce Site by Cyberleets: 4:05pm On Apr 11, 2019
vickertony:

thanks, I appreciate.
are you into SEO yourself?
Seo for an ecommerce site won't help you...

You need massive publicity. Facebook,Instagram Twitter ads will work fine for u.

(1) (Reply)

When Will Google Adsense Pay Me / Sending Bulk Mails: Who Knows How? / Creating Mobile Version Of A Site!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.