Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,414 members, 7,819,484 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:03 PM

Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index (1204 Views)

World Happiness Report Ranks Finland Happiest Country, What Did It Rank Nigeria? / 2022 World Happiness Report: 20 African Countries Rank Better Than Nigeria / World Happiness Index: How Nigerians Moved From World’s Happiest People To An An (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 2:20pm On Apr 01, 2019

Nigerians are happier than they were between 2014 and 2016, according to the World Happiness Report released by the United Nations on Wednesday.

The World Happiness Report measures “subjective well-being” – how happy the people are, and why.

The UN agency had ranked Nigerians the 95th happiest people in the world in 2017, based on its statistics gathered between 2014 and 2016.

But in its latest report, which ranked 156 countries by their happiness levels, and 117 countries by the happiness of their immigrants, Nigeria moved four places up, bringing it to the 91st position.

Finland is at the top of both rankings, having moved from its fifth position in 2017 to topple Norway, while Burundi ranked last.

The US came in at 18th position, down from 14th place in 2017, while Britain ranked 19th and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), 20th.

According to the report, “The overall rankings of country happiness are based on the pooled results from Gallup World Poll surveys from 2015-2017, and show both change and stability.

“There is a new top ranking country, Finland, but the top ten positions are held by the same countries as in the last two years, although with some swapping of places.

“Four different countries have held the top spot in the four most recent reports- Denmark, Switzerland, Norway and now Finland.”

Mauritius, ranked 55th, is the happiest African country.

The report listed obesity, the opioid crisis, and depression as three emerging health problems that threaten happiness, adding that “the evidence and discussion are focused on the United States, where the prevalence of all three problems has been growing faster and further than in most other countries.”

The report also said migrating to another country provides for many people a major opportunity to obtain a happier life, especially to countries that accept them.

“Many migrants will surely experience considerable happiness gains, particularly those who meet basic subsistence needs by migrating, as basic needs such as economic security and safety are vital conditions for happiness,” it read.

https://www.thecable.ng/nigerians-are-getting-happier-according-to-world-happiness-index
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 2:23pm On Apr 01, 2019
Nigerians are still the happiest people on the surface of the earth....

God Bless Nigeria..

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Nbote(m): 2:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
Jus negodu what dis fake news zonB is sharing... I actually expected him to categorically link d happiness to PMB

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 2:30pm On Apr 01, 2019
[s]
Nbote:
Jus negodu what dis fake news zonB is sharing... I actually expected him to categorically link d happiness to PMB
[/s]

We are talking about Nigerians, not bitter, disgruntled and hateful anti Nigerian Igbos..

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Nbote(m): 2:31pm On Apr 01, 2019
deomelo:
[s][/s]

We are talking about Nigerians, not bitter, disgruntled and hateful anti Nigerian Igbos..

And I am talking about a particular agent of fake news and a resident zonB

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by internationalman(m): 2:42pm On Apr 01, 2019
Did they go to the street and ask every Nigerian..

Rubbish.
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by buhariguy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
idiotic pigs Will not like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Upton: 2:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
Happiness of their immigrants. I don't understand.
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 3:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
buhariguy:
idiotic pigs Will not like this

They are nothing but sad, bitter, frustrated, angry, unhappy and pathetic losers.. They rejoice only in sadness.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Nobody: 3:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
deomelo:

They are nothing but sad, bitter, frustrated, angry, unhappy and pathetic losers.. They rejoice only in sadness.

With the rate of unemployment, killings everywhere and recession, you are saying Nigerians are getting happy ?
Leave tribalism alone, be truthful to yourself,
Where is the happiness ??

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Bonebreaker(m): 3:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
BULLSH**IT
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by twerkjack: 3:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
seyi371:

With the rate of unemployment, killings everywhere and recession, you are saying Nigerians are getting happy ?

i’ve been wondering about this for quite a while now

Tot I should speak out and say something

I really hope u don’t mind my question

But

Don’t u people ever get tired of WAILING
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Nobody: 3:51pm On Apr 01, 2019
We're very much happy with the level of unemployment, electoral rape by the APC and gruesome killings by the herdsmen.

We're happy and grateful.

Ndiara.
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Mizwisdom(f): 4:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
Which ranking will we believe? I can only speak for myself cheesy
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by tesppidd: 4:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Wailers!

If the report had said "Nigerians are getting sadder" according to world sadness report they would have believed immediately.
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by helinues: 4:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
Like sheriously??

Happy for what? Poor governance, hunger, unemployment, extra judicial killings, epileptic electricity

This to whoever write this

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 4:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
seyi371:

Happiness is a personal state of mind, the fact that you are unhappy doesn't mean your neighbor is also unhappy.

I know people like you see and rejoice in nothing but sadness, doom and gloom, calamity and destruction, but this is not our general story and state of mind, these are strictly your own personal beliefs and headache.
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by brainbox80: 4:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
deomelo:
Nigerians are still the happiest people on the surface of the earth....

God Bless Nigeria..
YES, WE ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT SMILES WHEN SUFFERING
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Stalwert: 4:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
deomelo:

Happiness is a personal state of mind, the fact that you are unhappy doesn't mean your neighbor is also unhappy.

I know people like you see and rejoice in nothing but sadness, doom and gloom, calamity and destruction, but this is not our general story and state of mind, these are strictly your own personal beliefs and headache.

Leave those who enjoy sadness to remain sad
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Ratello: 4:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
seyi371:

That kid may be dying but you know they are sold out to demonic oath to celebrate wickedness that's why I don't pity the likes if the OP never again......just relax while we all watch what I'd about to happen to these supporters of evil in Nigeria. The prayers have been offered already and results is what we awaits. Nigeria's plantain is rotting and these demonic ones are claiming is ripening.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by mbos: 5:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
most miserable and same time happy and jubilant zoo people
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
brainbox80:
YES, WE ARE THE ONLY NATION THAT SMILES WHEN SUFFERING

Same way you are the only saddest and suffering person in Nigeria.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 5:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
[s]
Ratello:

That kid may be dying but you know they are sold out to demonic oath to celebrate wickedness that's why I don't pity the likes if the OP never again......just relax while we all watch what I'd about to happen to these supporters of evil in Nigeria. The prayers have been offered already and results is what we awaits. Nigeria's plantain is rotting and these demonic ones are claiming is ripening.
[/s]

More Nigerians affirmed their happiness and support for Nigeria and the current leadership via the last election so of what relevance is your hateful, bitter, disgruntled and frustrated sentiments.

You bitter Igbos are on your own.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by AroleOduduwa2: 6:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
All thanks to Okorocha for creating the ministry of happiness
Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by tribalistseun: 7:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Rubbish news from a fake news carrier Cable.ng

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by brainbox80: 7:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
deomelo:

Same way you are the only saddest and suffering person in Nigeria.
SUCH A SHAME THAT YOU CAN'T JUST STOP SHOWING YOURSELF. BRING A MATTER TO THE TABLE AND YOUR BEST APPROACH TO A DISCOURSE IS TO THROW STONES ... VERY ANIMALISTIC!! FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I NEVER DATED YOUR MOTHER, NEITHER WAS I THE CAUSE OF YOUR PARENTS SEPARATING; SO LEARN TO HONOR PEOPLE FOR ONCE COS IT CAN HELP YOU SEE GOOD AGAIN. THAT YOU WERE RAISE BY A WRETCHED SINGLE PARENT SHOULD NOT MAKE YOU DIE A PERPETUAL INSOLENT. EASE UP FOR ONCE, MAN AND THAT CAN BE YOU STEP TO BEING REFINED, OKAY

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by Almaiga: 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
My President is working, Kudos to Buhari.

Re: Nigerians Are Getting Happier — According To World Happiness Index by deomelo: 4:26am On Apr 02, 2019
[s]
brainbox80:
SUCH A SHAME THAT YOU CAN'T JUST STOP SHOWING YOURSELF. BRING A MATTER TO THE TABLE AND YOUR BEST APPROACH TO A DISCOURSE IS TO THROW STONES ... VERY ANIMALISTIC!! FOR YOUR INFORMATION, I NEVER DATED YOUR MOTHER, NEITHER WAS I THE CAUSE OF YOUR PARENTS SEPARATING; SO LEARN TO HONOR PEOPLE FOR ONCE COS IT CAN HELP YOU SEE GOOD AGAIN. THAT YOU WERE RAISE BY A WRETCHED SINGLE PARENT SHOULD NOT MAKE YOU DIE A PERPETUAL INSOLENT. EASE UP FOR ONCE, MAN AND THAT CAN BE YOU STEP TO BEING REFINED, OKAY
[/s]

Ignorant and unintelligent ipob rubbish in caps is really annoying.

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo Releases Bomb Shell As He Revealed Those Planning To Islamise Nigeria / How Pdp Under Jonathan Hates Yoruba Race / Buharist Blames Super Falcons Loss On 'biafran' Players, Twitter Users React

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.