Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,084 members, 7,814,749 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:49 PM

Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue - Events (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue (50643 Views)

Bridegroom Escapes Through The Bush During Wedding Ceremony In Imo State / Fire Breaks Out During Wedding Reception In Lagos (video/photos) / MC Tom Dancing During Wedding Ceremony (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by alezzy13: 7:25pm On Apr 01, 2019
joshaac:
Inconclusive news, the reason why their were bar from entry was because of their dressing. It has being the doctrine of the church for all women coming to the church must cover their hair but unfortunately for them they did not do that so the pastor refused to bend the rules. It is not the issue of the ladies in question are from Catholic

Im surprised o. I thought Catholics dress well
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by feeloscar(m): 7:27pm On Apr 01, 2019
agya1:
Fake News!!!!
It is a known fact that the NKST church the second largest church in Tiv land( after the Roman Catholic Church ) has a strict doctrine regarding weddings. One of of which is not permitting even members (but Non-communicants) from participating as groomsmen and bridesmaids as the case may be. This means that even if you're a member of the church but not a communicant you can't participate as earlier stated ( not to talk of non-members ).
Now this is their law/doctrine and it is well known to even non members of NKST church. It expected that you must abide by this if you must wed there.
Like every organisation/fraternity or even social groups there are laws governing them and it becomes Lawless as a member to want to disregard outrighly those laws.
You might want to argue that as a church there shouldn't dwell on doctrines rather on Grace...but again those in Benue/tivLand know NKST for it's very strict and conservative doctrines.
I know a friend who's bestman was bounced on hi's wedding day cos he was bearded..dude had to look for a replacement. That's how strict there are at NKST.
IMO the groomsmen or bridesmaids should have just gone to wait at the reception cos they can't pretend not to know the rules.
Please this wasn't about prejudice to any denomination.
Same rules apply to their members who aren't communicants!!!
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by alezzy13: 7:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
farous:
Please what is the full meaning of NkST

It's a TIV acronym, but it's translated as Universal Reformed Christian Church.
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by noisy45(m): 7:38pm On Apr 01, 2019
Where is daddy freezer grin

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by payosehtor(m): 7:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
dexterbam:
Please what is the meaning of nkst
it's a TIV acronym purely. N-nongu K-kristu S-sudan T -Tiv (A Sudanist reformed church among the Tiv)
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by luckypeace1980: 7:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
NKST means what? The op did not substantiate his claim very well. U people should stop posting anything you see or hear in this platform
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by Hillary4christ(m): 7:50pm On Apr 01, 2019
Hmmmm a house divided against itself will never stand only in christtaindon we hear such nonsense in Islam u can travel to from Abj to Enugu & enter any mosque & pray its normal but here they discriminate even among Catholic we have knight of St.John & Knight of Mulumba in Anambra u can't get some position if u don't belong one St Jogn
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by zicoraads: 7:55pm On Apr 01, 2019
I knew this was going to find its way to Nairaland.

The NKST church will not bend its rules for anyone. Even as members of the church, and as a son to a foremost elder, I have been sanctioned before.

We will not lose sleep over this one as well. Our rules are ours. Those who are angry over these rules can leave.

We are solidly behind our pastor!

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by bayooz(m): 7:56pm On Apr 01, 2019
End Time Churches plenty for naija

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by zicoraads: 8:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
bayooz:
End Time Churches plenty for naija
NKST is the biggest church amongst the Tivs.

The church is over 100 years. Owns a university, several secondary schools, several hospitals and nursing schools etc.

Travel out of your comfort zone and stop typing with ignorance.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by markfour(m): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Stupid things are always happening in Benue state..Benue people are the most stupid and dangerous sets of people...
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by bayooz(m): 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
zicoraads:

NKST is the biggest church amongst the Tivs.

The church is over 100 years. Owns a university, several secondary schools, several hospitals and nursing schools etc.

Travel out of your comfort zone and stop typing with ignorance.
Where was your Spiritual leader and Church Elders when your member is engaged to the groom in question? What Bible passages is supporting the Church action?
Your church erred in this. It is hypocritical of your church to have done this to the groom guests.
I agree am ignorant. Kindly educate me about your church doctrines. Myself and my household may be ready to join.
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by zicoraads: 8:17pm On Apr 01, 2019
bayooz:

Where was your Spiritual leader and Church Elders when your member is engaged to the groom in question? What Bible passages is supporting the Church action?
Your church erred in this. It is hypocritical of your church to have done this to the groom guests.
I agree am ignorant. Kindly educate me about your church doctrines. Myself and my household may be ready to join.
You mean I should show you Bible passages supporting decent dressing?

The doctrine states that the groom and the bride must bring their trains to the church a day before the wedding, so as to be told about the need to cover their hair, and not wear revealing clothes. Most couples sometimes disobey this rule. Some pastors wave it off, others don't. This pastor decided not to.

The church has come out strongly to say they won't be losing any sleep over this incident. And as members, we stand solidly behind the church. There are clubs all over Makurdi and no one stops anyone from going there to organise a wedding. Or even skip the wedding to the reception venue. But on this score, the NKST church will not move a muscle.
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by gcof(m): 8:22pm On Apr 01, 2019
Bossjosh:
NKST does not have full meaning?

Who abi what is NKST sef?
honestly I feel like slapping whoever posted that rubbish...what on earth is NKST
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by Gordonz07(m): 8:29pm On Apr 01, 2019
An average NKST pastor is known to be highly hipocritical persons. Even their faithfuls always criticize the pastors of the said church. I am not surprised hearing this at all. Lost souls....
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by payosehtor(m): 8:52pm On Apr 01, 2019
Gabson001:
A devoted catholic can't attend a pentecostal chrch be it wedding or any ceremony.. Just like the jehovahs witnesses.. That pastor did the ryt tin.. There wil learn lesson through that..
Devoted catholic man Gabsonool. the church in question(Nkst) is a reformed church and not a Pentecostal church ok? does it mean the devoted Catholics by your standard can't dress in a way that a conservative church will find fault in it?I in other wards, the devoted Catholics expose their hairs or don't put on revealing dresses, so we assume these rejected at that church doesn't belong to the devoted? as if the Catholics lives in obscurity. lol
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by shacks99(m): 8:53pm On Apr 01, 2019
I'm shocked to my bones to read here on nairaland that it's because the guests were Catholics,no hell no, it's simply because the bridal train refused to cover their heads and the best man also refused to answer the elders about his status as a Christian. At this point they were asked to wait at the reception venue. I personally attended the wedding.
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by Agugbadin: 8:58pm On Apr 01, 2019
oyetunder:
cult.. not a Church

You are absolutely right, it is a cult and not church. It is written that by their fruit we shall know them
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by Aladdin1(m): 9:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
Bossjosh:
NKST does not have full meaning?

Who abi what is NKST sef?
i tire o.NKST na what abeg?.no full meaning? abi heaven go fall if Op talk the full name of the church?
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by anyimontana(m): 9:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
SachaBastien:

Lol.... I just liked you instantly. grin
na the way na..no time to waste time..do it and move on
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by kogi2010: 9:07pm On Apr 01, 2019
we the Muslims are watching the movie, non sense ppl
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by Teejay13(m): 9:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Enh heey

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by payosehtor(m): 9:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
luckypeace1980:
NKST means what? The op did not substantiate his claim very well. U people should stop posting anything you see or hear in this platform
there is nothin fake there.that church is a very conservative With stricter and stringent rules. I called one of the faithfuls to confirm if such can happen as reported and she gave two instances in zaki
Biam. about dress code and bringing a best man outside the church, she told me that in her elder sister who waded this year, it was only little kids among the bridal train were allowed for none members.
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by payosehtor(m): 9:28pm On Apr 01, 2019
markfour:
Stupid things are always happening in Benue state..Benue people are the most stupid and dangerous sets of people...
See what facelessNess of nairaland has cursed.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by MissRaine69(f): 9:33pm On Apr 01, 2019
This is not Christianity, just a power trip by a delusional individual.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by MissRaine69(f): 9:34pm On Apr 01, 2019
payosehtor:
there is nothin fake there.that church is a very conservative With stricter and stringent rules. I called one of the faithfuls to confirm if such can happen as reported and she gave two instances in zaki
Biam. about dress code and bringing a best man outside the church, she told me that in her elder sister who waded this year, it was only little kids among the bridal train were allowed for none members.
It’s not a church it’s a cult.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by payosehtor(m): 9:44pm On Apr 01, 2019
markfour:
your names,picture and Monica speak /attest to the stupidity of this poster.

1 Like

Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by ud4u: 9:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
They fail yo cover their head, do not misunderstand the story. I have been sent out of catholic church in Lagos (SS Molumba in Lawanson. I wore my church t-shirt and went for thanksgiving in that church.
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by brosasamy(m): 10:01pm On Apr 01, 2019
agya1:
Fake News!!!!
It is a known fact that the NKST church the second largest church in Tiv land( after the Roman Catholic Church ) has a strict doctrine regarding weddings. One of of which is not permitting even members (but Non-communicants) from participating as groomsmen and bridesmaids as the case may be. This means that even if you're a member of the church but not a communicant you can't participate as earlier stated ( not to talk of non-members ).
Now this is their law/doctrine and it is well known to even non members of NKST church. It expected that you must abide by this if you must wed there.
Like every organisation/fraternity or even social groups there are laws governing them and it becomes Lawless as a member to want to disregard outrighly those laws.
You might want to argue that as a church there shouldn't dwell on doctrines rather on Grace...but again those in Benue/tivLand know NKST for it's very strict and conservative doctrines.
I know a friend who's bestman was bounced on hi's wedding day cos he was bearded..dude had to look for a replacement. That's how strict there are at NKST.
IMO the groomsmen or bridesmaids should have just gone to wait at the reception cos they can't pretend not to know the rules.
Please this wasn't about prejudice to any denomination.
Same rules apply to their members who aren't communicants!!!
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by queenitee(f): 10:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
Nbote:
Jus imagine... So it simply means dey don't welcome new members b dat or if not how do dey convert or win souls for their church
I wonder o, I don't understand. It's so so annoying. So how do they gain soul for Christ? Where should you feel welcomed if not the church of God? What really are they preaching? Where did Christ say to cast away souls in the bible? Isn't winning of souls Christ commandment? Or are they going to win already saved souls?
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by ezewealth(m): 10:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
dexterbam:
Please what is the meaning of nkst grin
baba i just dey pronounce the think as SK i dont know why
Re: Pastor Sends Catholic Guests Out Of Church During Wedding In Benue by Nbote(m): 10:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
queenitee:

I wonder o, I don't understand. It's so so annoying. So how do they gain soul for Christ? Where should you feel welcomed if not the church of God? What really are they preaching? Where did Christ say to cast away souls in the bible? Isn't winning of souls Christ commandment? Or are they going to win already saved souls?

Dat church no get sense, but U fine sha... Pls win me for Christ na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerian Uses Money-Spraying Gun In Amsterdam Church Dedication Service / 27-Year-Old South African Man Buried With Money, Beer And Phones (Photos) / Men Backing Live Crocodiles In Sokoto During A Festival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.