Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos (39377 Views)

Saraki, Dogara, Lawan Attends Senate Dinner For Incoming Senators - Photos / 11 Nigerian Incoming Senators Facing Corruption Probe / Akpabio Laughing With PDP Senators At Ekweremadu's Home 2 Weeks Before Defection (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 4:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Below are five key things that Saraki asked lawmakers of the 9th National Assembly to do.

1. In its constitutional role, the National Assembly carries out oversight, makes laws and ensures constituency representation. In carrying out constitutional functions, lawmakers must always recognise that the independence of the legislature is non-negotiable. It is an independent and co-equal arm of government. Therefore, it behooves members of the National Assembly to lead the way in asserting the principle of Separation of Powers, thus ensuring accountability in governance. To achieve that, it is expected that members will carry out their duties in a manner that commands that respect from other arms of government as well as the people you represent.

2. In Nigeria, the misapprehension as to the role of the legislature is compounded by its being the youngest arm of government in our developing democracy, in a country that is not long out of military rule. The legislature also often appears to be the weakest arm of government. It is therefore necessary to focus on strengthening this important institution. The legislative arm of government must be strong, because when the legislative arm is strong, democracy will be strong.

3. You must be seen to be working assiduously to address issues affecting Nigerians, chief among which are: poverty, inequality, insecurity, corruption as well as empowerment of citizens.

4. Let me add that, since the interest of the people is paramount, legislators must have the courage to follow their own mind, guided by what is right. The 8th National Assembly made a lot of interventions on everyday human issues affecting Nigerians, be it unfair price hikes, examination malpractices, sexual harassment in our educational institutions or the drug problem ravaging our communities. I encourage you also to take a keen interest in the welfare of Nigerians, and to be a voice for those in need of similar interventions.

5. For my part, I am proud to say that in the 8th Senate is going out on a high. We have passed 274 Bills in 46 months; and cleared 192 Petitions in the same period. There were major milestones in the area of the economy, with the passing of landmark legislation such as the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA), which is undoubtedly the most comprehensive review of business laws in this country in 30 years. Other gamechanger laws include: Bankruptcy and Insolvency (Repeal and Reenactment) Act, and the Credit Reporting Act.

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/Saraki-Speech-At-Orientation-Programme-For-Incoming-Senators.html?m=1

16 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 4:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
Oloye saraki

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by NaijaRoyalty(m): 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
Bukola Saraki, The best senate President ever .

The tamer of Buhari and the slayer of Tinubu .

You've played your part in the nation's building .
History won't forget you sir.

Stay blessed always .

170 Likes 19 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by manmoraskk: 4:16pm On Apr 01, 2019
Nigeria is going to miss you sir, we wish you best.

84 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 4:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
Bye Oloye.

Missing You In The 9th NASS

37 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 4:43pm On Apr 01, 2019
Seun
lalasticala
mynd44
Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 4:54pm On Apr 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Stay blessed always .

Yes ooo

61 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Paramount01(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
The person that will advice we look at his life, what did he have to say abeg, olè,ṣeé his head, fat like corruption

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by thepussyking(m): 5:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Fvck the country! Those niigga ain't here for you.

spit

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Ralaji: 5:14pm On Apr 01, 2019
Reducing poverty or compounding it with your unreasonable salaries and allowances.

Just pray we will one day get it right with these legislators.

These current ones are corporate rogues and pickpockets.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 5:21pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ralaji:
Reducing poverty or compounding it with your unreasonable salaries and allowances.

Just pray we will one day get it right with these legislators.

These current ones are corporate rogues and pickpockets.

grin grin grin
Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Herdsmen: 5:48pm On Apr 01, 2019
Wehdone saraki... You fought the good fight on behalf of Nigeria for Nigerians..

History is on your side... You're a born king..a victorious one.. without a master..

You never allow your slaves dictate or Lord you...no matter their antics.. you prevail.

They will keep ranting and hating..

Soon Nigerians will need your services..soon.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Nobody: 6:24pm On Apr 01, 2019
Ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Gistpeeps: 6:39pm On Apr 01, 2019
Herdsmen:
Wehdone saraki... You fought the good fight on behalf of Nigeria for Nigerians..

History is on your side... You're a born king..a victorious one.. without a master..

You never allow your slaves dictate or Lord you...no matter their antics.. you prevail.

They will keep ranting and hating..

Soon Nigerians will need your services..soon.

Support

12 Likes

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by greensandy: 6:41pm On Apr 01, 2019
Saraki is a fool.
Saraki is a loser.
Just pack your load and leave.

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by iammo(m): 7:00pm On Apr 01, 2019
grin

I hope he told them not to mess with buhari

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by GavelSlam: 7:20pm On Apr 01, 2019
O to ge.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by pcicero(m): 7:45pm On Apr 01, 2019
I had wagered back then with many folks that this guy would complete his tenure.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
We thank God one of the stumbling block to the progress of this great nation is on his way out.
To More years of progress in our nation we go.....

16 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Melancho: 8:02pm On Apr 01, 2019
The story of Bukola Saraki. I hope he will be alright after May 29. Let's put him in our prayers.

I create beautiful websites for N25k. I sell 70 gov, high authority websites and edu backlinks for 5000. Call or WhatsApp me 07085013051 for more details

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by samuel19222(m): 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
Jagaban saraki

2 Likes

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by tesppidd: 8:03pm On Apr 01, 2019
In his future, Saraki will never forget the slogan
"O to ge"

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by ipobarethieves: 8:04pm On Apr 01, 2019
cool O to gee really do Saraki strong thing.Dey humble him

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by nephemmy(m): 8:05pm On Apr 01, 2019
oh dear Mr saraki all I can say to u is that you should shut the fuçk up..fuçking looter.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by AgroSeeds: 8:06pm On Apr 01, 2019
There business. No Nigerian politician should be taken seriously at all.

I import, supply and distribute all kinds of agricultural seeds and equipments. Contact me if you need agro seedlings and chemicals. Any type at all.

Call or WhatsApp me on 09090907136

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Justdare: 8:08pm On Apr 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Stay blessed always .

Who slayed who??
Who tamed who??

14 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by OyiboOyibo(m): 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
Saraki is a living legend politically..... He is the best Senate president since 1999

7 Likes

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by eben1marketer: 8:09pm On Apr 01, 2019
Weldone
Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by quincyshakur(m): 8:11pm On Apr 01, 2019
Anini Advising Derico cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by Slurity(m): 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Stay blessed always .
What are you saying? slayer of who and who? I am sure you are using irony to console the loser. They slayer got slayed and becomes nobody in the next few days

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Saraki Tells Incoming Senators At Orientation Programme - Photos by IkalaiyeLOTO: 8:13pm On Apr 01, 2019
Who could have imagined that ordinary O TO GE would finish this man politically! grin

7 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jonathan Calls Buhari Over Kaduna Bomb Blast / Boko Haram Dumping Pits Discovered By Army During Clearance Operation - Graphic / Ayo Fayose Threatens To Quit PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.