Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,732 members, 7,820,534 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones (12347 Views)

Whatsapp Will No Longer Work On These Devices From February 1, 2020 / Whatsapp To End Support For Some Versions Of Android And Ios Devices / Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Goes Official: 6.3″ WQHD+, Dual Cameras, 6 GB RAM & More (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by Jeromejnr(m): 11:10am On Apr 02, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

You have come again oh
If it was Samsung that did this now you would have called it "Next level Innovation" cheesygrin

Lol... P30 try only in camera.

Samsung still king wink
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by virago(f): 11:11am On Apr 02, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

From the Reviews i've watched on Youtube You'd notice that after taking a photo it takes a lot of time to process, if they had used SD 855 it would have been faster..

SD 845 is not close to being outdated
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by HaryoBamex(m): 11:22am On Apr 02, 2019
Hey bro, how much do you think the huawei P30 is?

NaijaTechGuy:
2019 is the year of multiple cameras and many if not all smartphone brands have released phones with multiple cameras. You’ve probably seen the Nokia 9 Pureview with 5 cameras and the Huawei P30 Pro that comes with 4 cameras (40MP + 20MP +12MP +TOF Camera) and 50x optical zoom.

Huawei P30 Pro

Nokia 9 Pureview

These two devices come with crazy specifications but I won’t go into that right now, maybe in another post. However, have you ever tried covering the main camera of your device with a dual camera? If you haven’t, try doing that right now.

You’ll notice you are actually blocking the whole camera. That leaves the question – What do the secondary cameras do and how do they work.

How Multiple Cameras Work

Now I want you to understand this. Most OEMs have other uses of their secondary camera other than the ones I’m going to mention below. These are just the basic functions of the secondary camera.

The secondary camera improves the overall clarity of the image with the help of a “Monochrome” feature. The secondary camera only records the black and white version of the image. With the help of the Monochrome sensor, the primary camera measures how much light is coming from the point of focus.

Previously (with the exception of the Google Pixel 3), the primary camera in smartphones normally handled the measurement so there was a very high possibility of losing some detail while measuring light intensity since it would still need to work on the color filtering.

So this extra burden is handled by the second camera which takes care of that area. Combining the monochrome image which has detailed information about the light and sharpness with the colored image that was captured by the primary camera will produce a rich and detailed image.

In some phones, the secondary camera acts as the zoom lens. Huawei uses their cameras on the P30 Pro a bit differently but going into the entire details might end up making this post a bit lengthy and a bit boring for people who aren’t hardcore techies so I’d try to keep this balanced. However, if you’d like to see that in another post do let me know in the comments.

So that’s basically how multiple cameras work on smartphones

https://www.naijatechguy.com/2019/04/how-multiple-cameras-work.html
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 12:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
HaryoBamex:
Hey bro, how much do you think the huawei P30 is?

It would officially go on Sale on the 6th of this month...
Planning to buy it??
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by HaryoBamex(m): 1:10pm On Apr 02, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

It would officially go on Sale on the 6th of this month...
Planning to buy it??

I bought an iPhone max, in which I'm not a fan of.
So I was wondering maybe I should sell the iPhone and get d P30
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by seunfly: 1:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Nina ehmm I watched 3 reviews of that phone the day it launched, that phone is currently the best camera smartphone, until pixel 4 is released, the zoom capabilities is crazy, MKBHD called its so zoom the "Super creepy mode"

Let's wait and see what pixel 4 has to offer, I heard Google is determine to match hardware with software this time around and if that is the case, I can't wait to veiw the heavenly being with my phone camera.
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by seunfly: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
Jeromejnr:

Lol... P30 try only in camera.

Samsung still king wink

Well Samsung beats it in processing power, aside from that, it killed Samsung in battery on screen time, camera, ram management etc infact it was S10+ that came a little bit close to it in battery on screen time. The beast was 7ha 44m on screen life in real life test.

However in GPU and raw power Samsung beat it.
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by seunfly: 1:20pm On Apr 02, 2019
seunfly:

Well Samsung beats it in processing power, aside from that, it killed Samsung in battery on screen time, camera, ram management etc infact it was S10+ that came a little bit close to it in battery on screet time. The beast was 7ha 44m on screen life.

However in GPU and raw power Samsung beat it.
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 1:38pm On Apr 02, 2019
HaryoBamex:

I bought an iPhone max, in which I'm not a fan of.
So I was wondering maybe I should sell the iPhone and get d P30
Pleeassse go for it, the price would be about $1000
Currently has the best camera, great battery, it ticks a lot of boxes!!
Don't forget to give us a review here on Nairaland if you buy it.
BTW why didn't you like the iPhone XS max
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by maxjax(m): 4:24pm On Apr 02, 2019
i'm guessing the Plus version might get such advancement tongue

PhenomenalMorgan:

Nokia screwed up with that phone!!
How can you have 5 camera lenses and No ultrawide lens, no telephoto lens, no 3D ToF lens.
To make everything worse you now use an outdated processor to power the phone, I don't understand their problem
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by Ejadike(m): 4:16pm On Apr 05, 2019
PhenomenalMorgan:

Nokia screwed up with that phone!!
How can you have 5 camera lenses and No ultrawide lens, no telephoto lens, no 3D ToF lens.
To make everything worse you now use an outdated processor to power the phone, I don't understand their problem
after you guys will be yabbing TECNO
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by Ejadike(m): 4:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
seunfly:

I don't think any phone camera can match Huawei p30 pro right now, the camera sees night like day, infact it was able to pick blue sky from night sky. It can also zoom in on stars.
are you serious? That's epic!
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by Spacelord360: 11:39am On Apr 06, 2019
Nice, get more on techrector
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by ami9u: 8:58am On Apr 19, 2019
The Google Pixel Camera is gonna be the Camera to defeat Huawei P30 pro.
I've always trusted Pixels with their cameras
Re: How Multiple Cameras Work On Android And Ios Smartphones by koskilala: 9:11am On Apr 22, 2019
talking of cameras the camon 11 pro is still king

(1) (2) (Reply)

Infinix Hot S X521 Discussion Arena / Innjoo E1 10000mah Powerbank Unboxing And Reviews *video / TECNO Mobile To Release 3 New Devices With Oreo 8.1 Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.