Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,085 members, 7,957,052 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 05:59 AM

Nipsey Hussle Murder Suspect Arrested - Live Updates - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nipsey Hussle Murder Suspect Arrested - Live Updates (398 Views)

"I Have Killed Four Girls - Suspect Arrested For Killing A Uniben Graduate / Michael Iorkohol Begged Me To Kill Him, He Was In Secret Society- Murder Suspect / Police Arrested Me Because Of My Dressing, Murder Suspect Confesses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nipsey Hussle Murder Suspect Arrested - Live Updates by amstardi: 11:14pm On Apr 02, 2019
Los Angeles police have arrested the suspected killer of rapper Nipsey Hussle, who was shot and killed outside his store on Sunday. Police said on Twitter that Eric Holder was arrested Tuesday.

What we know:

Eric Holder, 29, of Los Angeles, was taken into police custody Tuesday.
Police described a dispute between Holder and Nipsey Hussle of a "personal nature," and said Holder appeared in front of Nipsey Hussle's clothing store more than once before shooting him.
The LAPD chief said Holder is a member of a gang.
LAPD Commissioner Steve Soboroff read a letter Nipsey Hussle wrote to the LAPD prior to his death. Soboroff said a planned meeting between the department, members of Nipsey Hussle's family and his label Roc Nation will continue as scheduled.
Before his death, the rapper planned to meet with police officials to discuss ways to fight gang violence in the city.
LAPD arrests suspect
Police said they arrested 29-year-old Eric Holder on Tuesday. Police thanked the community on Twitter for the "heightened awareness" and "vigilance."

Earlier Tuesday, police said Holder is believed to be in a gang, and that the altercation and murder of the rapper stemmed from a "personal dispute."

View image on Twitter
View image on Twitter

LAPD HQ

@LAPDHQ
Eric Holder, the suspected killer of Nipsey Hussle, has been arrested and is in police custody. Thank you to both our community for the heightened awareness/vigilance, and our partners at @LASDHQ.

10:26 PM - Apr 2, 2019
2,742 people are talking about this
Twitter Ads info and privacy
LAPD Chief discusses Nipsey Hussle shooting suspect
During the press conference, LAPD Chief Michael R. Moore talked about the suspect in the murder of rapper Nipsey Hussle. He has been identified as 29-year-old Eric Holder, and he is not in custody.

"We continue to seek the public's help and assistance." Moore said. "We want the public to help us to apprehend and identify Mr. Eric Holder."

Moore then addressed Holder directly: "To Mr. Holder, who I am confident is watching this, I ask him to surrender," Moore said.

The LAPD chief said there was a dispute between Holder and Hussle of a "personal nature," and that Holder appeared in front of Hussle's clothing store more than once before shooting him.

"We believe this to be a dispute between Mr. Hustle and Mr. Holder. It appears to be a personal matter between the two of them," he said.

The LAPD chief also confirmed Holder is believed to be a member of a gang.

"We believe Mr. Holder is a member of a street gang," he said, but added that police believe the murder does not appear to be gang related. Moore did not identify the gang by name, saying it was "not appropriate for a law enforcement official to do."

LAPD on gun violence
During the press conference, Los Angeles police officials spoke about ways the are seeking to address gun violence.

The Los Angeles Police Department said they will be establish an office of violence prevention to tackle gun violence and help with support for the families of victims of homicide.

"The issue of gun violence cannot be minimized," a spokesperson for the department said.

During the press conference, LAPD Commissioner Steve Soboroff read a letter Nipsey Hussle wrote to the LAPD prior to his death. Soboroff said a planned meeting between the LAPD and Nipsey Hussle's label Roc Nation and members of Hussle's family will continue as scheduled. The rapper planned to meet with Los Angeles Police Department officials to discuss ways to fight gang violence in the city.

"The meeting will happen," Soboroff said. "I want to help what he wanted to do."
Mynd44
Lalasticlala

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/nipsey-hussle-live-updates-of-ongoing-developments-lapd-press-conference-investigation-suspect-eric/

(1) (Reply)

Benue State University 100L Students Drown While Swimming (Photos) / Update: RUGIPO Student Siezed SARS Van / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.