Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself (891 Views)

Beat The Heat: Top Causes Of Laptop Overheating / Common Causes Of Laptop Overheating And Tips To Prevent It / PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by MrSurd: 8:10am On Apr 03, 2019
My laptop is overheating and getting hot and after some time, it will shutdown by itself, what could be the fault? And the system is also available for sale for just 27k hp compaq 9640 : Ram: 2gb, newly installed windows 8 pro with charger and working battery
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by dulux07(m): 8:18am On Apr 03, 2019
If it shut down itself, then probably the cooling fan isn't working,.

1 Like

Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by MrSurd: 8:23am On Apr 03, 2019
dulux07:
If it shut down itself, then probably the cooling fan isn't working,.

the cooling fan is working but running on a high speed
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by Mcreloaded(m): 8:36am On Apr 03, 2019
There is no solution to the laptop it is as a result of using it on top of foam,rug, cushion,clothes instead of a hard surface so that the heat can expel out.

From experience there is no solution to the laptop it's cooked
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by MrSurd: 8:42am On Apr 03, 2019
Mcreloaded:
There is no solution to the laptop it is as a result of using it on top of foam,rug, cushion,clothes instead of a hard surface so that the heat can expel out.

From experience there is no solution to the laptop it's cooked

what of if i stop using it ontop of those surfaces, will it stop?
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by Mcreloaded(m): 8:52am On Apr 03, 2019
MrSurd:

what of if i stop using it ontop of those surfaces, will it stop?
It's too late
But if per chance or miracle it starts to function properly again then try and always use on hard surface so the heat can find a way out.
There is no solution it's cooked
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by calddon(m): 9:15am On Apr 03, 2019
Get a technician to open and clean the laptop, especially the heat sink. If he is skilled, he could check the thermal paste between CPU chip and heat sink.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by freemanbubble: 9:31am On Apr 03, 2019
calddon:
Get a technician to open and clean the laptop, especially the heat sink. If he is skilled, he could check the thermal paste between CPU chip and heat sink.

Exactly
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by dulux07(m): 9:50am On Apr 03, 2019
MrSurd:

the cooling fan is working but running on a high speed
Probably the cooling fan isn't working the way it should. Except the ventilation pores are blocked with dust or something
Re: My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself by udemzyudex(m): 10:53am On Apr 03, 2019
Take it to a laptop technician for servicing, he should clean the fan, vent, and apply new coolant. This will likely solve your problem.

Fan running at high speed can also be cause by a corrupt ME region bios or bad thermal ic on the motherboard.

(1) (Reply)

OST To PST Converter Tool / HP Stream Book 11 Pro G2 Whosale Quantity / Free Space For Text Link Adverts

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.