Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. (667 Views)

The Supreme Court Senator / Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. / Police Arrest Principal Of Ede Muslim High School Over Senator Adeleke’s Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. by Emmytech01(m): 6:14pm On Apr 03, 2019
Mr Emmanuel Adesola and Enoch Adigun, both teachers who were witnesses in the ongoing trial of Sen. Ademola Adeleke on a seven-count amended charge bordering on examination malpractice on Wednesday told the Federal High Court Abuja that they did not see the senator in the examination hall.

While being led in evidence by the prosecutor Mr Simon Lough ,the teachers told the court that they invigilated examinations at Ojo -Aro Community Grammar School in Osun State in 2017.

Adesola told the court that when he got to school, he asked for the school album but was told it was not ready.

According to him, “I could not identify any student without the school album since it was my first time there so the principal and the register helped me to identify them as I used the list I had to call the students into the hall.

“I didn’t see any of the defendants in the examination hall; Sen. Adeleke was not in the examination hall, he is a public figure so I would have recognized him,” the witness told the court.

The witness who further told the court that he had been supervising National Examination Council (NECO) examination for the past five years also told the court that there were four elderly students in the hall.

While being cross-examined by Mr Alex Iziyon, (SAN), the witness said that he did not make a formal report on the absence of a school album to his superiors even though he ought to have done so.

He also told the court that on the day he invigilated, he did not witness any form of examination malpractice in the hall.

On his part, Adigun told the court that he saw the second defendant, Sikiru Adeleke in the examination hall while he was invigilating.

According to Adigun, I was surprised to see him because he was the most matured student in the hall but when I checked and saw that he had an identity card duly stamped by the school, I had to allow him write the examination.

Adigun said that he didn’t see Adeleke in the examination hall or any of the other defendants besides Sikiru.

The trial judge, Justice Inyang Ekwo adjourned the matter until June 10 and 11 for the continuation of hearing.

Adeleke was first arraigned by the Federal Government in Sept. 2018 on a four-count charge bordering on examination malpractice, along with his brother, Sikiru Adeleke and three others.

The senator pleaded not guilty to the charges and was granted bail on self-recognizance by the court.

The others were Alhaji Aregbesola Mufutau (Principal, Ojo-Aro Community Grammar School, Ojo-Aro Osun), Gbadamosi Ojo (School Registrar) and Dare Olutope (a teacher).

The police accused them of fraudulently registering Adeleke and his brother Sikiru as students of Ojo-Aro Community Grammar School in Ojo-Aro, Osun State, for the National Examination Council’s June/July 2017 Senior School Certificate Examination in Feb. 2017.

They were re-arraigned in Dec. 2018 on a seven-count amended charge bordering on examination malpractice.
See Details: https://www.horilines.com/post/drama-in-court-as-senator-adeleke-school-teachers-testify-against-him
Re: Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2019
Where is Buhari certificate??

1 Like

Re: Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. by Johnnyessence(m): 6:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
Emmytech01:

Mr Emmanuel Adesola and Enoch Adigun, both teachers who were witnesses in the ongoing trial of Sen. Ademola Adeleke on a seven-count amended charge bordering on examination malpractice on Wednesday told the Federal High Court Abuja that they did not see the senator in the examination hall.

While being led in evidence by the prosecutor Mr Simon Lough ,the teachers told the court that they invigilated examinations at Ojo -Aro Community Grammar School in Osun State in 2017.

Adesola told the court that when he got to school, he asked for the school album but was told it was not ready.

According to him, “I could not identify any student without the school album since it was my first time there so the principal and the register helped me to identify them as I used the list I had to call the students into the hall.

“I didn’t see any of the defendants in the examination hall; Sen. Adeleke was not in the examination hall, he is a public figure so I would have recognized him,” the witness told the court.

The witness who further told the court that he had been supervising National Examination Council (NECO) examination for the past five years also told the court that there were four elderly students in the hall.

While being cross-examined by Mr Alex Iziyon, (SAN), the witness said that he did not make a formal report on the absence of a school album to his superiors even though he ought to have done so.

He also told the court that on the day he invigilated, he did not witness any form of examination malpractice in the hall.

On his part, Adigun told the court that he saw the second defendant, Sikiru Adeleke in the examination hall while he was invigilating.

According to Adigun, I was surprised to see him because he was the most matured student in the hall but when I checked and saw that he had an identity card duly stamped by the school, I had to allow him write the examination.

Adigun said that he didn’t see Adeleke in the examination hall or any of the other defendants besides Sikiru.

The trial judge, Justice Inyang Ekwo adjourned the matter until June 10 and 11 for the continuation of hearing.

Adeleke was first arraigned by the Federal Government in Sept. 2018 on a four-count charge bordering on examination malpractice, along with his brother, Sikiru Adeleke and three others.

The senator pleaded not guilty to the charges and was granted bail on self-recognizance by the court.

The others were Alhaji Aregbesola Mufutau (Principal, Ojo-Aro Community Grammar School, Ojo-Aro Osun), Gbadamosi Ojo (School Registrar) and Dare Olutope (a teacher).

The police accused them of fraudulently registering Adeleke and his brother Sikiru as students of Ojo-Aro Community Grammar School in Ojo-Aro, Osun State, for the National Examination Council’s June/July 2017 Senior School Certificate Examination in Feb. 2017.

They were re-arraigned in Dec. 2018 on a seven-count amended charge bordering on examination malpractice.
See Details: https://www.horilines.com/post/drama-in-court-as-senator-adeleke-school-teachers-testify-against-him
Court Updates
Police Case Against Ademola Adeleke Suffers further Setback
Efforts to prosecute Senator Ademola Adeleke on trumped up charges of examination malpractices suffered early setback today as prosecution witnesses told the court that they did not see Senator Ademola Adeleke at the venue of NECO examination at Ojo Aro Community Grammar School.
The police had arraigned Senator Adeleke and four others on charges of examination malpractice,citing alleged commission of the offence at Community Grammar School Oju Aro in Osun state.
Dramatically ,one of the witnesses witnessed against the prosecution when he confessed that it was the police that showed him examination results with Ademola Adeleke written on them but he never saw the Senator or anyone like him in the examination hall to sit for the examination.
The two witnesses also contradicted the prosecution by insisting that Ademola Adeleke was never seen in or around the examination centre nor did he sit for the examination and that it was a surprise that they claim the senator was allocated examination results.
At the opening of the case today in Abuja, the prosecution called two witnesses namely Mr Odesola Emmanuel and Adigun Akintayo Enoch,the supervisor and invigilator respectively at the NECO examination held on June 20 2017 at the community school.
Odesola who testified that he was the supervisor at the venue confirmed that he did not see any of the defendants at the examination venue but that he noticed there are about four elderly students among the students.
He also identified an examination answer sheet with the name Ademola Adeleke written on it.
Under cross examination by counsels to Senator Adeleke; Alex Iziyon,SAN and N.O.Oke,SAN, ,the witness admitted that it is not reliable to identify age of a person by face as face is not an accurate measure of somebody's age.
Asked specifically whether he saw Senator Adeleke at the venue of the examination, the witness noted that the senator was not at the venue as he would easily recognise him being a public figure.
On the non-availability of school album for the examination, which would have clearly identified whether the Ademola Adeleke with the result was the Senator, the witness also admitted that it was NECO that has the responsibility to provide the album and not the school authority.
Asked whether he is surprised that somebody who does not write an examination got a result,the witness expressed shock too, noting that it is unusual for somebody who does not write examination to get results.
On whether any of the so called elderly people was here in the court,the witness said none of them was present at court.He made further startling revealation that he is not familiar with the handwritihgs of the students and that there were many results sheets
He admitted that since the examination was conducted, he was just seen the examination sheets all over again and cannot explained if anything has happened to them or not. Specifically, he said he cannot even recognise the handwriting
The second witness ,Adigun Akintayo Enoch however identified Mr Sikiru Adeleke but that he never saw Senator Ademoka Adeleke at the examination venue.
The witness opened up under cross examination that he stood by the statement he made to the police at Osogbo that he was just shown the examination scores for NECO by the police at Osogho police station.
The witness accepted that when the police showed him the NECO results for senator Adeleke at the police station, he was shocked .How a person who did not write examination get examination results was a surpirse to him,he said.
"it is strange to get results without writing examination.And I was shown the results at the police station",the witness said under cross examination by Alex Iziyon.
On Sikiru Adeleke,the two witnesses confirmed that he indeed has the school identification card and other requirements qualifying him to write the examination.
Cross examined by N.O. Oke SAN,the witness noted that once a student sat for examination ,he is entitled to the results. They also admitted that Sikiru was never caught engaging in examination malpractices during the examination.The witnesses also noted that the entire examination exercise was free of any malpractice.
The prosecution however sought adjournment of further hearing on the case citing other cases at the Supreme Court.
The matter was adjourned for further hearing till October 10th.
Re: Drama In Court! Senator Adeleke's School Teachers Testify Against Him. by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 03, 2019
Davido has put his uncle in Wahala

(1) (Reply)

Imo:joint Commitee Constituted For May 29 Handover / Installation Of Hon. Gboyega Adefarati As Asiwaju Ijo Of Holy Trinity Anglican C / PDP Congratulates Zamfara State Governor-elect, Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.