Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,020 members, 7,956,785 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 06:50 PM

Single Mother Gives Birth On A Tree While Escaping Floods Caused By Cyclone Idai - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Single Mother Gives Birth On A Tree While Escaping Floods Caused By Cyclone Idai (307 Views)

Mother Gives Birth To Three Kids For Son In Kwara (pics) / Mum Of 2 Who Married A Tree Celebrates First Wedding Anniversary In England / Nigerian Lady Gives Birth On Her Wedding Day (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Single Mother Gives Birth On A Tree While Escaping Floods Caused By Cyclone Idai by Nobody: 9:27am On Apr 04, 2019

A woman gave birth on a mango tree while escaping floods in central Mozambique caused by Cyclone Idai.

The single mother, Amélia delivered her daughter, Sara, whilst clinging to the branches with her two-year-old son. The family was rescued two days later by neighbours, following storms that killed more than 700 people.

"I was at home with my two-year-old son when suddenly, without warning, the water began to enter the house. I had no choice but to climb a tree, I was alone with my son" she told the UN children's agency Unicef.

Amélia and her newly extended family are now staying at temporary accommodation in nearby Dombe, and are reportedly in good health.

Cc: lalasticlala

Source: https://www.collinsuchendusblog.com/2019/04/single-mother-gives-birth-on-tree-while.html?m=1

1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Zuma Beauty Saloon And Makeup Training / Publicans And Harlots Now!! / Don’t Be Caught Napping On A Horse.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.