Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,312 members, 7,819,065 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? (744 Views)

Isn't It Glaring That Tinubu Has Won This Election? / Death Of 100 Soldiers :president Buhari, It's Time To Go! / It's Time For Restructuring, Yoruba Nation To Adopt Paradigm Shift - Gani Adams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by OneKinGuy(m): 9:31am On Apr 04, 2019
So this question just stucked my mind this morning. We keep claiming giant of Africa based on the massive population we can't take care of. Look around you, For God sake things ain't getting better and won't get better anytime soon, But people keep giving birth to multiple babies they can't take care of. Is it when our population reaches 1 billion we'll start birth regulations. Countries who have over 1 billion people have enough land mass for themselves and even with that, they have placed some strict regulations for child birth. Nigeria has limited resources for its population but people can see this, they keep claiming that the Goverment is corrupt, that's why there is limited resources. This is very correct to some extent, but even it nigeria becomes corrupt free today, The limited resources we have won't still be enough. A job for 1000 people that 300,00 people applied for and we still think things will be alright. space of less than 500,000 that 1.9 million candidates are fighting for any you think things will be alright.
Go to market places you will see people with 5 children begging for money. Why wil someone be so wicked to do that to children. If you know you can't take care of them, don't have them in the first place. If you have them and you don't want them you can abort them. But radical religious people here will keep saying abortion is evil. They will even go to the extent to say what you did was to 'Murder a child'.

Am a Christian by faith incase you want to know and I still think these methods should be encouraged. Couples should be encouraged to use condoms when they are Hot and don't want a child. it should even be shared free to some people in rural areas who don't know about it. Ladies who don't want a child can abort it freely and safely in governments hospitals.

So this is what I think. This should have started around the 90s but it better late than never. So I will like to hear the thoughts of people on this matter.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Nobody: 9:41am On Apr 04, 2019
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by babasolution: 9:55am On Apr 04, 2019
its not only the northerners,the southerners are very guilty of this
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Aboks(m): 10:03am On Apr 04, 2019
Dat wan na wen u become senate president, northerner will never agree Allah, even aboki wey no get hand work marry 4 wife no be him dey even feed dem em own na to give belle kawai

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by MXrep: 11:01am On Apr 04, 2019
These backward northerners are a heavy burden to this country
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by OneKinGuy(m): 11:34am On Apr 04, 2019
Those of you shouting northerners northerners, Even people in the south do this, So everyone is guilty here. What I need is for people to look into the matter and see if the law should be enforced.

Lalasticlala
mynd44
seun
Abeg move to front page lets get more opinions.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by nwanyionitsha: 11:44am On Apr 04, 2019
OneKinGuy:
Those of you shouting northerners northerners, Even people in the south do this, So everyone is guilty here. What I need is for people to look into the matter and see if the law should be enforced.

Lalasticlala
mynd44
seun
Abeg move to front page lets get more opinions.
I don't agree with you. My own part of the south, and southerners around me are conscious of the number of children they have.
The only time it is different is when it comes to male child issues, that is when you see a woman with 5 daughters and one son and sometimes, some women who have all boys seeking for female babies and you see six sons and one daughter.
Education and enlightenment is the key.

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by nijabazaar: 11:52am On Apr 04, 2019
Overpopulation is a disaster....period

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by OneKinGuy(m): 11:58am On Apr 04, 2019
nwanyionitsha:
I don't agree with you. My own part of the south, and southerners around me are conscious of the number of children they have.
The only time it is different is when it comes to male child issues, that is when you see a woman with 5 daughters and one son and sometimes, some women who have all boys seeking for female babies and you see six sons and one daughter.
Education and enlightenment is the key.
Is it the same south am from or what?
Is it the same south that a woman will use her children to be begging money on the road, Which I see everyday or what?
Go to rural areas/villages you will see girls of 18years with 2 children and they still live in their parents home. Am saying this based on what say and it even happens to one of my extended family member. A girl of 20 years with children and still lives in the general family house. It's not rape or a forced thing. She gave birth to the first one and second one months later. She doesn't have a job, The only thing I see her do is to fetch.
Listen, What I need now is how to solve the problem of overpopulation in this country not to point fingers.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by MXrep: 12:53pm On Apr 04, 2019
OneKinGuy:

Is it the same south am from or what?
Is it the same south that a woman will use her children to be begging money on the road, Which I see everyday or what?
Go to rural areas/villages you will see girls of 18years with 2 children and they still live in their parents home. Am saying this based on what say and it even happens to one of my extended family member. A girl of 20 years with children and still lives in the general family house. It's not rape or a forced thing. She gave birth to the first one and second one months later. She doesn't have a job, The only thing I see her do is to fetch.
Listen, What I need now is how to solve the problem of overpopulation in this country not to point fingers.
I am sure you don't understand the subject matter

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by DerrickzB: 1:12pm On Apr 04, 2019
OP.. Who controlled your own birth??

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Nobody: 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2019
OneKinGuy:
So this question just stucked my mind this morning. We keep claiming giant of Africa based on the massive population we can't take care of. Look around you, For God sake things ain't getting better and won't get better anytime soon, But people keep giving birth to multiple babies they can't take care of. Is it when our population reaches 1 billion we'll start birth regulations. Countries who have over 1 billion people have enough land mass for themselves and even with that, they have placed some strict regulations for child birth. Nigeria has limited resources for its population but people can see this, they keep claiming that the Goverment is corrupt, that's why there is limited resources. This is very correct to some extent, but even it nigeria becomes corrupt free today, The limited resources we have won't still be enough. A job for 1000 people that 300,00 people applied for and we still think things will be alright. space of less than 500,000 that 1.9 million candidates are fighting for any you think things will be alright.
Go to market places you will see people with 5 children begging for money. Why wil someone be so wicked to do that to children. If you know you can't take care of them, don't have them in the first place. If you have them and you don't want them you can abort them. But radical religious people here will keep saying abortion is evil. They will even go to the extent to say what you did was to 'Murder a child'.

Am a Christian by faith incase you want to know and I still think these methods should be encouraged. Couples should be encouraged to use condoms when they are Hot and don't want a child. it should even be shared free to some people in rural areas who don't know about it. Ladies who don't want a child can abort it freely and safely in governments hospitals.

So this is what I think. This should have started around the 90s but it better late than never. So I will like to hear the thoughts of people on this matter.
Better to wait till Nigeria population gets to 1 billion, like India.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by OneKinGuy(m): 10:00am On Apr 05, 2019
sad
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by OneKinGuy(m): 11:14am On Jan 01, 2021
angry
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by mysticwarrior(m): 11:41am On Jan 01, 2021
creating unnecessary population explosion by having many children has been going on for ages, but nature always has a way of regulating it, wars natural disasters, plagues, infant mortality rates and other factors are means through which human over population is been controlled.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Litmus: 11:41am On Jan 01, 2021
Control immigration first.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 01, 2021
OneKinGuy:
angry

Very important consideration but not one that the very religious and culturally dogmatic Nigerians would want to discuss.

Clearly obvious that many Nigerians, all across our nation, are having far too many children than our socio-economic reality can cater for.

1 Like

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Kinematics: 12:03pm On Jan 01, 2021
Besides China i don't think there's any developed country that forced birth control on its people. Birth control is something that comes naturally. The more people get wealthy, educated, exposed and life expectancy increases due to industrialization and advancement in medical care, then people will begin to reduce the number of kids they will want to have.

Its a natural phenomenon. It happened in Europe and places in Asia like Japan and South Korea.

I'll rather put it that its time the government start enforcing child support laws just the way it is in the USA.
This will deter men that are not ready or financially fit to be fathers to keep off making babies like dogs.

2 Likes

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by anibi9674: 12:13pm On Jan 01, 2021
Birth control in a country where they want underage girls to vote, you must be joking.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Heffalump(m): 12:33pm On Jan 01, 2021
Birth control policy is totally against Northern principle of procreation, where you're permitted to have as many wives as possible, with each waifu producing as many children as possible undecided

You can see for yourself that Nigeria's problem is far from over, if ever it will.
Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Carlyscales: 1:24pm On Jan 01, 2021
DerrickzB:
OP.. Who controlled your own birth??

what a senseless question with respect to the subject of discussion here.

Are u affirming that children should be begging and hawking on the streets just because adults have refused to be disciplined n responsible

3 Likes

Re: Isn't It Time For Nigeria To Start Birth Control Policies? by Rugaria: 2:39pm On Jan 01, 2021
I don't think Nigerias population is that much. I think we suck at managing our resources. I'm a proponent of big population.. Just that it becomes a problem if your citizens don't go to school and if you're burdened with a very greedy and selfish elite..
Matter of fact, we have concessioned every lucrative avenue through which the government could make money to different branches of the countrys corrupt elite in the name of privatization and wack commercialization; telecommunication, banking, inland revenue service, oil well/gas field licensing, solid minerals, cross country transportation, cement, iron etc.. These are areas that could provide the government enough cash to uplift the living standards of the people.. The amount of money the Chinese make from the train service in a day during the Chinese new year is bigger than what a Nigerian state makes in a year from internally generated revenue!

As a result, if you impose sanctions on China today, the country can function relatively fine for a long period from internally generated revenue! These kind of benefits are very important in a "dog eat dog" world. We have to look at the positive side of big population. The problem here is that we are not doing anything to skill our young people. Imagine the number of almajiris in northern states! Making nigeria having such dubious records as the country with the highest number of out of school children, highest infant mortality, highest number of females out of school etc. We have enough resources in this country to at least educate the young! We're not doing it at all. That's why our buldgeoning population has become a curse not a blessing. Yes, there is a need to keep an eye on population explosion, but then in relative terms, our problem is not the "huge population" per se, it's the unskilled nature of the population..

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Nnamdi Kanu Reveals What’ll Soon Happen To Those Suppressing His Struggle / Between Atiku And Buhari, Who Can Make The Economy Better ? / Photo: Ondo State Gov.akeredolu, Exchanging Pleasantries With His Inlaw

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.