Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,793 members, 7,817,288 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:34 AM

What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro (803 Views)

Dr Satmak Gideon Found Dead In Neighbour's House In Jos Six Weeks After Wedding / Church Usher Commits Suicide After Accused Of Defiling His Neighbour's Daughter / Dr Abideen Aro Revives A Pilgrim Who Slumped During Hajj In Saudi Arabia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro by bukati1(m): 11:07pm On Apr 04, 2019
Omotola and her husband moved into my estate not long ago. They are a lovely family, just starting out in life. Omotola is heavily pregnant and is always seen strutting about the estate as she goes to the Hospital for her periodic Anti-natal care.

It was while she was making this round that I saw her down the street and offered to drop her at the Hospital on my way to work.

She introduced herself graciously and told me that they relocated from the surburbs so that they can be close to her Hospital in the event of her labour and child delivery.

She told me the ultrasound result confirmed that she was going to give birth to twins, she however confided that the doctors advised that she undertake a Cesarean section because her waist was too tiny.

Away from her health issues, she told me more about her self and her Husband, an investment Banker who works out of State.

I dropped her promptly at the hospital and went on my way to work. I would latter see her frequently around the estate and exchange a few banter. What a very lovely sister she was.

Re: What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro by bukati1(m): 11:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
Late in the night one day, she knocked on my door. Who is it I barked? Its me Omotola- my water just broke. Hurriedly I opened my door and checked if she was okay, I fumbled for my car keys and we made for the Hospital, a nine yard dash.

When we got to the Hospital, the attending Doctor received us and promptly admitted her, I sat at the reception and waited for word. You needed to see me, poor me- stand in father.

Well the doctor soon came out, Omotola hasn’t got enough blood he told me and they would need to transfer her to a teaching Hospital. Promptly we got her fitted in the ambulance and made for the teaching Hospital.

Anybody who has been to teaching hospitals know the litany of challenges one would face. The battery of tests those doctors will request, the wait times and the logistical arrangements.

I couldn’t bear to see Omotola go through labour pains in such a rather unfriendly environment. I felt pity for her. Those of you who are mothers will connect with her pains.

Re: What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro by bukati1(m): 11:09pm On Apr 04, 2019
got enough blood he told me and they would need to transfer her to a teaching Hospital. Promptly we got her fitted in the ambulance and made for the teaching Hospital.

Anybody who has been to teaching hospitals know the litany of challenges one would face. The battery of tests those doctors will request, the wait times and the logistical arrangements.

I couldn’t bear to see Omotola go through labour pains in such a rather unfriendly environment. I felt pity for her. Those of you who are mothers will connect with her pains.

And so began the unplanned journey. I had to practically empty my account so we can make the initial deposit, run the required tests and pay for other ancillaries. And to think of it I wasn’t even family, I was just been neighbourly.

All said and done, Omotola soon came out from the Operating room, the procedure was a success, she gave birth to a boy and a girl. I was happy. I really felt the joys of fatherhood.

It was only latter while we were checking out that the cashier felt pity on me at the hefty bill, a rather devastating bill I had paid and pitied me. She would latter confide in me that had we enrolled for Health Insurance, we would have enjoyed premium service without paying a kobo.

She shared the success stories of other people who benefited from health insurance without paying anything for the treatment of life threatening and rather expensive ailments.

Trust an Igbo boy like me, sharp sharp, I promptly enrolled myself and Omotola and her lovely twins with the HMO the insurance woman suggested. Now we don’t have to pay for health charges anymore.

Omotola’s Husband returned from his trip and heard about my heriocs. He hasn’t stopped thanking me till this day. While he has paid me all my money, I was surprised when he told me he would name the male twin after me. It pays to be good after all.

Its World Health Day, we wish you a good and strong health. Meanwhile, don’t forget to enroll for your health insurance today. Its better if you consider it an investment.

It has been reported that over 100 million Nigerians do not have health insurance. Out of pocket medical bills can wreck an average family. Please take precautions and make adjustments.

1 Like

Re: What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro by dingbang(m): 4:17am On Apr 05, 2019
cool
Re: What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro by bskyb(m): 5:47pm On Apr 05, 2019
It's nice to see a refreshing story of good deeds by a Nigerian who has "nothing" to gain.
You will be repaid in full. God doesn't owe people. Well done
Re: What I Did When My Neighbour’s Wife Went Into Labour And Her Husband Was Not Aro by MUSAPLC: 10:37pm On Apr 05, 2019
How can one enrolled into the health insurance program

(1) (Reply)

. / HURRAY: Coronavirus Cure Is Out / Something Worse Than COVID-19 Is Coming- UN Warns

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.