Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,409 members, 7,815,905 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:44 PM

Sterling Arranges For 550 Pupils From His Old School To Attend Semi Final Match - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Sterling Arranges For 550 Pupils From His Old School To Attend Semi Final Match (408 Views)

Fernando Torres Retires From Football After 6-1 Final Match Loss In Japan(Photos / Pinnick To Commission France Vs Belgium World Cup Semi-final Match / Segun Toriola Wins Commonwealth Games Quarter-final Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Sterling Arranges For 550 Pupils From His Old School To Attend Semi Final Match by ogbiwa: 7:23am On Apr 05, 2019
Manchester City forward Raheem Sterling has arranged for 550 pupils from his old school to attend the FA Cup semi-final between his side and Brighton at Wembley on Saturday.

Students from the Ark Elvin Academy in London also met the England international at City's training complex in Manchester on Thursday.

Sterling, 24, was raised near Wembley after moving from Jamaica aged five.

He studied at Copland Community School, which was renamed in 2014.

"It is great to be able to give these students the chance to watch a game at Wembley," Sterling said. "I grew up right next door to the stadium and would dream of one day playing in a cup final or even representing my country there.

"This is a great opportunity to give back to the community that helped me get to where I am."

Sterling, who has scored 19 goals for City this season, has made charitable donations in the past.

In 2017, he made a "substantial" undisclosed contribution to the fund set up after the Grenfell Tower fire.

Saturday's match will be City's fourth trip to Wembley this season following the Community Shield, the Carabao Cup final and their away game against Tottenham, and the club are reportedly struggling to sell their full allocation of tickets.

Pep Guardiola's side are then scheduled to play their following two fixtures in London.

They travel to Tottenham in the first leg of their Champions League quarter-final on Tuesday (20:00 BST kick-off) before resuming their Premier League duties at Crystal Palace on Sunday, 14 April (14:05)

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47811334

lalasticlala mynd44

Re: Sterling Arranges For 550 Pupils From His Old School To Attend Semi Final Match by harkandey(m): 7:29am On Apr 05, 2019
grin the way this guy dey run, it'll be like his dancing.

(1) (Reply)

Hazard Set To Complete Real Madrid Move / Man City Vs Tottenham... We Die Here / Porto Vs Liverpool 1-4 (agg 1-6) - Highlights & Goals (download Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.