Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,422 members, 7,815,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:08 PM

The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? (2878 Views)

How The Hausa/Yoruba Clash In Shasha Market, Ibadan Started - Eyewitness (Video) / There Is A Growing Resentment Of Fulani Herdsmen Within The Hausa Community. / "Nigeria Is Better Without The Igbos" - Alaba Ajibola, Babcock University Staff (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by wafersoc: 8:24am On Apr 05, 2019
The hausa's call us "Baturen Nigeria" meaning "The white Men of Nigeria" ... is this true?

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by somito121(m): 8:27am On Apr 05, 2019
This early morning and Reno omokri just said the plain truth. I seriously love this.

7 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Kyase(m): 8:29am On Apr 05, 2019
No, they call them ,nyamirri

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Herdsmen: 8:29am On Apr 05, 2019
...please what do hausa's call Yoruba's?

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by tobechi20(m): 8:35am On Apr 05, 2019
Hausa don't trust west and IBO's behave like west

1 Like

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Chipink(f): 9:04am On Apr 05, 2019
Herdsmen:

grin Hausas call them bele rebe meaning untrustworthy, unreliable.
Another name for Yoruba is Afonja or abobaku or conehed D

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Naija9090: 9:05am On Apr 05, 2019
somito121:
[s]This early morning. I seriously hate tribal war.[/s].

What is tribal about this? This is truth not tribalism. Afonja control your insecurities!

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Herdsmen: 9:13am On Apr 05, 2019
Chipink:

grin
I can't mention, I don't want troubles
Ziggylady nwanyionitsha, do u know? grin

Mention jare..
You dey fear Yoruba ni?

Dem dey shout nyamuri na...abegi. grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Damsonkc(m): 9:19am On Apr 05, 2019
As an Igbo man, it is nothing but embarrassing to celebrate being called a white man. I am Igbo and black.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by meobizy(f): 9:35am On Apr 05, 2019
If one browses this forum a lot they'll assume tribalism is the biggest issue in this country.
For those of us with real lives we come across physical tribalism once in four to six years.
Yes, the Internet magnifies otherwise minute issues and makes them seem commonplace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Generalnomercy: 9:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Herdsmen:
Hausa calls Yorubas " BERE REBE" Meaning bat. unfaithful people, unreliable, not trustworthy, etc

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Nobody: 9:37am On Apr 05, 2019
The truth about Igbos is original Igbo people were never dark skin people. Original Igbos were of light and brown complexion when they arrived present day Igboland. They began to intermarry with natives which resulted in light skin Igbos you see today. I'll give you a secret: Igbos, go and ask your grandfathers or grandmothers why some Igbo masquerades are whites? Like Adammas and Adaezes. Have you ever wondered why they are depicted as whites, not blacks? For hundreds of years, Igbos have never thought about changing them to blacks? Same goes for half of Igbo deities, why are these deities depicted as whites? Most of these moldings or carvings were made over 200 yrs ago.

Adamma masquerade
https://www.google.com/search?q=adamma+masquerade&client=opera&hs=wUN&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjwkO23x7jhAhUB3YMKHYjVApQQ_AUIDigB&biw=1240&bih=579

Igbo deities
https://www.nairaland.com/3720995/highlighting-two-igbo-deities-significance

7 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by nwanyionitsha: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2019
Chipink:

grin
Abeg o. I still dey sleep. cool

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Herdsmen: 9:58am On Apr 05, 2019
Generalnomercy:

Hausa calls Yorubas " BERE REBE"
Meaning bat. unfaithful people, unreliable, not trustworthy, etc
grin grin grin

Haba..
My afonjas brethren..please confirm this..how true?
shocked

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Arexit: 10:01am On Apr 05, 2019
which hausas? the ones in niger republic?

1 Like

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Nobody: 10:05am On Apr 05, 2019
All i know is no igbo man will ever rule Nigeria again. If una like be arab jews na your wahala
Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Arexit: 10:06am On Apr 05, 2019
Generalnomercy:

Hausa calls Yorubas " BERE REBE"
Meaning bat. unfaithful people, unreliable, not trustworthy, etc

in hausa a hausa person is ba-haushe
a yoruba is ba-yarabe
a kano person is ba-kane

so not true

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Karemarealty288(m): 10:06am On Apr 05, 2019
Kyase:
No, they call them ,nyamirri

Nyamiri simply means nyemu mmiri..(give me water)

3 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:07am On Apr 05, 2019
this world is supply and demand Vice versa
Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by hakeemhakeem(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2019
this world is supply and demand all tribe depends on one and other
Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Karemarealty288(m): 10:11am On Apr 05, 2019
Ejimagifty:
All i know is no igbo man will ever rule Nigeria again. If una like be arab jews na your wahala

Your life goes thus..

3 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Ziggylady(f): 10:13am On Apr 05, 2019
Chipink:

grin

Me sef still dey sleep,i nefa wake cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Xander85: 10:15am On Apr 05, 2019
I'm getting sick and tired of all this Igbo this Igbo that! Can we have a time out for a few days for crissakes!? sad

3 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by fk001(m): 10:20am On Apr 05, 2019
Hausa calls Igbo - Nyamiri

Yoruba - Ba yarabe
Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by advocate666: 10:26am On Apr 05, 2019
Ejimagifty:

who did ruling nigeria help?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Donelli: 10:34am On Apr 05, 2019
Just as it is rare to discuss world politics without mentioning the US and Israel, a time will come (and is indeed, near) when Biafra will be the major player in Africa in particular, and the world in general.

Whether you hate to love them, or you love to hate them, you can't take away the light of God from their midst.

Umu Chukwu cheesy

PS: Addressing in third person was deliberate.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Donelli: 10:35am On Apr 05, 2019
Ejimagifty:
The only sentence that eases your pain. Seriously, we don't care tongue

4 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Kyase(m): 10:36am On Apr 05, 2019
Karemarealty288:

Nyamiri simply means nyemu mmiri..(give me water)
Yes, we all know....
But it's now their name....
One malo guy just used it now sef grin
Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by fuckboys: 10:41am On Apr 05, 2019
yorubas are called 'bere rebe' by hausa. Ba su da magana diya, meaning they dont stick to their words and not trust worthy. I live and do business in kano

2 Likes

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by NaMeAboki: 10:46am On Apr 05, 2019
somito121:
This early morning. I seriously hate tribal war..

For where. who dash money?
Nyamiri dodon doya
Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Chipink(f): 3:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
Herdsmen:

Mention jare..
You dey fear Yoruba ni?

Dem dey shout nyamuri na...abegi. grin

Fear who. ?
Are thy mad? They are call "bere rebe" meaning unreliable.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Hausa's Call The Igbos "Baturen Nigeria" ... Is This True? by Chipink(f): 4:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

11 Long-serving Legislators Returning To Ninth Assembly / Kenyans Mock Nigerians With Video Of Nigeria's Ambassador To The US / How Come He Is Wearing Mask- Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.