Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,629 members, 7,813,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 06:42 AM

Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport (544 Views)

Governor Nyesom Wike Caught On Tape Arranging Bribes For INEC Officials / Passport Pain: Immigration Officials Feed Fat From FG’s Failure / Jonathan, Diezani Received Bribes For OPL 245, FG Tells London Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by Bimpeusman: 10:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
A Nigerian Man was involved in an argument with officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) in Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State, on Friday over his refusal to pay them bribes to renew his international passport.

In the video, the woman could be heard telling the man, "You're very silly".

“I just left the immigration office in Port Harcourt where I went to renew my international passport (32 pages) and I was asked to pay N28,000 for three-week collection or N35,000 for one-week collection instead of the N17,000 specified on their website,” he told SaharaReporters.

“I refused to pay extra and while arguing with the officer who attended to me, his superior female officer who overhead our conversation ordered me out of the office and insulted me for demanding that the right thing be done. When she noticed I had the incident recorded on my phone, she ordered her men to seize my phone.”

He expressed disappointment in the condict of the passport officials and called on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the NIS management to investigate the matter.

Bribery in exchange for speedy preparation of passport for collection or renewal is a common feature of immigration offices across Nigeria.

Watch The Video

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/Immigration-Officials-Exposed-Demanding-Bribes-For-Passport.html?m=1

1 Share

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by vonlogon: 10:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
That's the system they expect to work, corruption everywhere. Well, I don't think reporting to Efcc will work, but you can try sha.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by nelcliff(m): 10:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
Bimpeusman:
A Nigerian Man was involved in an argument with officials of the Nigeria Immigration Service (NIS) in Port Harcourt, capital of Rivers State, on Friday over his refusal to pay them bribes to renew his international passport.

In the video, the woman could be heard telling the man, "You're very silly".

“I just left the immigration office in Port Harcourt where I went to renew my international passport (32 pages) and I was asked to pay N28,000 for three-week collection or N35,000 for one-week collection instead of the N17,000 specified on their website,” he told SaharaReporters.

“I refused to pay extra and while arguing with the officer who attended to me, his superior female officer who overhead our conversation ordered me out of the office and insulted me for demanding that the right thing be done. When she noticed I had the incident recorded on my phone, she ordered her men to seize my phone.”

He expressed disappointment in the condict of the passport officials and called on the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) and the NIS management to investigate the matter.

Bribery in exchange for speedy preparation of passport for collection or renewal is a common feature of immigration offices across Nigeria.

This is the kind news that suppose to flood FP, I know God will answer us someday since all men and women has turned deaf ear against the betterment of this Country.

2 Likes

Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by otokx(m): 10:59pm On Apr 05, 2019
Interesting
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by Bimpeusman: 11:04pm On Apr 05, 2019
Naaa waaa..

Where this country is going
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by LadySarah: 11:13pm On Apr 05, 2019
My neighbour is going through the same ish at Their Umuahia office,infact the issuer isnt picking his calls anymore only to involve thE police who it seems works hand in hand with them.

What can he do?The agent who he paid #30k to claims his data is already captured so he cant Go to anyother immigration office for a fresh one and thst he will never smell the passport for calling the police.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by Gryffindor09(m): 11:15pm On Apr 05, 2019
the biggest shame in our system are the civil servants. they have no ethic, no honor, no shame. they have made corruption part of their job description. go to any government organisations both home and abroad u will be ashamed of belonging to this system called A ZOO (Nigeria).
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by otokx(m): 7:41am On Apr 06, 2019
Tomorrow people will be shouting APC or PDP when the people are terribly corrupt. Most of those people go to church by the way. Passport people are as bad if not worse than police.
Re: Immigration Officials Exposed Demanding Bribes For Passport by Babacele: 11:37am On Apr 06, 2019
otokx:
Tomorrow people will be shouting APC or PDP when the people are terribly corrupt. Most of those people go to church by the way. Passport people are as bad if not worse than police.
Bros I just tire

(1) (Reply)

NNPC Takes Final Decision On New Gas Field In Assa Ohaji Imo State / Dangote @ 62: Saraki, Keyamo, "Wish Him Happy Birthday With Lovely Message" / Can A Non Indigene Be Governor Or Deputy In Lagos,rivers Or Anambra?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.