Welcome, Guest: Join Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 2,441,709 members, 5,496,328 topics. Date: Saturday, 28 March 2020 at 11:59 AM

Actors Seek Other Means Of Take Home Pay As Nollywood Becomes Less Lucrative - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Actors Seek Other Means Of Take Home Pay As Nollywood Becomes Less Lucrative (425 Views)

Tstv Another Nigeria Home Pay TV Launched. / Tstv: A New Pay As You Consume Tv In Nigerian / House Of Representative Compel Multichoice To Adopt Pay As You Go Package Option (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Actors Seek Other Means Of Take Home Pay As Nollywood Becomes Less Lucrative by meobizy(m): 7:34am On Apr 06, 2019
This is culled from:
https://www.stelladimokokorkus.com/2019/04/actors-seek-other-means-of-take-home.html?m=1
I did not contribute intellectual effort of any sort but considered it a good topic of discussion.
All credit belongs to the website stated.

Nigerian actors have meandered to other means of keeping afloat because Nollywood,their mean source of income is no longer lucrative....
You find them now in Politics,fashion,Restaurants and Amala joint,Real estate,Fish farm et al.....E no easy at all.

An Example of one who has quietly ported from Nollywood include Desmond Elliott,he still supports his colleagues but he is no longer there....

I wonder what happened to Nollywood!!...It is so bad now that No Producer can assemble up to five Veteran actors in a movie because their fees are really high.......
To use Genevieve Nnaji,Rita Dominic,Kate Henshaw,Zack Orji and RMD;you need to be really prepared financially.....

The Producers themselves have ported to cheaper actors in Asaba and elsewhere to interpret movies roles for them and the Alist Veteran actors now source for monies to shoot their own movies and then allegedly hike up the figures they made at the Cinemas to generate sales.

How do you think Nollywood missed it and how do you think that they can get back on track?Or are you also of the view that the emergence of the social media has killed the Nollywood market and it will never be the same?

Lets discuss this!
Re: Actors Seek Other Means Of Take Home Pay As Nollywood Becomes Less Lucrative by Nbote(m): 7:37am On Apr 06, 2019
Dats why almost all d females have resorted to whoring as side hustle while d younger male counterparts try between sugar mummy or Internet fraud to meet up

2 Likes

Re: Actors Seek Other Means Of Take Home Pay As Nollywood Becomes Less Lucrative by meobizy(m): 7:43am On Apr 06, 2019
Nbote:
Dats why almost all d females have resorted to whoring as side hustle while d younger male counterparts try between sugar mummy or Internet fraud to meet up
To me I believe diversifying forms of income is the best course of action in whatever industry one is in.
Regardless if there was money in Nollywood I believe all these would still happen.
Actors chasing politics is not new: in the US, Ukraine, Russia and South Africa it happens regularly.
Re: Actors Seek Other Means Of Take Home Pay As Nollywood Becomes Less Lucrative by meobizy(m): 9:35pm On Mar 25
It’s sad this didn’t make front page. It made for a good discussion on its parent site. I guess it’s what I’ve come to expect from this forum: dead silence on thought provoking topics. I give many thanks to the poster who responded. At least it’s not all brain dead idiots who reside here.

(1) (Reply)

Why Asaba Movies Will Always Sell / Old Video Of Tacha Saying She Can Only Sleep With Married Men Resurfaces Online / Had Tacha Not Been Disqualified Do You Think Mercy Would Have Won The BBN Show

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2020 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.