Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,115 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:27 PM

A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire (43926 Views)

DANFO Driver Set Self Ablaze, Dies After Lagos Task Force Impounds Bus / Drug Addict Who Set Self Ablaze At Omole Estate, Finally Dies (Photo) / Barber Who Set Self Ablaze On Lagos Road Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by lawman88(m): 8:03am On Apr 06, 2019
A lecturer II in the Department of Mathematics, University of Ibadan has reportedly committed suicide.

The don, identified as A.O Subair set himself on fire on Monday afternoon in his senior staff quarters located at Phillipson Road of the University.

He has been buried at Akinyele public cemetery. It was gathered that the late lecturer had recently resigned from the university without a justifiable reason but was yet to pack out of the staff quarters before he took his life.

It was gathered that the late university lecturer had separated from his family and had challenges progressing on his career.

Confirming the incident in a telephone Chat, Chairman Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) Professor Deji Omole described the incident as pathetic and a major loss to the Union.

Omole said the Union was only informed of the burning flat while efforts to save him proved abortive.

Omole urged members of the Union to confide in one another saying isolation could deepen depression which may culminate in suicidal ideation.

The late subair was survived by three children.

https://silverbirdtv.com/education/56933/university-ibadan-lecturer-commits-suicide/

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Bizmagnet: 8:13am On Apr 06, 2019
It is well ooo. Joy and hapiness does not come by the number of certificates you earn or by how much money you have acquired, it only comes from above especially if you have Christ.
RIP to the dead.

218 Likes 22 Shares

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Nobody: 8:15am On Apr 06, 2019
Wow I know this man. When I was admitted into UI in 2006, this man was not yet a Dr. I am urprised he remained a Mr. Up until his death.
He was very brilliant, how come he was never promoted?
Even graduate assistants who joined the department have since become Drs.

This is the reason I never agreed to have my PhD in a Nigerian University. Too much of

“Doyou know who you are talking to ?
Ehhen? what can you do?
Okay I will frustrate you in this department.
I will show you who I am.
You can’t do anything.
Okay we shall see”

193 Likes 12 Shares

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by NaijaRoyalty(m): 8:17am On Apr 06, 2019
Cacawa2:
Wow I know this man. When I was admitted into UI in 2006, this man was not yet a Dr. I am urprised he remained a Mr. Up until his death.

This is the reason I never agreed to have my PhD in a Nigerian University. Too much of

Ehhen? what can you do?
You can’t do anything.
Okay we shall see”

You talk too much .

133 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Nobody: 8:33am On Apr 06, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

You talk too much .
How exactly?

planetzone10:
I am saddened by this news, this is a very sad news indeed. Subair was one of my lectures back in the days at the department of mathematics UI. He was very hard working, very brilliant and very strict. I think he thought algebra if my memory serves me right. He even married one of my course mates! He was her supervisor and the next thing we knew, he was her fiancé!! I remember thinking in 2002 that this guy had a very bright future in his line of work because he was simply very brilliant. In saner clime, he would have become a professor by now. But a musician sang"This is Nigeria, look how we're living now... ".
What a waste of talent!!

tete7000:
This man taught me in 1997. Quite a brilliant and a promising man. The country has a way of frustrating its best. The unfortunate thing is the bad ones have a way around but the good end up frustrating because the country promotes mediocrity and hail the charlatans. Very sad and unfortunate. May his soul rest in peace...Amen

But then it still has to be confirmed that it is suicide and not murder...

mexioni:
UI Politics hit him so hard, one of the most brilliant mathematician Nigeria ever produced, he was denied his Phd, the wife left him and he was terribly depressed. its sad he had to go this way. Adieu A.O Zubair

179 Likes 5 Shares

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Nobody: 8:37am On Apr 06, 2019
Cacawa2:

Ehhen? what can you do?
You can’t do anything.
Okay we shall see”
After all these Epistle not a single RIP from u.

134 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by babyfaceafrica: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2019
RIP
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by babyfaceafrica: 8:43am On Apr 06, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

You talk too much .
it is his mouth

69 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 06, 2019
Bizmagnet:
It is well ooo. Joy and hapiness does not come by the number of certificates you earn or by how much noney you have acquired, it only comes from above especially if you have Christ.
RIP to the dead.
cry cry please advice me am about to do such cry cry Am in pains serious pains the only thing on my mind right now is what can I use to commit suicide..... it's a long story but I will break it down
It all happened when I found this apple of my eyes her name (I dream of unicorn) so after we dated for like 2 months I dumped her and went for oil pussy so after that I dumped that one and went for another chick Cynthiakiss... Right now each and everyone of them are threatening to unleash spiritual attacks on me embarassed and what I do hear from people that are victims of spiritual attack is that it's very bad.... so before they unleash it on me lemme kuku commit suicide...... I can't take it anymore it's really painful cry cry please I need your advice

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by castrol180(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Those that commit suicide are brave and courageous rather than dying in bits it's better to take it once

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Venddetta: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Did anyone actually see him set himself on fire?

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by northvietnam(m): 8:56am On Apr 06, 2019
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Too much calculations and solving of equations... Don enter the man head

Modified...
That girl wearing a red-top In that picture above is as ugly as f**ck, just zoóm and see the magnitude of her Ugliness

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by qanda: 8:56am On Apr 06, 2019
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by biggerboyc(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2019
Ok
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by SmellingAnus(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2019
Rest in Peace...

I been hate maths that year Sha ... But today sometimes I dey first calculator get the answer if e concern money... Lass lass... Money Mathematics na him useful pass the normal maths and further maths grin

6 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 06, 2019
embarassed
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Bizmagnet: 8:57am On Apr 06, 2019
kingemzy5:

cry cry please advice me am about to do such cry cry Am pains serious pains the only thing on my mind right now is what can I use to commit suicide..... it's a long story but I will break it down
It all happened when I found this apple of my eyes her name (I dream of unicorn) so after we dated for like 2 months I dumped her and went for oil pussy so after that I dumped that one and went for another chick Cynthiakiss... Right now each and everyone of them are threatening to unleash spiritual attacks on me embarassed and what I do here from people that are victims of spiritual attack is that it's very bad.... so before they unleash it on me lemme kuku commit suicide...... I can't take it anymore it's really painful cry cry please I need your advice
You have committed suicide already and I think you're typing from the other side.

6 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by JBoss25(m): 8:57am On Apr 06, 2019
kingemzy5:

cry cry please advice me am about to do such cry cry Am in pains serious pains the only thing on my mind right now is what can I use to commit suicide..... it's a long story but I will break it down
It all happened when I found this apple of my eyes her name (I dream of unicorn) so after we dated for like 2 months I dumped her and went for oil pussy so after that I dumped that one and went for another chick Cynthiakiss... Right now each and everyone of them are threatening to unleash spiritual attacks on me embarassed and what I do hear from people that are victims of spiritual attack is that it's very bad.... so before they unleash it on me lemme kuku commit suicide...... I can't take it anymore it's really painful cry cry please I need your advice
grin
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Kurtis02(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
Rip to the dead.
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Badonasty(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
lawman88:

https://silverbirdtv.com/education/56933/university-ibadan-lecturer-commits-suicide/

don't know why he committed suicide but to be sincere this country is now very hard

serious case of depression

9 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Opexzy: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
Mathematics has never been an easy course... RIP to the dead...

5 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by kolafolabi(m): 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
What a loss! It is well

3 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by arabbunkum: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
Marital woes can easily push a man over the cliff.

1 Like

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by olayemioshiyemi: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
Sigh !
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by millionboi2: 8:58am On Apr 06, 2019
Life is deep

So many troubles

6 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Hotfreezer: 8:59am On Apr 06, 2019
kingemzy5:

Kill yourself. At least, if you're useless for anything, bloggers can make money from your death.

7 Likes

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by ictjobber: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2019
Sad

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by IMASTEX: 9:00am On Apr 06, 2019
Calculation gone wrong. Sad one

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A.O Subair Commits Suicide! University Of Ibadan Maths Lecturer Set Self On Fire by Lamasta(m): 9:00am On Apr 06, 2019
Say no to SUICIDE cool

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Transcorp Building In Ikoyi, Lagos On Fire (Photos) / 16-Year-Old Girl Beaten To Death For Having 6 Boyfriends In Zimbabwe / Woman Burns Her Grandchild's Hands For Eating Indomie Against Her Wish. Graphic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.