Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) (11287 Views)

''Why I Dumped PDP For APC'' — Ekwunife / Political Heavyweights Who Dumped Jonathan After Winning 2011 Election For Him / Maryam Babangida Killed Dele Giwa & Left Bongos Ikwue (her Ex-hubby) For Ibb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 13, 2010
i knw
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 6:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
not only is chief Raymond Dokpesi courageous but he's an upright individual with honor and integrity. Zoning was an agreement adhered to by PDP stake holders, why are you trying to betray an agreement? because goodluck is not an honorable man, thats why!! So if he an betray an agreement just for greed and lust for power, then of course he'll loot the treasury.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Beaf: 6:36pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

not only is chief Raymond Dokpesi courageous but he's an upright individual with honor and integrity. Zoning was an agreement adhered to by PDP stake holders, why are you trying to betray an agreement? because goodluck is not an honorable man, thats why!! So if he an betray an agreement just for greed and lust for power, then of course he'll loot the treasury.

You certainly do not know Dokpesi.

Zoning is contrary to the Nigerian constitution, if anyone doubts it, as soon as GEJ declares let them go to court and see if the judge wouldn't laugh them out. The whole zoning argument is a comedy put up by Nigeria's worst comedians, IBB and Atiku; both of whom should be in jail.
It is so ridiculous that an educated person would call Jonathan dishonourable for upholding his constitutional right.

If anyone hates the Nigerian constitution, the best thing is to leave the country or secede or hang.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 6:59pm On Sep 13, 2010
This beaf guy, it is in the PDP's constitution. Zoning is to be adhered to (political office is to be rotated between the zones)
a) Jonathan himself is a product of Zoning
b) His former boss (yar'adua) was too
c) Obj was a product of zoning.

If you belong to a party, then you should adhere to the rules of your party, you should abide by agreements cast in cold print and you must certainly abide by your party's constitution. If Jonathan insists on contesting, then he should contest under another party. That would be the honorable thing for him to do.

You cant use something (zoning) to ascend to power then ignore it simply because you're in power. Its like crossing a bridge to get to the other side of a river then burning the bridge so no one else can cross. What honorable man rescinds on an written agreement half way through it? especially if that agreement has serious political repercussions. He should think about how his greed for power will affect others, how it'll affect the delicate balance of power in the Nigerian polity.

So you sir, have it wrong. Lets keep to agreements in order to have a smooth sail in our national life and dis-entertain mutual suspicion.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Beaf: 7:08pm On Sep 13, 2010
^
Simple scenario for you.

1. Assume you belong to a hypothetical political party whose rules infringed on your rights as a Nigerian.
2. You decide to assert your full rights as a citizen.

. . .So to cut a long story short, some members of the party feel aggrieved that you have decided to uphold your rights as a citizen and take you to court, cause riots and threaten war.
Unfortunately for that lot, you are also the number one citizen! What do you think is gonna happen when they kick up dust in vain and spit on the constitution?. . . Dude, it will be the full might of the law! Jackboots and all.

Forget zoning, it is an illegal contraption.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by sofymoore(m): 7:33pm On Sep 13, 2010
dokpesi doesnt know what he is talking about, i think he is a fool just like the person he is campaigning for and they will ony reach out to fools like them.he should go and sit down and face his bussiness.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Solomon227(m): 7:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
@ godogodo

This is d most ridiculous statement I have read in recent times. A courageous ignoramus. So the definition of courage now is to refuse to pay your workers salary for 10 months. And your new definition of honour is to desperately look for money from the Devil (the giver of money)?

IBB must b an angel in your dictionary with 7.5 Billion pounds in UK alone. Stop thinking tru yor yansh use yor head anytime u want to type rurbish here
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by chyz(m): 7:40pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

This beaf guy, it is in the PDP's constitution. Zoning is to be adhered to (political office is to be rotated between the zones)
a) Jonathan himself is a product of Zoning
b) His former boss (yar'adua) was too
c) Obj was a product of zoning.

If you belong to a party, then you should adhere to the rules of your party, you should abide by agreements cast in cold print and you must certainly abide by your party's constitution. If Jonathan insists on contesting, then he should contest under another party. That would be the honorable thing for him to do.

You cant use something (zoning) to ascend to power then ignore it simply because you're in power. Its like crossing a bridge to get to the other side of a river then burning the bridge so no one else can cross. What honorable man rescinds on an written agreement half way through it? especially if that agreement has serious political repercussions. He should think about how his greed for power will affect others, how it'll affect the delicate balance of power in the Nigerian polity.

So you sir, have it wrong. Lets keep to agreements in order to have a smooth sail in our national life and dis-entertain mutual suspicion.

Oh so now that it comes to presidency it is not "zoning" anymore its "rotation" right? Not SE,SS,SW,NW,NE,NC but North/South  . If IBB has a right to run under PDP so does GJ. If you want to go by the "zoning" system then neither of them are suppose to be running for election because as of now it is "zoned" to the NW.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Ibime(m): 7:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
^^End of debate
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 8:10pm On Sep 13, 2010
chyz:

Oh so now that it comes to presidency it is not "zoning" anymore its "rotation" right? Not SE,SS,SW,NW,NE,NC but North/South . If IBB has a right to run under PDP so does GJ. If you want to go by the "zoning" system then neither of them are suppose to be running for election because as of now it is "zoned" to the NW.

very true
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 8:39pm On Sep 13, 2010
The agreement was that power would rotate between the north and south. This was the agreement. The northern caucus decided to zone it to NW since Atiku being the VP was from NE. The PDP agreement recognizes the north/south power sharing and zoning agreement. Rotation simply means that power will move back and forth between the two regions. Zoning implies the same thing. The idea is to "SHARE POWER" between our Afro Asiatic brothers to the north and our Niger Congo brothers to the south. Its really simple to grasp.
The most apparent differences in religion and culture is between north and south, so both regions should be represented on interval basis at the national level. The idea is to give power to the muslims in the north who are genetically closer to North African berbers, nubians, sudanese, in some cases Ethiopains and Arabs. Then after they do theirs, give power back to the christians in the south who are genetically closer to the people found in coastal west Africa and central-southern Africa (Bantus)

Very simple to grasp. You dont need to be hypocritical about something glaringly obvious!!
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by chyz(m): 8:45pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

The agreement was that power would rotate between the north and south. This was the agreement. The northern caucus decided to zone it to NW since Atiku being the VP was from NE. The PDP agreement recognizes the north/south power sharing and zoning agreement. Rotation simply means that power will move back and forth between the two regions. Zoning implies the same thing. The idea is to "SHARE POWER" between out Afro Asiatic brothers to the north and our Niger Congo brothers to the south. Its really simple to grasp.
The most apparent differences in religion and culture is between north and south, so both regions should be represented on interval basis at the national level. The idea is to give power to the muslims in the north who are genetically closer to North African berbers, nubians, sudanese, in some cases Ethiopains and Arab mix. Then after they do theirs, give power back to the christians in the south who are genetically closer to the people found in coastal west Africa and central-southern Africa (Bantus)

Very simple to grasp. You dont need to be hypocritical about something glaringly obvious!!

Not true.The north just want power period. If what you are saying is the case then why is the SE said to be due for presidency come 2015, why not the SS? Also why was the chair of PDP given to Ogbulafor(SE) then to Nwodo(SE), is it not because of zoning? Why wasnt it passed from Ogbulafor to someone from the SW or SS then?
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Ibime(m): 8:46pm On Sep 13, 2010
All this one na talk. Who asked you about Afro-Asiatic, Sudanese and Bantu?

The North deliberately insisted on zoning, not rotation. ZOning allowed them to specifically pick between Yoruba, Igo and Niger-Delta depending on who is pissed off with the Hausa-Fulani at the time.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Beaf: 8:50pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ibime:

The North deliberately insisted on zoning, not rotation. ZOning allowed them to specifically pick between Yoruba, Igo and Niger-Delta depending on who is pissed off with the Hausa-Fulani at the time.

Preach bro!
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by chyz(m): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ibime:

Gbam!
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by ayodot(m): 9:02pm On Sep 13, 2010
@gadogado or what ever u are i'm so tied of reading your continuous drops of arrant NON-SENSE. Your case can be likened to that of man which someone is trying to wake from is sleep mean while he's already awake. Anybody trying to make u see that in a federal system it is the state that contribute towards the centre(federal government) is just wasting is time.
Why don't you and your people develop your mineral resourses( like all the zinc, uranium, gold, gem stones e.t.c) with the money collected from the federal coffer. But rather your generation will never do that rather, u will prefer your local illegal miners to explore it, as in the case of local miners in zamfara mining for gold but at the end poisoning there family and friends(lead poisoning). At the end of day u yourself will see that 50% isn't too much to ask, because everybody will he same 50% on the mineral resourses(already mentioned).
U said something about northerners being the richest in nigeria. They are this and that highest oil exporters and so on, why would it not be so after so many years of northern rule, u brothers give oil blocs to there family and wives even to unborn children. Are going to tell me that there's no ss indigenous who is rich enough to buy this oil blocs for the same amount is was dispenced.
On the issue of royalty, how many of persons as ever recieved that in nigeria (as in the case of 12% you said is been recieved in usa)
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 9:12pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

The agreement was that power would rotate between the north and south. This was the agreement. The northern caucus decided to zone it to NW since Atiku being the VP was from NE. The PDP agreement recognizes the north/south power sharing and zoning agreement. Rotation simply means that power will move back and forth between the two regions. Zoning implies the same thing. The idea is to "SHARE POWER" between our Afro Asiatic brothers to the north and our Niger Congo brothers to the south. Its really simple to grasp.
The most apparent differences in religion and culture is between north and south, so both regions should be represented on interval basis at the national level. The idea is to give power to the muslims in the north who are genetically closer to North African berbers, nubians, sudanese, in some cases Ethiopains and Arabs. Then after they do theirs, give power back to the christians in the south who are genetically closer to the people found in coastal west Africa and central-southern Africa (Bantus)

By north, I would guess that you don't regard Kogi, Kwarans, Tiv, Idoma, Gwaris, and even Nupes as true northerners, because by the last time I checked they have more common genetic similarities with southerners.
Fulanis unquestionably are berbers in origin, but what how can you say that a Yorubaman living in Kogi or Kwara is more Arab than his brothers in Oyo state and African
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Nobody: 9:32pm On Sep 13, 2010
See how fellow nigerians are talking like people wey dem spray rambo for thier eyes! everybody on the forum is talking only of regional interest instead of national interest!

My people when will we wakeup and see that we are the true losers and not the politicians!

Has it not occur to us dat badluck jonathan (with his useless spending habit: purchase of 3-presidential jets, wasteful Independence expenditures and money laundering wife) nor IBB (wolf in shepherd clothing) can lead us to the promise land.

We should concern our selves with the fact that no credible presidential candidate is yet on the 2011 presidential election list (unless if buhari is contesting)! as for me, if the presidency is up for dubious people like those on the list now, i will beg to excuse my vote!
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by ayodot(m): 9:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
Zoning wouldn't be a bad idea if pdp northern caucus were offering credible candidates. Don't they anything better to offer.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 9:56pm On Sep 13, 2010
Ibime:

Actually, the SE insisted on zoning, they first brought the matter up in the constitutional conference of 1994. The SE insisted and demanded that zoning be put in the Nigerian constitution. Abacha liked the Idea and promised to adopt it, he died, abdulsalami came in and discarded the idea of "constitutionalizing" it. However the party's agreement is between North and South as far as the presidents office is concerned. And everybody knows IBB's father is from Kano and mother from Zamfara. Well northerners know this, he's hausa/fulani not nupe or gwarri. Thats besides the point though. The idea of zoning is if the president is from a certain area, then other important positions in the legislature and beyond should be spread out to ensure equitable distribution of power. You know how they say in the west "the spirit of the constitution" this is exactly what you guys are missing "the spirit of the agreement" meaning the common sense and goodwill of the agreement. Hausas will feel betrayed if Goodluck stays in a northern slot.

So let me ask you this, if IBB withdraws, will you support a candidate from NW and agree Jonathan should not run under the PDP platform?? PLEASE answer this. LOOK at the PDP agreement, all those privy to the agreement will tell you that what was agreed was north-south. They tried to say that OBJ should hand over to SE but they quickly reminded him of the AGREEMENT (north-south)
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by chyz(m): 10:05pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

Actually, the SE insisted on zoning, they first brought the matter up in the constitutional conference of 1994. The SE insisted and demanded that zoning be put in the Nigerian constitution. Abacha liked the Idea and promised to adopt it, he died, abdulsalami came in and discarded the idea of "constitutionalizing" it. However the party's agreement is between North and South as far as the presidents office is concerned. And everybody knows IBB's father is from Kano and mother from Zamfara. Well northerners know this, he's hausa/fulani not nupe or gwarri. Thats besides the point though. The idea of zoning is if the president is from a certain area, then other important positions in the legislature and beyond should be spread out to ensure equitable distribution of power. You know how they say in the west "the spirit of the constitution" this is exactly what you guys are missing "the spirit of the agreement" meaning the common sense and goodwill of the agreement. Hausas will feel betrayed if Goodluck stays in a northern slot.

So let me ask you this, if IBB withdraws, will you support a candidate from NW and agree Jonathan should not run under the PDP platform?? PLEASE answer this. LOOK at the PDP agreement, all those privy to the agreement will tell you that what was agreed was north-south. They tried to say that OBJ should hand over to SE but they quickly reminded him of the AGREEMENT (north-south)

What you typed is full of fluff. If it wasnt for northern greediness we wouldnt be going though this right now.Greed has came back to bite you all in the backside.Dont use SE in any of this discussion. If the candidate from the NW isnt good or i dont know him then why should i vote for him? If thers a good candidate from another political group then whats going to stop me from voting for that guy? Who cares if the hausa feel betrayed? The igbos feel betrayed,the yorubas feel betrayed, the minority groups also so join the group.whats new? The agreement is strictly under PDP arrangement not Nigeria. The agreement is by zone not North/South and it never was rotation.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Beaf: 10:15pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

100% tosh!

What if PDP disintegrates, would that too be binding on the country in your eyes?
To every other person but you, Nigeria is superior to PDP and its weird arrangements for the benefit of Hausa-Fulani ex-generals; so if the Hausa's feel betrayed, tough! The whole of Nigeria that they have milked feels betrayed and has felt so for decades. Tough!
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 10:17pm On Sep 13, 2010
naijaking1:

By north, I would guess that you don't regard Kogi, Kwarans, Tiv, Idoma, Gwaris, and even Nupes as true northerners, because by the last time I checked they have more common genetic similarities with southerners.
Fulanis unquestionably are berbers in origin, but what how can you say that a Yorubaman living in Kogi or Kwara is more Arab than his brothers in Oyo state and African

Geographically, they belong to the north, their long term political objectives are not only compatible with the wider north but in line with the political agenda of the north. Bukola Saraki is a northerner, nobody disputes that but he's a yoruba. In the north, he is considered a northern minority. So are all those groups you mentioned, all are northern minorities. Minorities equally exist in SE and SW.

You always like doing this divide and conquer tactic by extracting minorities in the north and giving the an anti-northern identity and attempting to make them believe that they have everything to lose if they dont rebel against the wider north.

Ok, tell me, does a gwarri man feel more at home with a hausa man or yoruba man Do Igbira or Igala people identify themselves as Igbos or yourbas The south has many more minorities than the north, so if we start our own divide and conquer, we'll cause problems for you. better chill out with that nonsense.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Ibime(m): 10:22pm On Sep 13, 2010
Am not interested in PDP politics of selection. Even GEJ can never win my vote based on his constant dining with corrupt fellows.

My brief here is simply to argue within the limits of the law and follow logical lines of reasoning. If PDP never prevented non-Yorubas from picking up Presidential form in 2003, and never presented Udenwa from picking form in 2007, it is obvious that zoning has never existed.

In 1999, SW was specifically selected. When Niger Delta started agitating, they gave them Vice-Presidency in 2007 and promised Presidency in 2015 (as Dokpesi has attested). Since the North reserve the right to split the South into zones, we also reserve the right to split the North into its rightful zones as agreed under the principle of zoning. This is just my opinion on PDP. Should PDP choose GEJ or a specific candidate from NW, they will still not win my vote.

Should a North-Westerner like Buhari or Ribadu emerge today, he is guaranteed my vote as long as he is not dining with PDP
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by chyz(m): 10:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

Geographically, they belong to the north, their long term political objectives are not only compatible with the wider north but in line with the political agenda of the north. Bukola Saraki is a northerner, nobody disputes that but he's a yoruba. In the north, he is considered a northern minority. So are all those groups you mentioned, all are northern minorities. Minorities equally exist in SE and SW.

You always like doing this divide and conquer tactic by extracting minorities in the north and giving the an anti-northern identity and attempting to make them believe that they have everything to lose if they dont rebel against the wider north.

Ok, tell me, does a gwarri man feel more at home with a hausa man or yoruba man Do Igbira or Igala people identify themselves as Igbos or yourbas The south has many more minorities than the north, so if we start our own divide and conquer, we'll cause problems for you. better chill out with that nonsense.

U northerners really are dumb arent you people. You try to conquer the minority northern groups with your hausa and fulani nonsense and you think that us,the educated ones in the south are going to believe that the north has less minority groups than us? lol. i laugh in kanuri. The north is already being divided with the realization of the minority groups of marginalization and identity.Also by the blatant fulani expansionism going on in jos. you people can divide and conquer nothing.leave that to the europeans. grin
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 10:29pm On Sep 13, 2010
Beaf:

100% tosh!

What if PDP disintegrates, would that too be binding on the country in your eyes?
To every other person but you, Nigeria is superior to PDP and its weird arrangements for the benefit of Hausa-Fulani ex-generals; so if the Hausa's feel betrayed, tough! The whole of Nigeria that they have milked feels betrayed and has felt so for decades. Tough!

Everybody in the world would be corrupt if they had their way. Wasn't it Adam Smith that said self interest is the main motivator of human beings. Isn't it true that humans strive for self preservation more than anything else. Don't expect Nigeria to be Utopia or that there is some sort of higher morality that is expected of common men be it fulani ex generals, bush and cheney connected oil & energy tycoons that prompted a foreign invasion, western trained Afghan government officials, Pakistani military and what have you.

What we lack are institutions that check corruption. We say nuhu ribadu instead of legal system as if the two are euphemisms. who builds these institutions, the govt? you must be joking, its the people, the ordinary Nigerians that must build it. This is so off topic though that I cant say more.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by gadogado(m): 10:35pm On Sep 13, 2010
chyz:

U northerners really are dumb arent you people. You try to conquer the minority northern groups with your hausa and fulani nonsense and you think that us,the educated ones in the south are going to believe that the north has less minority groups than us? lol. i laugh in kanuri. The north is already being divided with the realization of the minority groups of marginalization and identity.Also by the blatant fulani expansionism going on in jos. you people can divide and conquer nothing.leave that to the europeans. grin

Hope you know Kanuri's and hausa-fulani people love each other, they have so much respect for each other. It was the Kanuri that brought Islam to Hausa's. The acceptance is so deep and wide between those groups. Thats what you miss, what groups in the north "love" each other, you cant tell a kanuri man that h should support a yoruba over a hausa. You're a fool.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by chyz(m): 10:41pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

Hope you know Kanuri's and hausa-fulani people love each other, they have so much respect for each other. It was the Kanuri that brought Islam to Hausa's. The acceptance is so deep and wide between those groups. Thats what you miss, what groups in the north "love" each other, you cant tell a kanuri man that h should support a yoruba over a hausa. You're a fool.

Your point is? Isokos and Urhobos love and truly respect each other too so umm, still waiting for you point.That's exactly why we're not voting for none of you if jonathan runs grin. you've just showed how you people think.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by sbeezy8: 10:54pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

HAHAHAHA did Mko Abiola not beat Tofa in the north east and even some of the NW? LOL
THE ONLY THING CORE NORTH HAS IS ISLAM- without it north aint shiot.

when you put two muslim candidates up for election see how the north divides themselves.

Even now the core north hasnt presented a real candidate- Atiku is lookin unlikely, IBB is not hausa or fulani or kanuri and Saraki is what fulani/yoruba and leaning on the yoruba. All the northerners are screaming for IBB or Saraki even more than Atiku who is a hausa-fulani. una no get brain.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by whizkid10(m): 11:05pm On Sep 13, 2010
Nigeria is a disgrace to nations of the World,Hw dare a person in this country rude for IBB to become the next nigerian PRESIDENT .Not after 8 years of university stricks,confusions,bribes,corruptions of the highest order,anulments.Somepeople in this country thing we the youths are fools.let them try it and we become another truoble zones in the world.Not after forthy years of looters.idiots
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by naijaking1: 11:16pm On Sep 13, 2010
Anybody who says "Hausa/Fulani no get brain" simply needs to look into the mirrow to see who no get brain.
Re: Why I Dumped Jonathan For IBB, By Dokpesi (Zoning) by Kilode1: 11:25pm On Sep 13, 2010
gadogado:

Everybody in the world would be corrupt if they had their way. Wasn't it Adam Smith that said self interest is the main motivator of human beings. Isn't it true that humans strive for self preservation more than anything else. Don't expect Nigeria to be Utopia or that there is some sort of higher morality that is expected of common men be it fulani ex generals, bush and cheney connected oil & energy tycoons that prompted a foreign invasion, western trained Afghan government officials, Pakistani military and what have you.

What we lack are institutions that check corruption. We say nuhu ribadu instead of legal system as if the two are euphemisms. who builds these institutions, the govt? you must be joking, its the people, the ordinary Nigerians that must build it. This is so off topic though that I cant say more.

You said "This is so off topic though that I cant say more"

Actually, that is the crux of the matter. The highlighted statement above is the only thing that really needs to be said.

After rotating, zoning and sharing power among Nigeria's 250 ethnic groups a million times over, we still won't solve any of our problems or satisfy any of those groups until we deal with the statement above and pursue Liberty, Freedom and Equity for each individual to the best of our collective abilities.

Without that, the rest is just Fluff.

So my off topic analysis of the main actors

IBB and his apologists(Dokepsi & co): Won't fight for change or do anything radical, it's not in their character nor in their interest, there is no need to waste time on them.

Ribadu: Claimed he recently caught the "democracy and equity" bug but the jury is still out on him undecided too risky, too much of a flip flop, now too cushy with western powers to be trusted.

Jonathan: Fate, Luck, Fate, and nothing else, I'm yet to be convinced he will act on the side of Justice, Liberty, Freedom or Equity. Too weak, too shifty,  too indecisive, too many skeletons(hello patience!) undecided

Buhari, Utomi and the rest: They need to put in more work and convince the people they have the guts to do the right thing.  For now, their tents are too small and their message and audience too limited. undecided

My People in 2011 and Beyond: We are still in trouble, we still have a lot of work to do. We can't continue like this forever. Something has to give.

Me: I'm full of hope smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Customs Men Beat Up Teacher For Punishing Officer's Son. / Clampdown On Corrupt Nigerians Will Be Sustained –DSS Boss / Social Media Escalating War Between Herdsmen & Farmers In Nigeria - Dambazau

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.