Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,405 members, 7,861,146 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:21 AM

September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an (802 Views)

Stephanie Rose: I Would Rather Burn In Hell Than Worship A Monster Called God / No Christian Will Be Left Behind On Rapture Day : Parable Of The 10 Virgins / How Will Hellfire Burn The Damned, Christians? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by Orikinla(m): 12:30pm On Sep 11, 2010
September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an

Rev. Terry Jones got his Andy Warhol’s moment as his preposterous threat to burn copies of the Qur'an on the anniversary of the September 11, 2001 attacks, which he called "International Burn a Koran Day” shook the whole world within minutes and made him and his Dove World Outreach Center of only 50 members famous beyond their little corner of the earth in Gainesville, Florida.

Muslims worldwide were enraged and protests broke out in Afghanistan and other Islamic cities with three people reported dead. President Barack Obama and other world leaders including notable Christian leaders have condemned his senseless plan. He received an invitation to fly to New York to meet with Feisal Abdul Rauf, the imam of Park51, and he has decided to suspend his plan, but he would not cancel it.

No right thinking person would have joined Rev. Terry Jones to burn the Qur’an. But there have been confirmed reports of Muslims destroying the Holy Bible
The reports said copies of the Holy Bible are “confiscated -- and sometimes shredded -- by Saudi customs officials at ports of entry.”
Let the Muslims destroy copies of the Holy Bible, but would they be able to stop the spread of the gospel of Jesus Christ?

Jesus Christ never supported violence and was a peacemaker and commanded his believers to live in peace with all and not to force others to believe in him. He never waged war against anyone like Prophet Muhammad, the founder of Islam. Jesus Christ never beheaded anyone or abducted any woman and he was not a terrorist. The difference between Christianity and Islam is as clear as blood and water. Therefore, true Christians must practice what Jesus Christ preached and follow his holy footsteps.
Jesus Christ would not support any Christian to burn any Holy Book, including the Qur’an.

The best way to mark September 11 is to remember the beloved ones we lost and light a candle for everyone of them. Join in the Day of Remembrance Memorial Service.

"How blessed are those who make peace, because it is they who will be called God's children!
~ Matthew 5:9

Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by philip0906(m): 12:39pm On Sep 11, 2010
There is no need 2 worry man,cos no Christian would.Terry Jones is just a religious zealot hiding under d cover of Christianity.The muslims r free 2 keep burning d Bible,it won't stop d Gospel neither would it affect d Bible 4rm being d BEST SELLING BOOK in human history wink
Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by Nobody: 12:43pm On Sep 11, 2010
Dont be too sure. I have pms kept somewhere kindle fire on it. Later today before 5pm
Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 12:54pm On Sep 11, 2010
Darn!! I bought a brand new Quran yesterday for this treacherous moment angry It seems people have more Bile than Liver these days angry

What is happening to Americans of today angry
Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by Orikinla(m): 1:35pm On Sep 11, 2010
I light a candle for everyone of our beloved ones we lost on that fateful day.

I condemned the plan by Rev. Terry Jones to burn copies of the Qur'an and asked people to join in the Day of Remembrance Memorial Service, but my news blog www.247nigeria.com was hacked this morning by the enemies of peace.

Let us observe the Day of Remembrance in peace.

God bless America.

Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by Virick(m): 6:37pm On Sep 11, 2010
blank
Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by rasputinn(m): 8:35am On Sep 13, 2010
On the one hand,I do not see the sense in burning a people's book of faith,just as many have burnt the bible in time past

On the other hand,Jones is an American and it is well within his constitutional rights as an American to burn any book he so desires,so why not leave him and his followers alone to do as they wish,once they've done that,what other thing could they possibly do,I wonder what satisfaction they'd get.So let them burn as many copies of the quran as they wish,as long as that will not eliminate the copies of the quran in circulation worldwide,I dont think people should be losing sleep over this uneccesarily
Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by otokx(m): 11:43am On Sep 14, 2010
don't be so sure.
Re: September 11: No True Christian Will Join Rev. Terry Jones To Burn The Qur'an by jcross19: 3:16am On Sep 16, 2010
WHY ARE THEY SHOUTING ON BURNING OF KORAN OR NOT BURNING OF KORAN ,if have one i will burn it b,cos it contain fabrications of lies bunch of lunatic supertstitions i taught someone did that to a christian world some other time back , he sank the bible into an ocean but never made any noise until now , what about in saudi arabia where there is no other religion tolerance or iran, iraq even malaysia is an hell for a christian , ISLAM IS A CRIME TO HUMANITY , then if you people, muslims, are shouting and wanted to cause fracas on that then to me it's seem allah is dead and powerless since he , she or it can defend the koran he , she or it sent ahahah shame of allah

(1) (Reply)

Jesus Has Been On Earth Since 1999? / The Origin Of Tithing - Part 1 ( Please Read Patiently And Refer To All Verses ) / Let Nothing Stop You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.