Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,798 members, 7,817,307 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:55 AM

Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax (2484 Views)

Ex-president Jonathan Replies Buhari / Predict Jail Time For Dasuki And Dopkesi And Win 2016 Toyota Camry 2016. / Femi Fani-kayode Replies Raymond Dokpesi Over Goodluck Jonathan Statement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 8:30pm On Sep 11, 2010
Our attention has been drawn to statements by the Director General of the General Ibrahim Babangida campaign organisation, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, to the effect that the Presidency is after his life.

He is also alleged to have said that there is a plot to kidnap his son, as a means of forcing him to abandon the Babangida campaign. Obviously, these are lies, and it beats us hollow what Dokpesi stands to gain by them beyond introducing chilling and quite sinister dimensions to the contest for the presidency in 2011.

Nigerians know those who are the "Masters" in the art of political violence and it is not President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Nigeria had enough of such deadly power games under the jack boots of dictators past, and in embracing democracy and freedom, we have said a resounding NO to them once and for all.

Nigerians are also aware of the inclinations of the political family Dokpesi belongs to in the South South, and their past roles as purveyors of violence and political “militancy”.  Everyone knows that Jonathan has never been associated with such distasteful things.

We also note Dokpesi’s claim that the tax authorities are after him, and ask that he nurses no fears since we assume he has been paying his taxes as at when due. We are after all, a law abiding society, and no one should fear the taxman if their taxes are up to date. Making unsubstantiated claims would not stop the tax authorities from doing their jobs.

This is our position. And we stand resolutely by it.

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, to the President.
11th September, 2010.

http://www.saharareporters.com/press-release/kidnap-threat-against-dokpesi-tissue-lies-let-him-pay-his-taxes-%E2%80%93jonathan-fires-back
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 8:33pm On Sep 11, 2010
and don,t forget to pay your staff, while you, re at it.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 8:42pm On Sep 11, 2010
df2006:

and don,t forget to pay your staff, while you, re at it.

LMAO!
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Solomon227(m): 8:54pm On Sep 11, 2010
I have warned this ignoramous called Dokpesi he has to b sure he has no skeleton in his cupboard b/4 going against GEJ. Unlike IBB who is enjoying 'immunity' based on commonsensical respect from GEJ, Dokpesi go hear wehn.
Please I want to appeal to d militants please leave his family out of diz ooo. U can go after Dokps and his master in the Minna hill. I will borrow from the bank to pay u for IBB head grin
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

I have warned this ignoramous called Dokpesi he has to b sure he has no skeleton in his cupboard b/4 going against GEJ. Unlike IBB who is enjoying 'immunity' based on commonsensical respect from GEJ, Dokpesi go hear wehn.
Please I want to appeal to d militants please leave his family out of diz ooo. U can go after Dokps and his master in the Minna hill. I will borrow from the bank to pay u for IBB head grin
seconded
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by darkman200: 9:10pm On Sep 11, 2010
STACYM:

seconded

i concur!
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 9:16pm On Sep 11, 2010
df2006:

Our attention has been drawn to statements by the Director General of the General Ibrahim Babangida campaign organisation, Chief Raymond Dokpesi, to the effect that the Presidency is after his life.
He is also alleged to have said that there is a plot to kidnap his son, as a means of forcing him to abandon the Babangida campaign. Obviously, these are lies, and it beats us hollow what Dokpesi stands to gain by them beyond introducing chilling and quite sinister dimensions to the contest for the presidency in 2011.

Nigerians know those who are the "Masters" in the art of political violence and it is not President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan. Nigeria had enough of such deadly power games under the jack boots of dictators past, and in embracing democracy and freedom, we have said a resounding NO to them once and for all.

Nigerians are also aware of the inclinations of the political family Dokpesi belongs to in the South South, and their past roles as purveyors of violence and political “militancy”.  Everyone knows that Jonathan has never been associated with such distasteful things.

We also note Dokpesi’s claim that the tax authorities are after him, and ask that he nurses no fears since we assume he has been paying his taxes as at when due. We are after all, a law abiding society, and no one should fear the taxman if their taxes are up to date. Making unsubstantiated claims would not stop the tax authorities from doing their jobs.

This is our position. And we stand resolutely by it.

Ima Niboro
Special Adviser, Media and Publicity, to the President.
11th September, 2010.

source http://www.saharareporters.com/press-release/kidnap-threat-against-dokpesi-tissue-lies-let-him-pay-his-taxes-%E2%80%93jonathan-fires-back

we say a big no to them
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by naijaking1: 10:17pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

No violence in elections, its not right.
Dokpesi has a right to support whosoever he choses--that's called democracy. Any attempt to shut him up is undemocratic.
I support Jonathan, and will probably contribute to his campaign if needed, but this idea of using a governemnt paid presidential spokeman to answer every political rant against a candidate who has not even "officially" declared his interest is wrong.
This is the time for one of the million plus one Jonathan/Sambo for president groups to speak up and defend their principal.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Solomon227(m): 10:48pm On Sep 11, 2010
@ Naijaking
No violence in elections, its not right.
Dokpesi has a right to support whosoever he choses--that's called democracy. Any attempt to shut him up is undemocratic.
I support Jonathan, and will probably contribute to his campaign if needed, but this idea of using a governemnt paid presidential spokeman to answer every political rant against a candidate who has not even "officially" declared his interest is wrong.
This is the time for one of the million plus one Jonathan/Sambo for president groups to speak up and defend their principal.

Im sorry violence against IBB will be celebrated by all and sundry even in the grave (Vatsa, MKO, Dele Giwa). He deserves no pity from any1. I cant wait for GEJ to give him more political punches. Honestly I have to admit GEJ is either weak or must be a very patient man with strong self-control.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 11:02pm On Sep 11, 2010
Shocking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ima Niboro and President Jonathan did not see it fit to use even one line of their statement to condemn any form of violence, intimidation or coersion in the months to come all in the name of politics.

In a bigoted country like Nigeria where people habour all sorts of prejudices, to encourage violence and intimidation in our politics is simply pouring fuel on fire. We are all witness to the threat by Cynthia White on Dokpesi because of his choice of politics in which Dokpesi was declared a persona non-grata in the Niger-Delta.

Every newspaper there is in the country also reported the disruption of the IBB campaign by folks claiming to be students. In an atmosphere like this it is amazing that Ima Niboro has the audacity to suggest that Raymond Dokpesi was making up his claim to his life being under threat.

Yes Dokpesi's outright claim that some in the Jonathan's Presidency are the direct sponsors of these threats was ill-advised. But nothing stops the Jonathan Presidency from condemning all kinds violence in politics.
In fact more than anything Ima Niboro's press statement more than anything confirms the fact that they are aware of the violence being perpetrated in their name and they very much welcome it.

We will all bear witness when this gets out of hand who introduced violence to the Presidential race.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 11:09pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Naijaking
Im sorry violence against IBB will be celebrated by all and sundry even in the grave (Vatsa, MKO, Dele Giwa). He deserves no pity from any1. I cant wait for GEJ to give him more political punches. Honestly I have to admit GEJ is either weak or must be a very patient man with strong self-control.

The problem with this kind of behaviour is you could simply be legitimising the actions of some from other parts of the country who also have other reasons to use violence. Who is to say Boko Haram can not wake up tomorrow and say violence against the Jonathan campaign is also legitimate because they do not approve of his candidacy? Who is it down to, to measure what violence is noble and which is'nt?

Let us be careful because at the rate we are going, we may end up with an ungovernable country after the election. Does Somalia or Rwanda come to mind here? Folks must be careful . . . . . . the best place to reject IBB is with your votes at the poll.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 11:17pm On Sep 11, 2010
It is also amazing that Jonathan Goodluck who as Vice President failed to follow the example set by his boss Yar'adua to declare his assets want to now lecture others on financial transparency.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Solomon227(m): 11:36pm On Sep 11, 2010
The problem with this kind of behaviour is you could simply be legitimising the actions of some from other parts of the country who also have other reasons to use violence. Who is to say Boko Haram can not wake up tomorrow and say violence against the Jonathan campaign is also legitimate because they do not approve of his candidacy? Who is it down to, to measure what violence is noble and which is'nt?

Let us be careful because at the rate we are going, we may end up with an ungovernable country after the election. Does Somalia or Rwanda come to mind here? Folks must be careful . . . . . . the best place to reject IBB is with your votes at the poll.

With my church mind I think Niboro condescended too low to answer Dokpesi. GEJ barkers should have been d one tongue-lashing him. I agree with u GEJ shuld be seen to b against any form of political violence against Dokpesi. The problem is dat Dokpesi's AIT is strategic and pitching his tent with d Demon will naturally attract heat from GEJ. But my fear for Dokpesi is not even GEJ but some ND youths dat wil use d opportunity to 'touch' anything dat is related to him. I have no mercy for d Evil one and no apology.

We shud just 4get a free and fair elction next year not with IBB in d race. Like I hav always said events of recent days have shown d PDP primaries are already being rigged in GEJ favours. But will he allow free and fair general election?
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by naijaking1: 11:51pm On Sep 11, 2010
Solomon227:

@ Naijaking

That's the difference between political thuggery and maturity.
Like mikeansy said, violence in politics is an illwind that favors no one at the end.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 12:14am On Sep 12, 2010
@ Naijaking

jonathan,s greatest strength lies in his perception of being weak. rivals and foes keep underrating him, of cause at their own peril.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by sd6: 12:21am On Sep 12, 2010
The fact that the "nation" bears grudge against Ibb does not mean that violence against any citizen should be justified. Democracy creates a level playing ground for political alignment. For free and fair election to be attainable, all traces of the intimidations and victimizations of incumbency must be eliminated. The persona non grata threat must be condemned by the presidency as Dokpesi is entitled to his freedom of movement, association etc. We should therefore make manifest our reservations against any candidate by exercising our franchise in favour or otherwise of the candidates based on our various convictions.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by asha80(m): 12:40am On Sep 12, 2010
df2006:

jonathan,s greatest strength lies in his perception of being weak. rivals and foes keep underrating him, of cause at their own peril.

Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Solomon227(m): 12:45am On Sep 12, 2010
You may need to read Dokpesi statements very well. He obviously does not have respect for GEJ office and just stop short of accusing GEJ of planning his woes.

After reading d full text of Dokpesi I am now more angry with him than ever and now I think Niboro was too terse in his reply. He was using divisive statements just like his boss to gain sympathy. Instead of campaigning for his boss he is actually attacking GEJ right to vie for presidency by liking a vote for GEJ as a vote for anarchy.These are very strong words from an owner of a strategic TV station like AIT and should be met wit all 'brutality' from GEJ camp.

In politics u dont sit back and continue taking punches from opponents in the name of peace. Peace doesnt solve all problems just d same way violence doesnt destroy all good things.

From now on I care not about any action taken against diz ignoramus by GEJ camp. Why cant he see GEJ has already won d PDP primaries and his strong verbal attacks on GEJ now may just b repaid in d nearest future?
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Ibime(m): 12:49am On Sep 12, 2010
Dokpesi wants to use his media outlet to whitewash IBBs sins. He should be prepared to face the backlash. And BTW, unless Dokpesi can prove that Jonathan is behind JRCNs threat, he has no case.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 12:52am On Sep 12, 2010
Ibime:

Dokpesi wants to use his media outlet to whitewash IBBs sins. He should be prepared to face the backlash. And BTW, unless Dokpesi can prove that Jonathan is behind JRCNs threat, he has no case.

whose duty is it to provide security for all Nigerians
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Solomon227(m): 12:58am On Sep 12, 2010
whose duty is it to provide security for all Nigerians

GEJ can only provide security for Dokpesi but cannot pay his tax for him
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 1:08am On Sep 12, 2010
Solomon227:

GEJ can only provide security for Dokpesi but cannot pay his tax for him

But the President's press statement does not show any atom of concern in the face of intimation against Dokpesi.

It makes you wonder whether Jonathan confuses the fact that he is already a President and thus with some responsibilities and not just a Presidential candidate.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Becomrich0: 1:18am On Sep 12, 2010
What taxes are they talking about, the federal govt refuse to pay the man his money. And the nigeria govt is know for that. They should pay him his money. Who is going to do business and not get paid and would be happy with the govt. Nobody.

And this man is from edo state. Which Jonathan govt have refused to correct the injustice done to them. There is no way Jonathan would win Edo or delta state in a free and fair election. No way.

I disgree with Raymond Dopkesi using IBB as a way of getting back his money.  But I know it is more of a business decision. Why would anyone want to pay a government taxes if that government does not treat him well.

Any government that want taxes from people should treat them well. If you treat me like shit1, I take my money to somewhere else. period.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Ibime(m): 1:19am On Sep 12, 2010
Nigerian Government has long show itself incapable of protecting anybody within its borders. Dokpesi is no exception.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Becomrich0: 1:20am On Sep 12, 2010
Look if i have a contract let say with nigeria government and Nigeria government does not pay me upfront. I would never do it. NEVER.  You would never get paid. All you hear is story.

Noone would do business and not get paid. many company have gone under because the nigeria government never paid them. I must have a prove, i would get paid.

Please note Nigeria government is different from Nigeria.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Becomrich0: 1:34am On Sep 12, 2010
Another issue Jonathan has is. Only a bastard1 from edo state or delta state or yorubaland would support Jonathan Goodluck , who have refused to correct the injustice done to us.

Only a bastard1 Yorubaman or a bastard1 Edo state man or bastard1 delta state would support Jonathan knowing that Jonathan has the power to make change and he refuse. Look at the map and ask how many bastard1 edo,delta or yorubaman would want to vote for jonathan, if a change is not made.

The yorubas have a proverb, and it says Omo ale(bastard1) using his left hand to point to his father house.

If God have given Jonathan the power to make a change, Can anyone tell me a reason WHY JONATHAN have refuse to make change.  If this picture dont make you upset, what then would make you upset.

Jonathan has to know he is standing with the devil and he should not expect people to vote for him.  That why the kings in Yorubaland reject the car gift they gave them. They are telling the PDP , they are not bastard1.

Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Ibime(m): 1:38am On Sep 12, 2010
Dokpesis allegations are cynical and devious. He is just making political capital out of an "independent" threat to his life. JRC have been threatening individuals independently for years. Last year there was a threat against certain South South senators for voting against a bill which was not in SS interest. Even GEJ had his Bayelsa country home firebombed by MEND (a member of JRC) in 2007
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Nobody: 1:43am On Sep 12, 2010
Carry ya bastard1 yoruba edo delta bayelsa rubbish maps comot from here!!!!!!!!!
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Becomrich0: 1:44am On Sep 12, 2010
Which JRC  are you talking about, are ijaw people the only people from the south south. . I notice the Ijaws are pretending they are the only one living in the area. Ijaw are minority in the south south. Go and check the satellite pictures.   And only ijaw people are interested in thier niger delta republic.

I do not think Dokpesi should be supporting IBB. But I know he is just been upset that why he took the decision.  but two wrongs do not make a right. IBB is not the way to go, even if he is upset with Jonathan. pay the man his money. if you dont pay him his money, how do you expect him to pay tax.   

If government do not encourage business and we are talking of government who have not made any contribution or offer the man any form of help to start his business. talking of taxes from where they did not invest.

This is one thing I love the USA for. I have received business offer from USA companies. even relocation with good offer. This is what govt do. Now ask me, would I be interested in paying the USA govt tax, yes I would. But a government that comes after me, and do everything to destroy my lifes ,family and business. what love should they expect from me.  Nobody should talk to me about taxes if I am dokpesi.  You do not treat those who treat you bad good in business. You reap what you sow.  You sow nothing, you reap nothing.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by naijaking1: 2:25am On Sep 12, 2010
Ibime:

Dokpesis allegations are cynical and devious. He is just making political capital out of an "independent" threat to his life. JRC have been threatening individuals independently for years. Last year there was a threat against certain South South senators for voting against a bill which was not in SS interest. Even GEJ had his Bayelsa country home firebombed by MEND (a member of JRC) in 2007

Unwarranted political violence needs to be condemned, despite the shape or form.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by Becomrich0: 2:45am On Sep 12, 2010
Now, I want to ask you. Why have  MEND, JRC and Ijaws ,clark, Asari Dokubo refuse to support Pat Utomi, Donald Duke, Dele Momodu and others, But they only support an Ijaw man  So MEND is not interested in  a nation for the south south people but for Only Ijaw people.?? Would you say I am correct.

What it means is Asari dokubo and others are only interested in Ijaw nation and this others do not matter. am I correct , answer me. So the whole MEND thing is all about Ijaw alone  and only Ijaw alone.  So why is Asari Dokubo,clark and MEND not supporting Dele momodu or Pat Utomi or donald duke?are they not from the south south.? answer me.  It is ijaw or nothing? answer me.
Re: Jonathan Replies Raymond Dopkesi: Go And Pay Your Tax by naijaking1: 2:51am On Sep 12, 2010
^^^
All SS people are equal, but some are more equal than others cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

States Creation: Igbos Are Not Marginalised. / Ibos Want To Leave The North ; If They Do Go Home Not Welcome In Lagos / Nigeria’s Most Wanted Fugitive Drug Czar In America…us Gets Fresh Arrest Warrant

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.