Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 PM

Happy World Health Day April 7th - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Happy World Health Day April 7th (266 Views)

Happy World's Health And Safety At Workplace Day 2021 / World Health Day: Ayade On Track To Achieve Universal Health Coverage. / NADS Celebrates 2019 World Oral Health Day In 6 Nigerian Cities (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy World Health Day April 7th by TLoveFoundation: 2:07pm On Apr 07, 2019
World Heath Day

It's #WorldHealthDay! In some cultures it’s traditional to make a wish on your birthday. Today, on our birthday, @WHO’s wish is for universal health coverage for everyone, everywhere. #HealthForAll

April 7 of each year marks the celebration of World Health Day. From its inception at the First Health Assembly in 1948 and since taking effect in 1950, the celebration has aimed to create awareness of a specific health theme to highlight a priority area of concern for the World Health Organization.

Over the past 50 years this has brought to light important health issues such as mental health, maternal and child care, and climate change. The celebration is marked by activities which extend beyond the day itself and serves as an opportunity to focus worldwide attention on these important aspects of global health

Over the years the WHO has adopted various themes to mark the day.
These themes have been-
2007: International health security
2008: Protecting health from the adverse effects of climate change
2009: Save lives, Make hospitals safe in emergencies
2010: Urbanization and health: make cities healthier
2011: Antimicrobial resistance: no action today, no cure tomorrow
2012: Good health adds life to years
2013: Healthy heart beat, Healthy blood pressure
2014: Vector-borne diseases: small bite, big threat
2015: Food safety
2016: Halt the rise: beat diabetes
2017: Depression: Let's talk
2018: Universal Health Coverage: everyone, everywhere
2019: Universal Health Coverage: everyone, everywhere

Today being another day to celebrate Health, the Universal health coverage is WHO’s number one goal. Key to achieving it is ensuring that everyone can obtain the care they need, when they need it, right in the heart of the community.

I was privileged to go to the UNIBEN Health Centre April 2nd 2019 to take vaccination against tetanus and I was grateful because I didn't have to go far from my community to receive the free vaccination even though I am neither a staff nor student of the University. But it was coincidentally in this University I based my Undergraduate Final Year Project on Medical Negligence.

A lot still has to be done with regards health care, workers and access. But millions of people still have no access at all to health care. Millions more are forced to choose between health care and other daily expenses such as food, clothing and even a home.  

This is why WHO is focusing on universal health coverage for this year’s World Health Day, on 7 April.

I am pleased as a member of TLF to be concerned, involved, act and be vocal on issues relating to health as our theme for the entire month of April in TLF.
*We acknowledge that most of the information shared above are referenced from the WHO website.*

For more information on how you can be part of our activities and advocacy through charity and social development kindly send a message through-
08098598075 WhatsApp
tinalovefoundation@gmail.com Email
@Tlovefoundation Twitter
Or visit us at our temporary Office/Centre

TLF

(1) (Reply)

8 Things You Are Missing When You Don't Eat Vegetables / Balance Body Ph With Nutrishield Herbal Extract. / Home Remedies With Life Plant -bryophyllum Pinnatum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.