Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,403 members, 7,812,185 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:43 AM

FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings (14122 Views)

Video Of Illegal Gold Mining In Kano Emerges / FCT Minister Suspends Mining, Quarrying Activities In Abuja / Photos Of President Buhari On Arrival In Plateau State Over Killings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Naijaalive(m): 3:01pm On Apr 07, 2019
The Federal Government on Sunday suspended mining in Zamfara state following series of attacks by bandits.

It also ordered foreign miners to immediately leave mining sites in Zamfara States and its environs.

The Acting Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Adamu briefed State House correspondents at the Presidential Villa Abuja.

He said that any foreign miner that continues mining activities would have his license revoked.

According to him, there was a nexus between activities of the bandits and illicit miners.

He also disclosed that a combined team of security forces will be dispatched to the area.

At the briefing was the Chief of Staff to the President, Abba Kyari; Director General, Department of State Services (DSS); Yusuf Bichi and Director General National Intelligence Agency (NIA), Ahmed Abubakar.

https://all-gists..com/2019/04/ZamfaraKillings-Federal-Government-Suspends-Mining-In-Zamfara.html?m=1

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Naijaalive(m): 3:06pm On Apr 07, 2019
Photos

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Naijaalive(m): 3:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Hofbrauhaus(m): 4:12pm On Apr 07, 2019
Next level never start o. This is just genesis. By the time we get to Malachi, zombie and all they own would have been wiped outta the face of the earth.

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Blue3k(m): 4:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
According to him, there was a nexus between activities of the bandits and illicit miners.

He also disclosed that a combined team of security forces will be dispatched to the area.

Yeah the bandits rob illegal miners and fund themselves. Im sure they have protection racket going by now. The Zamfara situation requires permanent security in the region. The bandits just flee to other states during short opperations.

PS: the picture below are from NOI opinion poll.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Naijaalive(m): 4:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hofbrauhaus:
Next level never start o. This is just genesis. By the time we get to Malachi, zombie and all they own would have been wiped outta the face of the earth.

grin grin grin
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by SarkinYarki: 4:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
IPOB carries out peaceful protest Buhari orders Operation Python Anaconda , Fulani herdsmen kill over 2000 in Zamfara and kidnap 100s Buhari orders suspension of Mining licenses.. My people this is is How Buhari does everythingbpossible to shield the herdsmen

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by SarkinYarki: 4:47pm On Apr 07, 2019
Blue3k:

Yeah the bandits rob illegal miners and fund themselves. Im sure they have protection racket going by now. The Zamfara situation requires permanent security in the region. The bandits just flee to other states during short opperations.

Stop calling them bandits please call the Fulani militia

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Naijaalive(m): 4:58pm On Apr 07, 2019
SarkinYarki:

Support

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by saaron(m): 5:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
The ongoing genocide in Zamfara has absolutely NOTHING to do with mining activities. This move by buhari's APC Satanic govt is just a desperate attempt to change the narative about the true nature and culprits of Zamfara killings as it gain International attention, like the case of middle belt after their botched attempt to hide the genocide on Agriculture I.E Farmers herders clash.
What is happening is nothing but a fulani led massacre of harmless people just like what is happening in Middle Belt.

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Blue3k(m): 5:19pm On Apr 07, 2019
SarkinYarki:

I doubt they're mainly fulani. Im sure hausas and whatever ethnic groups live there. I do think bandit is better term though. If you're right the term fits.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by greatiyk4u(m): 5:20pm On Apr 07, 2019
That's a right decision

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by larry90500(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
So they actually mine in Zamfara state. That's a good one I just wonder the year Nigeria will actually get it right, with all the resources we're blessed with, we still dey suffer undecided

Nawa o.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Nobody: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ok
If you need this in large quantities, check my signature

1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by morikee: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Right move

2 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Millz404(m): 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Una don carry the blame put untop miners head.

This time around zombies will be the ones doing the wailing. We the Wailers Association of Nigeria have retired and are just watching with chewing stick in our mouths

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by hisexcellency34: 5:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
Who mining epp? Abegi, declare emergency rule and remove useless Yari
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by BabaCommander: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
This would be good news if the info is true.
Still govt must learn how to protect legitimate business from this kind of knee jerk reaction.

Destruptions caused by political interference are usually a cause of concern to investors.
angry

1 Like

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by seunfly: 5:22pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ok
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Denikayan: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
[s]
SarkinYarki:
IPOB carries out peaceful protest Buhari orders Operation Python Anaconda , Fulani herdsmen kill over 2000 in Zamfara and kidnap 100s Buhari orders suspension of Mining licenses.. My people this is is How Buhari does everythingbpossible to shield the herdsmen
[/s]
[s]
SarkinYarki:
[/s]
[s]
SarkinYarki:
[/s]

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by freemanbubble: 5:23pm On Apr 07, 2019
Okay
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Okeyjesus(m): 5:24pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hehehe
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Heyzee5: 5:25pm On Apr 07, 2019
Okay.
Check my signature to make legit income online
Thank me later.
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by yungdynho(m): 5:26pm On Apr 07, 2019
No, continue mining... The next level effect in Zamfara will soon locate you a** holes...

OPONU FG
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by unitysheart(m): 5:27pm On Apr 07, 2019
Hmmmm hummmm
Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by seborrhic: 5:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
They better suspend themselves. Killing has nothing to do with mining but incompetence from the top.

3 Likes

Re: FG Suspends Mining In Zamfara State Over Killings by Mrchippychappy(m): 5:32pm On Apr 07, 2019
Bandit AKA Fulani herdsmen AKA terrorists

(1) (2) (Reply)

EFCC Denies Obiano Bail, May Get Court Order To Hold Him / We'll Deduct ₦242.53 Billion Fuel Subsidy From FAAC This Month - NNPC / Thousands Of Nigerian Muslims Hold Pro-Morsi Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.