Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,892 members, 7,828,151 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:23 AM

How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? (879 Views)

Oba Elegushi And Patoranking In New Lovely Pictures / Tamar Braxton And David Adefeso Visit Oba Elegushi [Photos] / Oba Elegushi At Davido's 26th Birthday Dinner, Davido's 2nd Daughter Spotted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? by Ndubuisipaul1: 4:21pm On Apr 07, 2019
How does Oba Elegushi make his money

When you see Oba elegushi flying private jet , and living a flamboyant lifestyle . What comes to mind ... ?
He probably owns a mega business that flows in cash for him.
You are not wrong ...

Oba elegushi has a large company of jobless agberos who are on his payroll. All they do is to extort the poor masses looking for their daily bread in the market . I have witnessed this firsthand. In 2017 when I wanted to set up a small business to support myself.
Fellow traders welcomed me with open hands and even gave me a space to set my table.

After like 30 minutes. This man just surfaced from no where and kicked my table and asked me who gave me permission to stay here ? I said nobody . he said he is in charge of the market , that I will pay 15,000 to keep my table here. I said I don't have, as I was just starting the business.

He ordered me to leave immediately. I had to leave..

Am not against asking people to pay for space, but telling people to pay as much as 15,000 naira per month for a table space Is wickedness of the highest other. after paying 10k per month , you will pay 200 naira evey day. and every Friday you will pay 500 naira. pls do the maths and tell me if this is not broad day robbery . If you see how rich the relatives of the Oba are, you will cry for Nigeria. His relatives have small titles like Oluwo etc .

They live super flamboyant lifestyle. They buy new cars in six months. They can come to your shop carry bag of rice and won't pay . if you talk too much they will ask you to carry your goods and leave the market ..

Pls we have to raise our voice now. Let the incoming government of Lagos do something about it.

miscreants cannot be living large from the poor masses and the government will keep quite.

An Oba is suppose to protect his territory and not to make them poorer for his selfish gain.
Feel free to share your personal experience here.

And lalasticlala put it on front page. we need solution quickly.

1 Like

Re: How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? by OMNIVIRUS(m): 4:27pm On Apr 07, 2019
First and foremost, I can only sympathize with you on that issue. The issue you just mentioned is not only in elegushi but across the markets in Lagos and possibly southwest. That's the feudalism that exist there and the government will no do anything about it because they pay patronage to the same traditional leaders during election for political endorsement and support.

That madness has got to stop
Re: How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? by arabiana(m): 4:31pm On Apr 07, 2019
Typing
Re: How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? by Ndubuisipaul1: 4:46pm On Apr 07, 2019
Oh my God I thought it is only peculiar to Lagos island. This nonsense must stop
Re: How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? by Kampack: 9:11pm On Apr 07, 2019
At first, I thought I saw eba n egusi soup grin
Re: How Does Oba Elegushi Make His Money ? by titosantana(m): 3:23am On Apr 08, 2019
Kampack:
At first, I thought I saw eba n egusi soup grin
grin
Set table make u dey chop na

(1) (Reply)

Aunty Bobrisky Now In Nollywood As Actress(video) / Cardi B’s New Fashion Line Makes Over $1 Million On First Day Of Sale / Actress Chioma Ijeoma Omeruah (chigul) Is Today Celebrating Her 43rd Birthday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.