Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,264 members, 7,829,532 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:35 AM

Any Account For Zamfara Gold? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Any Account For Zamfara Gold? (1284 Views)

Matawalle Buys Cadillac, Expensive Cars For Zamfara Monarchs (photos) / Zamfara Gold Mining: South-South Governors To Meet On Monday / Okowa: It Is Unlawful For Zamfara To Control Gold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by mekaboy(m): 6:17pm On Apr 07, 2019
It has become clear that the reason for the increased killing in zamfara is as a result of illegal gold mining in the state.

Now, we all have idea of how much oil was sold to the international market, but I'm not sure there is a detailed account of the gold mined and sold from zamfara state.

1 Like

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Officialgarri: 6:29pm On Apr 07, 2019
Have you gone to the ministry of solid minerals ? mines and steel ? Have you asked the state mines officer ?
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by mekaboy(m): 6:34pm On Apr 07, 2019
Officialgarri:
Have you gone to the ministry of solid minerals ? mines and steel ? Have you asked the state mines officer ?

Did I go to Niger delta to know how many barrels are sold produced and sold?

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Blue3k(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
mekaboy:

What he's saying is go look up the stats. NBS publishes mining stats every year. They only publish legal mining stats.

2 Likes

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by johnmartus(m): 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
I think it was some personality in the north that taking the advantage of gold mining in zamfara.
mekaboy:

1 Like

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Blue3k(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
johnmartus:
I think it was some personality in the north that taking the advantage of gold mining in zamfara.

Yeah they're called illegal miners. You can also find foreigners typically Chinese involved. The reason is the state and federal government hasn't been tackling the situation adequately. This situation is all over the country.

1 Like

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by johnmartus(m): 6:59pm On Apr 07, 2019
Yes the situation is all over the states I like that point.
Blue3k:

Yeah they're called illegal miners. You can also find foreigners typically Chinese involved. The reason is the state and federal government hasn't tackling situation adequately. This situation is all over the country.
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by seunmsg(m): 7:05pm On Apr 07, 2019
mekaboy:

Google is still publicly available for those that have access to the internet - use it.
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Blue3k(m): 7:18pm On Apr 07, 2019
mekaboy:
It has become clear that the reason for the increased killing in zamfara is as a result of illegal gold mining in the state.

The illegal miners and Banditry connection was known for awhile IRIN did an investigative report detailing the history and causes of violence. It was even a front page story on website. What your seeing is governments late reaction.

In the bad Spaghetti Western that is now Zamfara, cattle rustling is not the only profitable enterprise. Abakar, the former farmer, is now an artisanal gold miner. It’s a job that carries significant risk as gold deposits here are usually found next to highly toxic lead.

The more immediate danger is not lead poisoning but being shaken down by bandits. “They take whatever they want,” said Abakar.

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by persius555(m): 7:27pm On Apr 07, 2019
I onced worked in the precious mineral mining industry. Right from the illegal artisanal miner to the mining officials in the ministries, one thing is common and rife, greed and secrecy thrives.
I'm not surprised the killing is difficult to stop.
So long as FG can't put in place a policy to encourage foreign mining investors come in, the sector will remain in the hands of criminal smugglers and gangsters.
Note also, there are large number of neighboring west Africans heavily involved in illegal gold mining. The immigration officers are not doing a proper job

1 Like

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by mekaboy(m): 7:30pm On Apr 07, 2019
seunmsg:

Google is still publicly available for those that have access to the internet - use it.

What percentage of our budget is funded from gold export?

4 Likes

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by seunmsg(m): 7:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
mekaboy:

What percentage of our budget is funded from gold export?

Ask google. I’m sure all the information you need is available online.
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Herdsmen: 7:12am On Apr 08, 2019
The way this humans rush to defend any action of their Masters baffles me..

So irritating ..

Haba.

4 Likes

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by olawalepopoola: 9:22am On Apr 08, 2019
It is Artisanal that is it being mined in a crude way by non-expert. Only few of these miners are registered with the Federal Ministry of Solid Minerals and Mines. However the gold is not native in nature but hosted by the Quartz Schist and Quartz Intrusions in the area. I am sure of this cos I had visited Anka/Maru in the cause of my Doctoral program

1 Like

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Nobody: 9:51am On Apr 08, 2019
SO less than a tonnage of Gold is causing the killing spree. How about if oil is discovered there as NNPC have been doing ultimate search V?

1 Like

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by madmohamed(m): 9:56am On Apr 08, 2019
mekaboy:

don't mind that Kon head .

2 Likes

Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Gandollaar(f): 1:52pm On Apr 08, 2019
No wonder buhari and his goons have allowed the killings to continue. The cabal behind the legal and illegal mining must be those who sponsored his elections.
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by grandstar(m): 2:21pm On Apr 08, 2019
Blue3k:

The illegal miners and Banditry connection was known for awhile IRIN did an investigative report detailing the history and causes of violence. It was even a front page story on website. What your seeing is governments late reaction.

Can someone buy lead and separate the gold? Will it be costly separating? Can one find appreciable levels of gold i.e.2 ounces per ton of lead?
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by Blue3k(m): 3:04pm On Apr 08, 2019
grandstar:

Can someone buy lead and separate the gold? Will it be costly separating? Can one find appreciable levels of gold i.e.2 ounces per ton of lead?

Yes the seperste the metals. I dont think its costly separating the minerals. Gold is found in ores with other metals. I dont know the ratio Im not a Geologist. There's a few on this website though.
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by SarkinYarki: 3:09pm On Apr 08, 2019
you are playing right into Buharis lies , yes there is a lot of illegal gold mining going on in Zamfara but it really has nothing to do with killings , most of the illegal mines are protected by Nigerian security forces and are having their way ..Id it gold mining that is causing the killings in Southern Kaduna too?
Re: Any Account For Zamfara Gold? by mbos: 3:54pm On Apr 08, 2019
so there are several foreigners and their firm mining the Gold and yet Zamfara is the poorest . zero accountability and probably run by a cartel..

ONE NIGERIA IBDEED

Ntooooooooooor Oil communities

(1) (Reply)

General David Ejoor’s Final Salute / Goodluck Jonathan Is A Father / Nnamdi Kanu, Faces Arrest In Europe, Ahead Of Addressing The European Parliament

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.