Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,782 members, 7,810,039 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:09 PM

Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos (21229 Views)

Photos/video: Passengers Flee As Fire Outbreak At Sam Mbakwe Airport, Owerri / Sam Mbakwe Airport Owerri On Fire / The Bad State Of Tincan-Apapa Wharf Road (More Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by AutoReportNG: 6:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
There is chaos as the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport in Owerri, Imo state, is currently on fire.

The cause of the fire outbreak is yet to be ascertained as at the time of filing this report as men of the state fire service and other emergency officials are currently at the scene trying to put out the fire.

The facility is the first state-government built an airport but it was later taken over by the Federal Government and handed over to FAAN to manage.

However, FAAN has reacted to the fire outbreak, according to the press release obtained by AutoReportNG. The release was signed by Mrs. Herinetta Yakubu, read below...

The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria wishes to inform passengers and the general public that there was a fire incident that affected some parts of the terminal building of Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri at about 1400hours today.

The fire was however curtailed swiftly by officers of the Aerodrome Rescue and Fire Fighting Services Department of FAAN.

There was no casualty and normal operations have since commenced at the airport.

The Authority has commenced preliminary investigations into the cause of the incident.

FAAN...... Committed to our core values of Safety, Security and Comfort.

However, we can't ascertain the level of damages being done by the fire at this moment, we promise to keep you updated as the event unfolds. These are some of the images from the fire.

Source:
https://www.autoreportng.com/2019/04/sam-mbakwe-international-airport-owerri.html

1 Like

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by AutoReportNG: 6:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by NaijaRoyalty(m): 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
Some files don burn

2 Likes

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Nobody: 6:36pm On Apr 08, 2019
APCriminals are pained grin
They can always go join the cow milkers in Daura.

Cc Lzaa adaibeku nwanyionitsha

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by MetaPhysical: 6:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
Does the airport not have a fire department?
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Shelloween(m): 6:40pm On Apr 08, 2019
Omg!!! Omg!!! Omg!!! This looks like my uncle who died 6 years ago. I can't believe this. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Shelloween(m): 6:41pm On Apr 08, 2019
MetaPhysical:
Does the airport not have a fire department?
maybe the fire started from the fire department.

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Onyekachi419(f): 7:30pm On Apr 08, 2019
My people my people. This has gotten beyond mekwantance shocked
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by YourNextLevel(m): 7:31pm On Apr 08, 2019
The Next Level Is Just Loading. Naija which way ?

New budget
Files burnt
Jobs lost

Admin block this guy below me : Rule #16
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by seunfly: 7:32pm On Apr 08, 2019
Ok
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by nephemmy(m): 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
NAIJA AND BAD NEWS be like IRU AND EFO
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Lexusgs430: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Shelloween:
Omg!!! Omg!!! Omg!!! This looks like my uncle who died 6 years ago. I can't believe this. shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Now you know where to find him......... cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by SouthSouth1914: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
Is this guy a ghost? shocked

6 Likes

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Teewhy2: 7:33pm On Apr 08, 2019
cool[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Joystark(f): 7:34pm On Apr 08, 2019
Shelloween:

That's friggin scary man.

2 Likes

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Ichel: 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by jamezman(m): 7:37pm On Apr 08, 2019
Lexusgs430:

Now you know where to find him......... cheesy

Check the picture very well you'll discover something strange about the man his legs are invisible .
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by zeromeridian: 7:39pm On Apr 08, 2019
Imolites should watch out. More government properties will be on fire. Rochas is desperate to cover his tracks

1 Like

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by momodub: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
So bad
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by zeromeridian: 7:43pm On Apr 08, 2019
Shelloween:
the guy leg no touch ground
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by cr7lomo: 7:44pm On Apr 08, 2019
jamezman:

Check the picture very well you'll discover something strange about the man his legs are invisible .

So as the lady in black ...must b how the pic was taken or the camera

2 Likes

Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Goddyj(m): 7:46pm On Apr 08, 2019
jamezman:

I think that ghost should be investigated. He might actually know something about the fire shocked
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by snipesdam(m): 7:48pm On Apr 08, 2019
Is that a true ghost? Or just a camera anomaly?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QDEzSUG2v0
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Lexusgs430: 7:49pm On Apr 08, 2019
jamezman:

Indeed i saw it...... Ghost - mode....
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by abraham01emma01: 7:50pm On Apr 08, 2019
Do they have functional fire department
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by abraham01emma01: 7:51pm On Apr 08, 2019
Do they have functional fire department?
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by Oguieke(m): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
Airport supposed to have highly functional fire service.
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by showafrica(m): 7:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
Shelloween:

Lol.. Share more
Re: Sam Mbakwe International Airport Fire: FAAN Releases Statement, More Photos by jamezman(m): 7:59pm On Apr 08, 2019
cr7lomo:

So as the lady in black ...must b how the pic was taken or the camera

For the lady its her reflection as the result of her movement....

But the man is invisible with no reflects...

Also check his shoe and the legs to clarify.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Latvia University Issue / LASG Plans for Closure Of Lagos-ibadan Expressway For 4 Months Repair Works / Canada Will Humble You, I Miss Cheap Nigerian Pussies: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.