Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank (15470 Views)

Nigeria From Slipping Into Recession, Junaid Mohammed Raises Alarm / Nigeria Economy Rated Best In Africa By Forbes-see Link / Peter Obi: Nigeria’s Economy On Life Support Over N22.7trn Debt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by akinbode1(m): 10:07am On Apr 09, 2019
Good for next level people!!!
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 09, 2019
tiwiex:

The Buhari government has borrowed quite a lot in the last 3 years and counting. How does your argument fit?
Not buhari government only, African leaders per se. All are wicked. Assuming we dont even have any resources like haiti u can imagine our fate now.. I believe if they are ready to look inward and develop our resources and human capitals, we will seriously move high faster than expected but because of useless politicians getting larger shares it will remain same. So sad our continent like this.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by badman007(m): 10:17am On Apr 09, 2019
priceaction:
Another strategy to push our leaders to their evil loans. KO le werk. UK likely need loan after brexit than us. Infact world economy is totally crumbling. When I tell people that most of these people makes a lot of money off mumu African leaders by pushing them to unending debts that our future generation will never pay finish, turning many of unborn children into economic slaveries, they will not believe. People will be wondering why African development is being dragged. It always start like these comments. See them naming many African countries.

UK need loans for ever! They produce nothing!!!

If you understand cash flow, you'd understand the fake figures in European Economy.

I keep asking myself how British Government can afford to pay benefits to over 50% of their population who remain unemployed.

So many companies dealing with claims and insurance. Where dem dey see all this money? In my opinion as a runaway diplomat, I'd say UK government are the biggest Fraud in the world with magic economic figures..

Africa My Africa. We go mumu tey mehn.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by Nobody: 10:19am On Apr 09, 2019
Olawalesmarter:

I made a Mistake but you will be the one to Die

Bros relax no one will die, just know I belong to no political party, all I want is the best for our country Nigeria. But you should have read before insulting me. Thanks cheers
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by tuniski: 10:22am On Apr 09, 2019
priceaction:
Another strategy to push our leaders to their evil loans. KO le werk. UK likely need loan after brexit than us. Infact world economy is totally crumbling. When I tell people that most of these people makes a lot of money off mumu African leaders by pushing them to unending debts that our future generation will never pay finish, turning many of unborn children into economic slaveries, they will not believe. People will be wondering why African development is being dragged. It always start like these comments. See them naming many African countries.
But nigeria is borrowing left right and centre currently.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by Polytronafrica: 10:24am On Apr 09, 2019
They said since 1995. Read before comments
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by ubene05(m): 10:45am On Apr 09, 2019
pls Nigeria we no have people with PhD why will someone like buhari be de ruler
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by IJEYdiamond(f): 11:22am On Apr 09, 2019
Hmmm. The Nigeria Economy we are heading somewhere.

ATTENTION:

For those who are unemployed, underemployed and those done with youth service you can start on this platform and earn while waiting to get a job or become an entrepreneur who knows only time will tell.... (A difference in your world.)

Royale Global lnternational..

whatzapp +2348034065489
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by ize4: 11:49am On Apr 09, 2019
IMF told us Nigeria economy is improving,while world Bank is now saying our economy is sleepy,
white people were confused
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 11:52am On Apr 09, 2019
tuniski:

But nigeria is borrowing left right and centre currently.
but these world leaders sef,

but cant the borrowee country and the borrower country create new wealth must they depend on loan and debt and old wealth to survive.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by desmond2pk: 11:59am On Apr 09, 2019
priceaction:

Na your leaders dey beg for loan
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 09, 2019
I wanted to create a thread on this yesterday.

Essential commodities are gradually becoming scarce as we speak.

All the steel rolling mills in Nigeria are not producing. There is a silent fuel scarcity but the media is in coma to report anything to the public now.

Only fuel dealers know this. Only manufacturers and steel dealers know what I am saying.

It is like we have another recession at hand.

I can't wait.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by deomelo: 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2019

Shell to invest $15 billion in Nigeria's oil and gas industry

By SOLAPE RENNER on 4/7/2019

LAGOS (Bloomberg) -- Nigeria will get a large oil and gas investment from Shell Petroleum Development Company in the amount of about $15 billion, according to the Lagos-based newspaper ThisDay, citing managing director of the unit, Nosa Okunbor.

The company operates under a joint venture between the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation, Royal Dutch Shell Plc, Total Exploration and Production Nigeria Ltd. and Nigerian Agip Oil Company Ltd., according to its website. Shell has a 30% stake in the business.

Click here to read about Nigeria's oil-rich Bayelsa State opens inquiry on spills

The projects earmarked for investment will include deep offshore, shallow water, swamp and land terrain, the newspaper reported.

Shell has also taken a final investment decision regarding the 300 MMsf3/day Assa North Ohaji gas project, which is expected to generate 1,200 megawatts, said Okunbor.

https://www.worldoil.com/news/2019/4/7/shell-to-invest-15-billion-in-nigerias-oil-and-gas-industry

Nigeria is actually attracting more growth and investments as we speak.

Nigerian is still on top

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by michoim(m): 2:53pm On Apr 09, 2019
Atiku foreign lobbyist speaking....we know them
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by Ugosample(m): 9:46pm On Apr 09, 2019
buchilino:

DONT CALL IT MEANINGLESS, OR DID U 4GET DAT IT WAS D SAME WORLD BANK N IMF DAT FORCED NIGERIA 2 ACCEPT SAP POLICIES IN D 80s. TELL ME ONE POLICY DAT BOTH INSTITUTIONS FORCED AFRICANS DAT WORKED.

the same SAP that saved South Korea

it was not about the SAP, it was the corrupt and use less leaders we had in Africa then

IMF is the institution to go to as last resort

That means you fvcked up

You don't ecorvg IMF to be lenient with you undecided

World bank is stkkk different

have you heard China, India or Turkey in IMF mess before?

but at one time they were all on world bank loans

look at Greece
they messed up and that is why they were at the mercy of imf in the first place

Policies that work elsewhere fail in Africa because Africans are just somehow undecided

1 Like

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by EagleNest(m): 7:42am On Apr 10, 2019
The word 'economy' and 'Buhari' are parallel lines. They can never meet. Kind of antonyms.
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by doctokwus: 10:55pm On Apr 10, 2019
No
SarkinYarki:

I think we are saying the same thing bro
You said he has only regressed Nigeria economically.
I want to make u know it's not just the economy,that the man is incapable of improving anything he oversees because he doesn't have a damn clue how to improve anything.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by SarkinYarki: 10:56pm On Apr 10, 2019
doctokwus:
No
You said he has only regressed Nigeria economically.
I want to make u know it's not just the economy,that the man is incapable of improving anything he oversees because he doesn't have a damn clue how to improve anything.

You are right
Re: Nigeria’s Economy Slipping - World Bank by AlphaStyles(m): 6:37pm On Apr 14, 2019
Our economy is digging for oil grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Festus Keyamo Reacts To Pdp's Apology To Nigerians (pics) / OSUN RE-RUN;PDP In South West Kick, Alleges Compromised By The Security Agencies / Timipre Sylva: Petrol Subsidy Will Soon Be Removed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.