Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives (616 Views)

Wike A Man Of Conviction, Character, Courage – Ikpeazu / Atiku: Wike A Snake, Despite His Help, Tinubu Can’t Invite Him For Dinner / Bola Tinubu The Cat With Nine Lives. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by treasure2: 8:32am On Apr 09, 2019
Wike: A cat with nine lives

Governor Nyesom Wike is a fighter; he has come a long way in the art of political warfare. Last week, the Rivers State governor, again, came out unscratched from what is perhaps his biggest political battle. In this report, WALE ELEGBEDE writes on the hurdle the man popularly called ‘Mr Projects’ had to scale to secure a second term in office

Rivers State governor, Nyesom Wike, cuts a different picture to different people. For some, he is a desperate politician with lousy character, while to others, he is a man that abhors injustice, especially against the masses and would go to any length to repel anything of such.
Regardless of the acuity, however, his bravery and daring spirit is one trait that can’t be easily untwined from him.

From when he berthed in the murky waters of politics, he has developed a knack for taking on political battles and winning most of them. He loves the game of politics and the game loves him. Whenever he suffered any political setback, those close to him say that he recoils, goes back to his chess board to plot again and come back in full fledge.

On the face value, Wike is a tough man and he is not a jelly, lily-livered man. But, those who know him say he is so gentle and unassuming that he could easily be classified as a man, who cannot hurt a fly. But, they are also quick to add that anyone, who looks for his trouble will get it in dose because he doesn’t suffer fools gladly.

Speaking in an interview with a national newspaper on the perception about him by a section of the media, Wike said: “For me, I’m not bothered about what the media writes about me. My own concern is, how do my people feel? Are they happy? Yes! Are they not happy? No! So, that is what bothers me. Rivers people elected me. Therefore, I owe them that responsibility to defend their interest.

https://www.newtelegraphng.com/2019/04/with-nine-lives/

Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by SmellingAnus(m): 8:48am On Apr 09, 2019
I am not a fan of Wike... But I think Nigerian Political Science Departments should have a special course about the likes of Wike and Kwakwanso so as to teach up coming politicians on how to be victorious against all odds...
Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by naijaguy1234(m): 8:52am On Apr 09, 2019
Wike smiles to the bank daily, the PDP are smiling because he is the number one person financing them but the people of rivers are in pain because their resources are being wasted on a large scale.
Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by Uncleodi(m): 9:13am On Apr 09, 2019
A good game changer
Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by Frankiss44(m): 9:27am On Apr 09, 2019
And one small mugu here dey compare this warrior to Udom when just enter politics 4 years ago as stooge...
Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by Frankiss44(m): 9:28am On Apr 09, 2019
naijaguy1234:
Wike smiles to the bank daily, the PDP are smiling because he is the number one person financing them but the people of rivers are in pain because their resources are being wasted on a large scale.

So is it Ameachi that wont waste their resources?

Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by Bigii(m): 10:08am On Apr 09, 2019
The beginning and the end of practical politics. All hail our political wikepedia cool

1 Like

Re: Wike: A Cat With Nine Lives by nazicartel(m): 12:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
for me I still don't get d reasons of praising wike cos of this Election he won against APC dream team(AAC)... before the election I knew wike will win.. APC knows that even d Awara guy knows this, Amaechi also know... I think they just wanted to shake wike cos he's too comfortable and relaxed.. Am happy the election went that way... Pdp has to buckle up... anything can happen

(1) (Reply)

Governor Yahaya "A. J." Adoza Bello Of Kogi State, Training Session. / Kogite Lamenting over unexecuted contract / Youngest Pro-chancellor Steve Azaiki Honoured With Difference Global Award

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.