Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,034 members, 7,956,825 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 08:07 PM

Is Efcc Really Effective In This Country - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Is Efcc Really Effective In This Country (277 Views)

Claim That Warm Water Is Effective In Curing Epilepsy, Others Is FALSE / Is EFCC Not Charging This Man Wrongfully? / EFCC Arrests 7 MAPOLY Students And Others For Yahoo Yahoo With Juju (See Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is Efcc Really Effective In This Country by Balley(f): 9:55am On Apr 09, 2019
I belong to the set of people that believes in the system working properly, For example few years back, when i was in Uni, after about 3months break from school, when I resume back I discovered someone broke into my room, immediately I entered i said to myself, do not touch anything, for forensic purpose, the other part on me said, babe wake up this is Nigeria, just count your loss(es) and move on. The reason for this episode is that my sister was scammed online about 2weeks ago, she wanted to buy egg in wholesale because she re sells, about 200k plus, I felt bad for her, I feel I should do something to help her retrieve her money. First thing that came to my mind was FBI, but after a little search I discovered FBI Nigeria does not really exist, its the Us FBI that exist here. My next option was EFCC, so I dung out their phone number, gave them a call this morning, explained everything that happened and told them i have documents to back it up, only for them to give me the shocker of my life, they said there is nothing they can do about it, that they have warn people about buying online, when you buy online and pay before delivery its at your own risk. I was dumbfounded, like seriously, there is nothing the EFCC can do about internet fraud? This isn't good enough. So please guys, what do you think can be done?
Re: Is Efcc Really Effective In This Country by Nobody: 10:01am On Apr 09, 2019
Balley:
I belong to the set of people that believes in the system working properly, For example few years back, when i was in Uni, after about 3months break from school, when I resume back I discovered someone broke into my room, immediately I entered i said to myself, do not touch anything, for forensic purpose, the other part on me said, babe wake up this is Nigeria, just count your loss(es) and move on. The reason for this episode is that my sister was scammed online about 2weeks ago, she wanted to buy egg in wholesale because she re sells, about 200k plus, I felt bad for her, I feel I should do something to help her retrieve her money. First thing that came to my mind was FBI, but after a little search I discovered FBI Nigeria does not really exist, its the Us FBI that exist here. My next option was EFCC, so I dung out their phone number, gave them a call this morning, explained everything that happened and told them i have documents to back it up, only for them to give me the shocker of my life, they said there is nothing they can do about it, that they have warn people about buying online, when you buy online and pay before delivery its at your own risk. I was dumbfounded, like seriously, there is nothing the EFCC can do about internet fraud? This isn't good enough. So please guys, what do you think can be done?
Go one shrine go swear for the scammer dazzal. If na confirm one before morning he go dey crow like cock.

(1) (Reply)

Man Sets Neighbour’s House On Fire For Rejecting His Sexual Advances (photos) / Gunmen Kill 2 Persons, Injure 7 Month Old Baby In Plateau / Abuja-kaduna Expressway: How Many People Will Be Kidnapped Before FG Acts?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.