Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,587 members, 7,816,444 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos (22304 Views)

Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by titiloyeblog: 10:21am On Apr 09, 2019
news @ titiloyeblog.com

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Monday confirmed a passenger train crushed a beggar to death at Muslim area of Lagos.

Mr Jerry Oche, the Lagos District Manager (RDM) of the corporation, made confirmation while addressing newsmen on the incident in Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that an Ijoko to Iddo bound Mass Transit Train crushed a beggar to death near the Mushin railway station on Monday morning.

NAN reports that the unidentified beggar was one of the six beggars that sat in a row near the railway line at the Mushin Railway corridor.

Oche said life of every Nigerian was important to the corporation, advising people to endeavour to obey the order and signs attached to the rail lines.

According to him, it is against the law to sit or trade besides the railway line, either begging for alms or for any other reason.

Oche, however, warned traders, hawkers, beggars, and passersby to stay away from the rail lines across the state to avoid casualty.

“Anybody who has no business entering the train should not be on the rail corridor, because it is very dangerous.

“It’s like a suicide mission seeing a train approaching and you are still sitting down on the track,” he said. (NAN)

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/04/train-crushes-beggar-to-death-in-lagos.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by LuciferYaweh: 10:25am On Apr 09, 2019
I was there.

The train driver told him, "Silver nor gold I do not have but what I have I give you." then he blared his horn and crushed him.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Investmentfreak: 10:42am On Apr 09, 2019
Stc
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by nifemi25(m): 10:55am On Apr 09, 2019
I'm sure the beggar is deaf.... Only a deaf person won't hear when a train is approaching.....

May his soul rest in peace if God wishes ..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by iamJ(m): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
lets blame buhari wailers on their way

stepping out of their coven like
[img]https://media1./images/af02d9d0c2c8800d30684f4fc95fd791/tenor.gif[/img]

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Yewandequeen(f): 1:07pm On Apr 09, 2019
That's sad
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by MrRhymes101(m): 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2019
G
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by melody91: 1:08pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

The train driver told him, "Silver nor gold I do not have but what I have I give you." then he blared his horn and crushed him.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.
aiye e ti baje

34 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by gmec23(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.
Sorry bro

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Yewandequeen(f): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
nifemi25:
I'm sure the beggar is deaf.... Only a deaf person won't hear when a train is approaching.....

he might not be, probably he had no one around to carry him away. You know Lagos na, everyone go about minding their businesses and care-less as long it doesn't affect them

11 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by ohem007(m): 1:09pm On Apr 09, 2019
The one wey dey ikeja dey scare me like craze.......

Rip o
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by robosky02(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.
you mumu don rip abi
You don't value life

19 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by dododawa1: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
nifemi25:

not only deaf and earpiece on
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by 1zynnvn(m): 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
First comment made me laugh I no go lie. Rip to the man tho
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Amuocha: 1:10pm On Apr 09, 2019
Muslim area of Lagos sef

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Loveworld12: 1:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
Amechi the man of the moment

3 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by FhukaFhuka: 1:14pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Treasure17(m): 1:16pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.

9 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by titiloyeblog: 1:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
It is a pity
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Starboytwo(m): 1:22pm On Apr 09, 2019
I really want to know that song wey dey give this man joy in this pic

4 Likes

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by jchioma: 1:25pm On Apr 09, 2019

This beggar menace is becoming an albatross on the society.

Everywhere you turn, someone is begging. With different conditions and storyline.

From the international airport to beggars on the streets, it's becoming almost unbearable.

It's like this NEXT LEVEL is becoming the WORST DEVIL.

I can only do only my best, because I cannot do it all.

However, RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Champneys: 1:28pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lawlessness and lack of enforcement of laws steady decimating Nigerians and ruining asset/infrastructure!
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by PRINCEVICKEY: 1:34pm On Apr 09, 2019
BAD BAD NEWS ,.... U ALWAYS WITNESS.....I PITY UR FUTURE OO......I DONT KNOW MAYBE U CAN WITNESS GOOD NEWS

LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by opribo(m): 1:36pm On Apr 09, 2019
Why not put barricade to deter people from trading or begging near the rail line.

Is it only in Nigeria we have rail lines.why do we not value human life.
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by mamaafrik(m): 1:45pm On Apr 09, 2019
Railway Marshalls should be setup to hold whips and clear people around cluster stations when train approaches

1 Like

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by sharena(m): 1:51pm On Apr 09, 2019
opribo:
Why not put barricade to deter people from trading or begging near the rail line.

Is it only in Nigeria we have rail lines.why do we not value human life.

IS THAT THE ONLY PLACE TO BEG MONEY
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by sharena(m): 1:52pm On Apr 09, 2019
IN EVERYTHING WE SHOULD GET LITTLE OR MORE UNDERSTANDING, BEGGAR WHEN NOR KNOW SAY TRAIN DEY KILL PERSON NA DIE DEY CALL AM
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Toosure70: 1:59pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.
See your pastor immediately

(1) (2) (Reply)

Passengers Disrupt Dana Airline’s Operations Over Delay, Cancelation / Family Of Four Die In Accident In Kano State. Photos / How Trafficked Nigerians Fall Victims Of Organ Harvest In Europe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.