Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,082 members, 7,863,803 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:52 AM

Martins, Nsofor Shine In Europe ! - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Martins, Nsofor Shine In Europe ! (552 Views)

Eaglets Shine In CHAN Eagles Friendly; Eagles Win 4-1 / Nigerians Shine In Champions' League / Kanu Nwankwo And Finidi George Shine In Edwin Van Der Sar's Testimonial Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Martins, Nsofor Shine In Europe ! by wales(m): 7:18am On Sep 13, 2010
Super Eagles forward Obafemi Martins scored his first goal for his Russian club Rubin Kazan, helping the champions to a 3-0 win over Amkar Perm at home on Saturday.

Carlos Eduardo had scored twice for Rubin before Martins converted his penalty with four minutes to the end of the game. The victory has placed Rubin on the second spot in the league, six points behind leaders Zenit St. Petersburg.

In England, West Ham went down 3-1 to Chelsea at Upton Park but that did not stop Premier League debutant Obinna Nsofor from getting most of the attention.

The former Inter Milan player was on for the entire duration but his notable performance could not stop the English champions from getting the maximum points. Nsofor was however voted the Man-of-The-Match on Saturday.

Seyi Olofinjana did not spare his former club, Hull City, as he fired Cardiff City to a 2-0 win at home. The midfielder, who was excluded from the Eagles squad that featured at the 2010 World Cup, opened scores in the 20th minute. He‘s on a season-long loan at Cardiff.

In Denmark, former Ebedei FC striker, Jude Nworuh, also hit target but his club, Fredericia, fell 3-2 at home to FC Roskilde in the Danish first division on Sunday.

The 21-year-old fast-paced striker, who is on loan from FC Midtjylland, scored the curtain raiser in the 11th minute.

Eagles captain, Joseph Yobo, made his first start with his Turkish side Fenerbahce against Kayserispor on Saturday but the former Everton defender was forced out of the game through injury. His absence weakened the defence line, causing Fenerbahce to concede two goals.

Also, 22-year-old midfielder, Kim Ojo, scored a last-gasp equaliser as NIL-Trysil held Fredrikstad to a 2-2 draw away. The Jos-born player grabbed the crucial goal in the 88th minute to ensure NIL-Trysil earned a point away from home in the Norwegian first division.

http://www.punchng.com/Articl.aspx?theartic=Art201009131305992
Re: Martins, Nsofor Shine In Europe ! by wales(m): 7:20am On Sep 13, 2010
They should also come and shine here in Nigeria. Is it only in europe that they shuld shine? when we invite them to play for nigeria, they could not shine, now they are saying that they are shineing in europe. Well, if na me too sha, i will shine o, because the money which they are paying there is difference. I will even turn myself to shineshine bobo.

(1) (Reply)

New Super Eagles Coach To Be Named On November 8th / Video: Referee Blunder, 2 Yellow Cards, Player Still On The Pitch / I Want To Know

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.