Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,818 members, 7,820,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:37 AM

”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu (776 Views)

Armsgate: Court Threatens To Issue Bench Warrant For Ex-pdp Boss / Rivers APC Reacts To Supreme Court Judgment, Calls It Mere Academic Exercise / 'I Am Not Afraid To Condemn The Attacks On Christians And Churches'' VP Osinbajo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Okwyla: 8:16am On Apr 10, 2019
Leader of the Indigenous People of Biafra, Nnamdi Kanu, has described the bench warrant against him by Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja, as “a mere academic exercise”.

He also said the Federal Government could not incite the world against him.

In a statement obtained by our correspondent in Awka, Anambra State, the IPOB leader said, “The international and diplomatic community would surely ignore the bench warrant.

“I remain eternally grateful to my sureties for standing by me all through my travails, trials and tribulations.

“It smacks of judicial persecution for Justice Binta Nyako handling my case to claim that my sureties had withdrawn their surety.

“Justice Binta Nyako’s bench warrant against me makes the judiciary complicit in the persecution of innocent people and IPOB since mid 2015.

“Where a case is for hearing of motion, the trial judge must hear the motion and adjourn for any other process. On no account should they hear a motion and hear the merits of the matter, not to talk about delivering judgment. The judge may consider doing that in the very rare circumstance of consent by parties

“When a matter has been adjourned for a particular purpose, it is my view that the business of the court on the day the matter is adjourned is the purpose for which it was adjourned.

“It is expected that parties have come prepared for that purpose for which the matter was adjourned. If it is expedient to change the purpose, it cannot be done by the court suo motu (on its own) as the parties must agree.”

He said in March last year a continental human rights court restrained the FG from persecuting of members of IPOB, regretting that the government had yet to obey the order.

Kanu said, “The arrest, detention and murder of IPOB family members is illegal, unconstitutional and in breach of the written laws of Nigeria. The fact that judges and supposed legal practitioners allow this travesty to continue is indicative of the level of ignorance that pervades the Nigerian judiciary.”

Kanu, who is facing trial alongside other IPOB members over alleged treason, has not appeared in court months after he was granted bail.

Justice Nyako revoked the bail granted Kanu in 2017and issued an arrest warrant against him, citing his continued absence from court.

Full details at https://www.akelicious.net/2019/04/im-not-afraid-of-bench-warrant-its-mere.html

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 8:27am On Apr 10, 2019
What is funny about the whole thing is that everybody knows that the Federal Government sent an assassination team made up of Soldiers to go and kill Kanu. Yet the courts are wondering why Kanu is not in court. Of what use is it to the courts if Kanu returns to be killed by government? Do dead people go to court?

1 Like

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by alexmaye(m): 8:27am On Apr 10, 2019
cryFTC D Guy Up There Weh Done O
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by CaptainG00D: 8:36am On Apr 10, 2019
gidgiddy:
What is funny about the whole thing is that everybody knows that the Federal Government sent an assassination team made up Soldiers to go and kill Kanu. Yet the courts are wondering why Kanu is not in court. Of what use is it to the courts if Kanu returns to killed by government? Do dead people go to court?

Even the masses know , but they choose to play ignorance and blind eye to the truth.
People should mind how they support evil.
Because when it gets to ur turn, it might rather take ur life then purnish you,...karma.
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Bizibi(m): 8:41am On Apr 10, 2019
Scam
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Officialgarri: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2019
gidgiddy:
What is funny about the whole thing is that everybody knows that the Federal Government sent an assassination team made up of Soldiers to go and kill Kanu. Yet the courts are wondering why Kanu is not in court. Of what use is it to the courts if Kanu returns to killed by government? Do dead people go to court?

They were not going to kill him. They were just going to forcefully arrest him.

Now, I don't expect you to cry "its because he's Igbo" and all of those your Igbo orthodox wailings.

The same treatment was meted out to Zaczaky who is a northerner. Kanu wouldn't have been an exception

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Nukilia: 9:03am On Apr 10, 2019
KANU is a funny man! He deceived people into thinking that he's a messiah grin grin cheesy
I can never trust a man who supported the APC during election.
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 9:15am On Apr 10, 2019
Nukilia:
KANU is a funny man! He deceived people into thinking that he's a messiah grin grin cheesy
O boy see reasoning. Chai! With this type of person as a citizen?? Nigeria is indeed a zoo no doubt about that.

1 Like

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 9:19am On Apr 10, 2019
Officialgarri:

Now, I don't expect you to cry "its because he's Igbo" and all of those your Igbo orthodox wailings.

The same treatment was meted out to Zaczaky who is a northerner. Kanu wouldn't have been an exception
Forcefully arrest him on what basis?? What offence did Kanu commit??

Is Kanu a member of miyetti Allah??

Or is he the leader of boko haram??

1 Like

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Nukilia: 9:25am On Apr 10, 2019
enemybulldozer:
O boy see reasoning. Chai! With this type of person as a citizen?? Nigeria is indeed a zoo no doubt about that.

No matter how much you try to shy away from the truth, it still hunts you.

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 9:28am On Apr 10, 2019
Nukilia:

No matter how much you try to shy away from the truth, it still hunts you.
After that what happened??

Mumu!
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Nukilia: 9:32am On Apr 10, 2019
enemybulldozer:
After that what happened??

Mumu!

Everyone knows you're the mumu here

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by enemybulldozer(m): 9:34am On Apr 10, 2019
Nukilia:

Everyone knows you're the mumu here
I asked you a question. After that what happened??

Mumu!

1 Like

Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Arda1000(m): 9:39am On Apr 10, 2019
Bizibi:
Scam
ewuru how much em scam u
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Arda1000(m): 9:41am On Apr 10, 2019
Nukilia:
ur joke is so funny i couldn't laugh
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Bizibi(m): 9:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Arda1000:
ewuru how much em scam u
10 naira
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Arda1000(m): 10:53am On Apr 10, 2019
Bizibi:
10 naira
then go and sit down
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Bizibi(m): 11:01am On Apr 10, 2019
Arda1000:
then go and sit down
come and sit down with me.
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Arda1000(m): 11:10am On Apr 10, 2019
Bizibi:
come and sit down with me.
Amadioha kpokwa gi oku
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by gidgiddy: 11:11am On Apr 10, 2019
Officialgarri:

My dear brother, the Army has no constitutional power to go and arrest anybody in their house. The only people empowered to make arrest are the police and its attendant agency such as DSS. The only the Army cann arrest a person is if the person is committing a crime in front of them. But to go to a person to make an arrest is not their job, do the Army going to Kanu's house was illegal

Secondly, the Army went to Kanu's house and opened fire, killing unarmed people. They even killed Kanu's Dog. Is that how to make arrest? To go somewhere and just open fire for no just cause?

The government sent Soldiers to Kanu's house on an assassination attempt

What the Soldiers did in the case of Elzakzaky and Kanu was not only illegal, it was genocide
Re: ”I’M Not Afraid Of Bench Warrant, Its A Mere Academic Exercise” - Nnamdi Kanu by Bizibi(m): 11:13am On Apr 10, 2019
Arda1000:
Amadioha kpokwa gi oku
come and join me beat nnamdi KANU,

(1) (Reply)

Obasanjo, Atiku, Gowon, Babangida, Others To Share N2.3b From 2019 Budget / Boko Haram: Army Reveals Those Working Against Nigeria / Fulani Herdsmen Radio,buhari Wanting To Islamize Nigeria,we Need A Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.