Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,321 members, 7,780,795 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:24 PM

Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? (741 Views)

Reasons Why Nigerians Love Cms, Plugins And Frameworks A Lot / Why Do Nigerians Love Cms, Plugins And Frameworks A Lot? / 7 Ways To Make Or Encourage Your Blog With A Bit Of Cash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by cdeveloper(m): 12:45pm On Sep 13, 2010
Across the globe there are uncountable frameworks, or pre-built codes that the developers claim makes life easier for other developers, no doubt this is partly true and partly lie.In PHP for instance there are lots of frameworks most notably are Zend,Symphony,CakePHP,Drupal,Joomla, etc, in Python we have Django,Tornado,Zope,Plone etc , in Javascript there are jQuery,Prototype,Scriptaculous,MooTool etc. I have used some of this and they are really helpful when you want to get things done Qiuckly .
The question i am putting forward is this, Does using this frameworks really make you a better developer in the sense that you have an in-depth knowledge of the tool you use or does it make you an ordinary passive user of someone's tools preventing you from learning to do things your own way.Secondly does frameworks encourage the understanding of the underlying technology used in creating such frameworks or does it make developers lazy in learning to understand the technology.
I have worked extensively with jQuery and i have noticed that whenever i want to do something in JavaScript rather than think of how to do this i am conditioned to look for a jQuery plugin and use not knowing how the problem at hand is solved, by this i am now  a passive developer of Javascript because i no longer think in terms of solving the problem but looking for a pre-built solution.

So all developer in the house what are your take on this because in the near future there will be plethora of developers whose creative ability is dampened  by the works of others who set boundaries around which you can not go beyond

1 Like

Re: Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by DualCore1: 2:49pm On Sep 13, 2010
i can answer this question for omni, dhtml, ogzille and lanbaba, lol. im on the road, cant tallk plenty. my opinion: use wat works for u. wat works for me is raw php, raw html, raw css and cooked javascript<jquery>. I dont see jquery as a lazy approach to javascript cuz there's still major coding involved. I honestly havnt looked at those php frameworks cuz i bumped into web dev in an awkward way, lol. cant explain i dey road joor.
Re: Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by quadrillio(m): 5:09pm On Sep 13, 2010
Dual Core:

i can answer this question for omni, dhtml, ogzille and lanbaba, lol. im on the road, cant tallk plenty. my opinion: use wat works for u. wat works for me is raw php, raw html, raw css and cooked javascript<jquery>. I dont see jquery as a lazy approach to javascript cuz there's still major coding involved. I honestly havnt looked at those php frameworks cuz i bumped into web dev in an awkward way, lol. cant explain i dey road joor.

how come u can't speak for me? I tot u knew me enough. LOLz. Anyway, I write my code from ground zero, No framework no nothing. (this is a confession) I ve not even used one b4.

like u said, you can use whatever works for you. a good HAMMER doesn't make a good CARPENTER.

- SAFE
Re: Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by ogzille(m): 5:26pm On Sep 13, 2010
:-x
Re: Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by Nobody: 5:47pm On Sep 13, 2010
i think dual core has spoken well for me. I try to learn everything, from ground zero, to jquery to cms. . . .whatever. When i got a job to do, i select what is best for the job and get it done. But the most important thing is professionalism, it is not about the number of languages or frameworks you can use, but how best you get the job done.
Re: Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
What do we regard as frameworks Opensource Scripts, CMS,

The best i can say is Output is what matters!

Dual made me to understand that some time back! After all a Client is not interested in the Method most times, but the End-Product.

However knowledge of what you use is quintessential, it makes one even able to perfectly blend frameworks and scripts to produce much more than can be obtained from just a framework!

Remember in one of my recent works with a team of developers, though i never knew and still don't know how to use Joomla, my simply mentioning it's name, and proffering it as a solution for faster development of the targeted project! Made the project move smoothly and with speedy completion!

Though they incurred more cost by getting a Joomla developer!
Re: Do Frameworks Make Or Mar Developers? by jeshurun07: 2:55pm On Sep 14, 2010
yours sincerely i have tot about this many times.
but this is my take on the whole issue.
Do what works for you!

Most especially in an env. like naija where your clients thinks a web developer
must know everything about web design plus and including how to raise money for a website!!! grin grin grin

for me i try to know some of the languages (php/mysql, css, html) and try using frameworks for others (jquery for javascript).

-my tots

(1) (Reply)

All Of The Mulberry Bayswater: Available These Days Within Effortless Crossbody Capacity! / Ask Any Question Concerning Problem On Phpbb / About To Ban

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.