Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,242 members, 7,815,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name (5764 Views)

If You Know Prime Numbers You Should Be Able To Solve This Shape (Photo) / APC UK Mocks Corpers Who Don't Know Meaning Of 'CCTV' & 'vertebrae' (video) / Mention One Abbreviation You Still Don't Know The Meaning (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by ifada123: 3:25pm On Apr 10, 2019
The question is still open up fall all to try we now know the answer is 6square unit
Let see the first person to come up with basic solution to it
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by Martinez39(m): 3:27pm On Apr 10, 2019
ifada123:

Sir we will appreciate if you can still solve it for us useing basic maths.
I will try. The integration method was what came to head immediately.
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by femi4: 3:35pm On Apr 10, 2019
ifada123:
The question is still open up fall all to try we now know the answer is 6square unit
9 sq units
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by ifada123: 3:37pm On Apr 10, 2019
femi4:
9 sq units
Try it out again sir
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by ifada123: 3:41pm On Apr 10, 2019
More shape questions coming
From your shape lover
Mr shape
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by femi4: 4:11pm On Apr 10, 2019
ifada123:

Try it out again sir
Area of the square - Area of the unshaded 4 triangles - 4 unshaded unit squares

That's 52- 4(1/2 *3*2.5) - 4

25 -15 - 4 = 6 sq units

2 Likes

Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by dejt4u(m): 5:40pm On Apr 10, 2019
ifada123:
I made a mistake at the last stage of the answer I uploaded. I've traced the mistake and I've corrected it

1 Like

Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by Alhajiemeritus: 6:42pm On Apr 10, 2019
The area of the square around the pinwheel is 25. The area of the pinwheel is equal to {the square } - the white space.} Each of the four triangles have a base of 3 units and a height of 2.5 units, and so their combined area is 15 units squared. Then the unshaded space consists of the four triangles with total area of 15, and there are four white corner squares. Therefore the area of the pinwheel is $25-(15+4)$ which is 6
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by Joystark(f): 7:23pm On Apr 10, 2019
Na wa o. Una don really chop belefull

3 Likes

Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by ifada123: 9:39pm On Apr 10, 2019
vince001:
My answer:
16x²√(2x²)
Where x is the length of a small square.
Joystark:
Na wa o. Una don really chop belefull
Alhajiemeritus:
The area of the square around the pinwheel is 25. The area of the pinwheel is equal to {the square } - the white space.} Each of the four triangles have a base of 3 units and a height of 2.5 units, and so their combined area is 15 units squared. Then the unshaded space consists of the four triangles with total area of 15, and there are four white corner squares. Therefore the area of the pinwheel is $25-(15+4)$ which is 6
femi4:
Area of the square - Area of the unshaded 4 triangles - 4 unshaded unit squares

That's 52- 4(1/2 *3*2.5) - 4

25 -15 - 4 = 6 sq units
Martinez39:
I will try. The integration method was what came to head immediately.
This is my analysis

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by CallmeKola(m): 11:20pm On Apr 10, 2019
tongue
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by Nobody: 8:35am On Apr 11, 2019
tongue kiss
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by enemmo(f): 9:55am On Apr 11, 2019
Following

Thank you O.P for adding to my knowledge

1 Like

Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by mexyk(m): 10:47am On Apr 11, 2019
Martinez39:
with a = 1 units. grin

Or solve it simply by summing up of areas of the four un-shaded triangles you see within the circle, added to the four un-shaded squares and subtract from area of entire square. You get same answer. 6 sq units
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by Martinez39(m): 10:50am On Apr 11, 2019
mexyk:

Or solve it simply by summing up of areas of the four un-shaded triangles you see within the circle, added to the four un-shaded squares and subtract from area of entire square. You get same answer. 6 sq units
Genius! shocked
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by Rich4god(m): 12:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
Chai... Na now I know say I no Sabi maths.
Re: Beauty and Brain many of us played with this shape but don't know the name by ifada123: 3:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
More shape coming
I remain your shape lover
Mr shape

(1) (2) (Reply)

Female Corps Member Causes Stir With Her Choice Of Outfit At Camp (VIDEO) / Medicine Vs Engineering. / 23 Unexpected Photos Proving Life Can Still Surprise Us

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.