Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,611 members, 7,809,235 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:18 AM

Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) (43286 Views)

Lady Burnt While Answering Call Close To Her Cooking Gas, Dies (Graphic Pix) / Indonesian Teenager Impaled By Needlefish That Jumped Out Of Water (Graphic Pix) / 18+ (videos And Pics) MASTURBATION!!! Over 17inch Cassava Stuck Inside Woman (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by maxipharo(m): 10:57am On Apr 11, 2019
Na wa ooo
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by adebobconed(m): 11:00am On Apr 11, 2019
This is serious
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Larryndelaw: 11:04am On Apr 11, 2019
A lot of these happened in naija and we concluded it to be witches and wizards that makes people go blind
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by AdomeNG: 11:12am On Apr 11, 2019
Estrada:
undecided

Op how could you have read this story and still come up with such a misleading topic?
The original post was from the BBC, and it was referenced as such in the Source. The topic you saw before it was edited was the topic that graced BBCs homepage. I believe you now understand why?
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Psoul(m): 11:18am On Apr 11, 2019
It's only in a woman's eye that that kind of thing will happen. If it's a man's eye, they will remove it instantly.

Women are created to be very comfortable with uncomfortable things. They will wear eyelash as heavy as 20gram and more and they will still sleep comfortably with it. Wear more than 3 earrings, nose ring, hair attachment dat water will not touch for more dan 3months, still they are very comfortable.
They will wear fake breast, fake hip, fake buttock, camel toe(fake puna) and multiple layers of facial makeups and they are very comfortable.

I'm even surprised that the woman noticed that there was something in her eyes.
Imagine 4, I mean FOUR bees living and feeding in a woman's eyes...Jesuuuus.
A man will just run mad at the first 5mins the thing entered his eyes and will just scratch the nonsense bees and the lens out, but this woman carried it even without rubbing the eyes in order not to damage the fake eyes she was wearing.

Women, una too strong biko.
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by deltateam: 11:21am On Apr 11, 2019
Even Taiwan is more medically advanced than my country. Imagine professor of medicine actually attended to her.

If it was my country they will leave her in the hands of medical students who will use her for practical thereby blinding her.

They even sent the bees for more research. That's a country where things are working.

1 Like

Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by AMI3(m): 11:32am On Apr 11, 2019
If it is Africa some people could have said " na winch" Or the person problem is beyond medical care.
Some will even say they should take him to babala WO or Church. Africa my Africa
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Afritop(m): 12:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
Story is unbelievable. I doubt it's authenticity.
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Nobody: 1:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Kingpee2:
There’s nothing we won’t see .
grin
Kingpee2:
There’s nothing we won’t see .

in her case she did not see the bees.
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Yemi1987(m): 2:16pm On Apr 11, 2019
if you think you have seen or heard it all, then you'll know you're still a learner...
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by mechanics(m): 2:33pm On Apr 11, 2019
The Prof really knows his job.
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Xclusiveanalyst: 2:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
AdomeNG:
A Taiwanese woman was found by doctors to have four small sweat bees living inside her eye, the first such incident on the island.

The 28-year-old woman, identified only as Ms He, was pulling out weeds when the insects flew into her eyes.

Dr Hong Chi Ting of the Fooyin University Hospital told the BBC he was “shocked” when he pulled the 4mm insects out by their legs.
Ms He has now been discharged and is expected to make a full recovery.

Sweat bees, also known as Halictidae, are attracted to sweat and sometimes land on people to imbibe perspiration. They also drink tears for their high protein content, according to a study by the Kansas Entomological Society.

‘They were all alive’

Ms He was weeding around her relatives’ graves when the insects flew into her left eye.
She was visiting the grave as part of the annual Chinese Qing Ming tomb-sweeping festival, which is traditionally observed by sprucing up loved ones’ graves.

When a gust of wind blew into her eyes she assumed it was dirt that had entered, she told reporters.

But hours later, her eyes were still swollen and in pain, leading her to seek medical help at the hospital in southern Taiwan.

“She couldn’t completely close her eyes. I looked into the gap with a microscope and saw something black that looked like an insect leg,” Dr Hong, an ophthalmology professor at the hospital told the BBC.

“I grabbed the leg and very slowly took one out, then I saw another one, and another and another. They were still intact and all alive.”
Pictures of the bees were shown on Taiwanese TV.

Dr Hong added that the bees could have been blown inside her eye by a gust of wind and found themselves stuck inside.

“These bees don’t usually attack people but they like drinking sweat, hence their name,” he said.

Dr Hong added that Ms He was “lucky” that she did not rub her eyes while the bees were inside.

“She was wearing contact lenses so she didn’t dare to rub her eyes in case she broke the lens. If she did she could have induced the bees to produce venom… she could have gone blind.

But what’s happened to the bees?

“They are still alive, they’ve been sent as specimens to another organisation and will be studied,” said Dr Hong. “This is the first time in Taiwan we’ve seen something like this.”

Source

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HZUwFD1FZw

Sweat bees, also known as Halictidae, are attracted to sweat and sometimes land on people to imbibe perspiration. They also drink tears for their high protein content, according to a study by the Kansas Entomological Society......
So tears are proteinous
Re: Taiwan Doctor Finds Sweat Bees Living Inside Woman’s Eyes (Graphic Pix, Vdeo) by Ugosample(m): 5:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
BlackAfrican:

Stop being so negative about your country
what he is saying IS THE FACT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photographer Captures Baby Fresh From Its Mother's Womb / Help..total Cure To Pimples And Spots On My Face(asap). / Black Soot In Rivers: My Nose Looks Like Exhaust & Charcoal (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.