Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,122 members, 7,818,368 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:44 PM

Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors (24591 Views)

Buhari Arrives Abuja From African Finance Summit In Paris / Pictures Of President Buhari And Geoffrey Onyeama At The African Finance Summit / President Buhari Leaves Nigeria For France Ahead Of African Finance Summit (Pix) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by bigcover(m): 10:32am On Apr 11, 2019
The most revered Nigerian. Madam your level no be here. I pray for such grace.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 11, 2019
Nice. Success is good.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by haryomikun(m): 10:33am On Apr 11, 2019
tactius:

No she isn't.

The woman had good ideas...like removing fuel subsidy, and also trying to get Nigeria off oil.

And I must tell you that on subsidy, she was supported by the now Emir of Kano...who even after GEJ left office continues to back subsidy removal.

She had good ideas for our economy...problem is, Nigerians seem to think that we should have everything for free. That's not how to run an economy.
Plus the excess crude account. That was smart...

Nigerians think we should run everything because of the already available suffering in the land and the mistrust in ghe government

If things were better I'm sure we wouldn't mind stuff like subsidy removal

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 10:34am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
She is an agent of western world use against Africa countries. All her criminality activities in Africa would expose to people someday. Useless woman.
I despise Buhari but you said the truth which won’t be revealed anytime soon.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 10:35am On Apr 11, 2019
Dora Akunyili and Okonjo-Iweala was/is higher achievers respectively. cool

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by bencr7: 10:37am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
She is an agent of western world use against Africa countries. All her criminality activities in Africa would expose to people someday. Useless woman.
see diz useless premature person hatred will consume u one day

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by DerideGull(m): 10:39am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
Fuckoff kid. This is not about jealous this woman have done more damage to Africa countries Nigeria in particular. However she's not an igbo woman.

What class of uselessness can a Nigerian attend? The above poster may have broken the ranks. I do not care about your figment of imagination on the damage she might have done on African countries but the silly insinuation she is not an Igbo woman is criminally abhorrent.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
What of Aunty Kemi that forged NYSC certificate?
She is an APC saint abi grin grin

cc lzaa adaibeku

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by engrjacuzzi: 10:47am On Apr 11, 2019
after late Dora Akinyuli, Ngozi Okonjo Iweala is another woman that would have made Nigeria great.... unlike that cross gender Obi Ezekwezili that is just falling hands
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by nanauju(f): 10:52am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

I didn't know you were this senseless

2 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 10:53am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
But Major Nzeogwu was Igbo even though he is from the same Delta state as Okonjo-Iweala.
The confusion is strong with you.

cc lzaa adaibeku

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by saucelake231(m): 10:54am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:
correct....but some people fail too understand..... all they think of when you say the fact is jealousy...... I pity una sha

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Pearl05(f): 10:55am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

I wanted to comment on your post but seeing your moniker, I just have to leave you in your shallowness.

5 Likes

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 11:00am On Apr 11, 2019
Let touts hold their meetings while civilized people hold theirs like this one.

Later one clueless being will go and hold a dull meeting with one Arab prince. Journey miss road.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by CodeTemplar: 11:04am On Apr 11, 2019
tactius:

No she isn't.

The woman had good ideas...like removing fuel subsidy, and also trying to get Nigeria off oil.

And I must tell you that on subsidy, she was supported by the now Emir of Kano...who even after GEJ left office continues to back subsidy removal.

She had good ideas for our economy...problem is, Nigerians seem to think that we should have everything for free. That's not how to run an economy.
I opposed the subsidy removal in 2011 ending not because I wanted things to be free but wanted the govt to sit up and manage things better. Saying oil sector must or ought be privatized for better service is the biggest lie we told ourselves in that whole oil subsidy and supply issue.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by abbasajao(m): 11:10am On Apr 11, 2019
This woman has gone veryfar in life in term of achievements
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 11:11am On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:

I opposed the subsidy removal in 2011 ending not because I wanted thing to be free but wanted the govt to sit up and manage things better. Saying oil sector must or ought be privatized is the biggest lie we told ourselves in that whole oil subsidy and supply issue.

The problem is, when price of fuel is sold above N250 in places like Benin, Niger and Cameroon....subsidy in Nigeria incentives smuggling

That's because under subsidy, marketers are operating at a loss. Even the NNPC is operating at a loss. So, they make money by smuggling to neighbouring countries, and by also collecting subsidy claims for the same smuggled fuel

That's why the amount of money spent on subsidy is going up.

And that's why I support subsidy removal. You cannot run a system where people are not allowed to make a profit. If we subsidised our GSM sector, by now we would still be struggling with GPRS internet...because there won't be profits to invest in better tech. Subsidy prevents NNPC and marketers from making the profits that can be invested in things like more refineries, which lead to lower prices.

(Dangote's refinery is funded by loans. And it won't save us at all...he has to make back his money.)
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by CodeTemplar: 11:18am On Apr 11, 2019
tactius:

The problem is, when price of fuel is sold above N250 in places like Benin, Niger and Cameroon....subsidy in Nigeria incentives smuggling

That's because under subsidy, marketers are operating at a loss. Even the NNPC is operating at a loss. So, they make money by smuggling to neighbouring countries, and by also collecting subsidy claims for the same smuggled fuel

That's why the amount of money spent on subsidy is going up.

And that's why I support subsidy removal. You cannot run a system where people are not allowed to make a profit. If we subsidised our GSM sector, by now we would still be struggling with GPRS internet...because there won't be profits to invest in better tech. Subsidy prevents NNPC and marketers from making the profits that can be invested in things like more refineries, which lead to lower prices.

(Dangote's refinery is funded by loans. And it won't save us at all...he has to make back his money.)
Oga, smuggling may be attractive but what do we have borders and custom for? Look at how Buhari skillfully avoided all those greedy marketers with few modifications. I know subsidy can be done well and will always support strengthening of the system before attempting to transfer extra cost to the consumers.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Barzinime(m): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2019
Meeting that is of no use
undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Ezi1993(f): 11:19am On Apr 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Ngozi Iweala i guess is a Yoruba name
chai who have done you this??
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Ezi1993(f): 11:20am On Apr 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Ngozi Iweala i guess is a Yoruba name
chai.. who have done you this??
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:24am On Apr 11, 2019
Ezi1993:

chai who have done you this??

Yes yes what did I do ?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:
Oga, smuggling may be attractive but what do we have borders and custom for? Look at how Buhari skillfully avoided all those greedy marketers with few modifications. I know subsidy can be done well and will always support strengthening of the system before attempting to transfer extra cost to the consumers.

That's the problem, subsidy cannot be done well.

Subsidy works this way. You buy , let;s say, bottles of wine for N300 and plan to sell at N500.
A subsidy regime would force you to sell the wine at N100 and give you a 'underrecovery' of N200.

This has several effects

1.You cannot make a profit, meaning you cannot invest in your business
2You cannot pay suppliers, which has an effect on wine manufacture among other things.

Same with the petrol sector. Because under subsidy oil companies and marketers cannot make a profit...which has bad effect on oil production in this country .It's why we cannot build more new refineries (by now we should have had at least three new Dangote size refinereis being built)

And Niger is far poorer than we are, as is Benin , yet they pay N397 and N298 per liter of fuel.I see now reason why we cannot pay.

If we keep subsidy, we are going to keep on making things difficult for us. We cannot afford it with falling crude oil prices, and it is preventing more investment. And Dangote is not going to operate at a loss in the name of subsidy.

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by kernel001: 11:28am On Apr 11, 2019
BuhariAdvocate:

If your mother was half this woman, you won't be a troll.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by CodeTemplar: 11:30am On Apr 11, 2019
tactius:

That's the problem, subsidy cannot be done well.

Subsidy works this way. You buy , let;s say, bottles of wine for N300 and plan to sell at N500.
A subsidy regime would force you to sell the wine at N100 and give you a 'underrecovery' of N200.

This has several effects

1.You cannot make a profit, meaning you cannot invest in your business
2You cannot pay suppliers, which has an effect on wine manufacture among other things.

Same with the petrol sector. Because under subsidy oil companies and marketers cannot make a profit...which has bad effect on oil production in this country .It's why we cannot build more new refineries (by now we should have had at least three new Dangote size refinereis being built)

And Niger is far poorer than we are, as is Benin , yet they pay N397 and N298 per liter of fuel.I see now reason why we cannot pay.

If we keep subsidy, we are going to keep on making things difficult for us. We cannot afford it with falling crude oil prices, and it is preventing more investment. And Dangote is not going to operate at a loss in the name of subsidy.
Oga subsidy can be done well. the same greed pushing the people in charge to collide won't stop them from forming a cabal that fraternizes and maintain high prices.
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by erico2k2(m): 11:35am On Apr 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Why are you so jealous of Igbo people ?
erm what state is the w o man from again??
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by erico2k2(m): 11:39am On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:

Oga subsidy can be done well. the same greed pushing the people in charge to collide won't stop them from forming a cabal that fraternizes and maintain high prices.
How can it be done well??give two ways
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by erico2k2(m): 11:41am On Apr 11, 2019
CodeTemplar:

I opposed the subsidy removal in 2011 ending not because I wanted things to be free but wanted the govt to sit up and manage things better. Saying oil sector must or ought be privatized for better service is the biggest lie we told ourselves in that whole oil subsidy and supply issue.
But when this Fg said they removed subsidy what was ur reaction?
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by teniolav: 11:48am On Apr 11, 2019
NaijaRoyalty:

Why are you so jealous of Igbo people ?
. Let's forget about tribalism or anything right here.. This guy should use his head .. The woman get value to all mankind that have common sense . Joor oo

1 Like

Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by CodeTemplar: 12:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
erico2k2:

But when this Fg said they removed subsidy what was ur reaction?
I supported it with the hope that Buhari will fix the system. Though he didn't fix the system the way I would have loved, he was better than his predecessor.
Atleast he avoided a lot of evil oil marketers
Re: Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala With African Finance Ministers And Central Bank Governors by CodeTemplar: 12:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
erico2k2:

How can it be done well??give two ways
Let govt build refineries and maintain them with help of technical partners. If dangote can run one efficiently then nothing stops the govt from running theirs. Even Saudi Arabia maintains oil refining assets.
If we can't catch the culprits of the current oil corruption now how will govt catch them when modular refineries owner and Dangote finally collude to regulate prices? This is Nigeria.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

“We’re Not Beggars, Take It To Tinubu”: Ogun CDA Chairman Criticizes Gov Abiodun / Dele Momodu Undergoes Eye Surgery - Photo / Buhari Writes Senate From London To Confirm Justice Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.