Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,458 members, 7,819,669 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:25 PM

Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 (17859 Views)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Ajax: UCL Semi Finals (0 - 1) On 30th April 2019 / Manchester United Vs Barcelona: UCL Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 10th April 2019 / Slavia Prague Vs Chelsea: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 -1) On 11th April 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Omooba77: 7:25pm On Apr 11, 2019
Arsenal hold a two-goal advantage over Napoli, although their away form in the Europa League might come back to bite them at the San Paolo.

Arsenal did themselves massive favours by scoring two goals in the first leg of their quarter-final clash against Napoli in London. Goals from Aaron Ramsey and an own goal from Kalidou Koulibaly settled the score, although the Gunners need to dig deep and protect this lead when they visit Napoli at the San Paolo.

In preparation for the Napoli clash, Arsenal played Watford in their Premier League away game and won. Fans did heave a sigh of relief at their side winning an away game in the league as well as keeping a clean sheet in the process. But Napoli are of a different quality altogether, and Arsenal’s away form in the Europa League this season could come back to bite them, given they have lost the last two games on their travels to BATE and Rennes.

Carlo Ancelotti will want his Napoli side to show aggression right from the start, as it could be a possible way to score early and put pressure on Arsenal. The manager did state he was happy with his team’s performance in London, while also citing his players were more superior physically than Arsenal. Despite those claims, Petr Cech had only two saves to make although Napoli did attack well at times.

However, overturning a two-goal deficit will have its difficulties, and Napoli will be hoping to count on their home support to beat the Gunners. They must have studied well on the major flaws Arsenal possess when travelling on the road, but they should be wary of the opposition’s attackers for one away goal, in all probabilities, could kill the tie for Napoli.

Team News & Tactics

Napoli

Ancelotti has a near full squad to choose from for the Arsenal game, although Amadou Diawara and Raul Albiol are out. The duo have been injured since March and January respectively. Otherwise, the manager has all his other players available for selection and will likely choose a strong lineup to thwart Arsenal.

After last week’s performance, Ancelotti has a lot of tinkering to do with his squad and could make some changes. Right-back, Hysaj could be replaced with Kevin Malcuit the likely preference there. Last week, Ancelotti started Dries Mertens and Lorenzo Insigne up front in London, something that did not work out. Arkadiusz Milik could be the man to replace either of those forwards.

Alex Meret will continue in goal ahead of David Ospina, who featured in the league game at the weekend. Nikola Maksimovic and Koulibaly will keep their places in central defence, as will Mario Rui at left-back. Ancelotti will keep his trust in his midfield four of Allan, Jose Callejon, Fabian Ruiz and Piotr Zielinski.

Probable Lineup (4-4-2): Meret; Malcuit, Maksimovic, Koulibaly, Rui; Callejon, Allan, Ruiz, Zielinski; Milik, Insigne

Arsenal

Unai Emery might have stumbled upon a formula last Monday on how to field his sides for away matches. The shape consisted of Mustafi at right-back while Monreal played left-back. Alternatively, the formation could have been to accommodate some players while resting some for the Napoli game. However, due to the availability of Sokratis, Emery could go back to a three-man defence.

Laurent Koscielny and Nacho Monreal could keep their places in the lineup while Mustafi could make way for Ainsley Maitland-Niles, who made a cameo appearance against Watford. Sead Kolasinac was also absent from the Watford game, and he too could come back into the side.

Emery will make a late call to select his central midfielders, as Granit Xhaka made his return on Monday, although Lucas Torreira did suffer a knock. Emery confirmed it, but also said he could be available for Napoli. Matteo Guendouzi is an option, while Aaron Ramsey is a guaranteed starter.

Mesut Ozil and Petr Cech are also in line for recalls, while Alexandre Lacazette, who was benched for the Watford clash is a sure starter as well.

Probable Lineup (3-4-1-2): Cech; Sokratis, Koscielny, Monreal; Maitland-Niles, Ramsey, Xhaka, Kolasinac; Ozil; Lacazette, Aubameyang

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by collinometricx: 1:11pm On Apr 17, 2019
Common bois, let's go fit the win...

COYG

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Omooba77: 6:21am On Apr 18, 2019
#COYG

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Lordjb: 3:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Okay, let's go Gunner's we've done it before and we can do it again, see my signature below for link to stream the match
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Samueltemi337(m): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
Napoli 1 - 1 Arsenal quote me after 90 mins
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Casemiro(m): 6:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
Samueltemi337:
Napoli 1 - 1 Arsenal quote me after 90 mins
live stream link please
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Nobody: 7:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
Up Gunners

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Topmaike007(m): 7:17pm On Apr 18, 2019
Napoli 3 vs Arsenal 1

Quote after 90 minutes
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Joshmodest(m): 7:18pm On Apr 18, 2019
i am an arsenal fan , I really want arsenal to win , but I have this feeling due to our poor away form , we could just lose 3 - 0 .....even Huddersfield will beat arsenal at home !!!!
If we must win Lacazette and Aubameyang will be major determinants !!!!

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by SHAMONEYXL(m): 7:19pm On Apr 18, 2019
Napoli like Lagos
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Alejoas(m): 7:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
wink I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones are concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Lordjb: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
Casemiro:
live stream link please
see my signature below for link
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Nbote(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Arsenal abeg no fall my hand today ooo..
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Honor10: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
Arsenal please win Europa cup and leave top 4 for us. Na still the same champion league we dey go. na beg we beg.

Signed: Man u fans.
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by adikayci: 7:34pm On Apr 18, 2019
pls any one with the free live streaming pls drop the link here
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by TheGiftedOne(m): 7:42pm On Apr 18, 2019
Top 3 and a Europa trophy. Emery should be shortlisted for coach of the year.

2 Likes

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Nobody: 7:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
Breaking the Drake curse cool

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by MorataFC: 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
PRESENTATION:
Breaking the Drake curse cool
ok,let's wait and see

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Lordjb: 7:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
adikayci:
pls any one with the free live streaming pls drop the link here
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by luciano007: 7:57pm On Apr 18, 2019
Joshmodest:
i am an arsenal fan , I really want arsenal to win , but I have this feeling due to our poor away form , we could just lose 3 - 0 .....even Huddersfield will beat arsenal at home !!!!
If we must win Lacazette and Aubameyang will be major determinants !!!!

U sir is a pipe if u truly callurself an arsenal fan and made this comment

3 Likes

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by goryorhal(m): 7:58pm On Apr 18, 2019
Live stream link please
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by dominique(f): 8:01pm On Apr 18, 2019
Game on

#COYG!!!

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Lordjb: 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
goryorhal:
Live stream link please
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by eltalentino(m): 8:03pm On Apr 18, 2019
Where can we watch Arsenal match
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by hottathafire(m): 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
How will Napoli win Arsenal? By claiming result is seen on UEFA's server and calling on Microsoft and Microhard experts to say yes.
Napoli 1.76
Draw ....
Arsenal 4.45
Arsenal wins and money quadrupled

1 Like

Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by haon: 8:05pm On Apr 18, 2019
[color=#990000][/color]
watch arsnal vs Napoli on mobdro @ BT sport2
Re: Napoli vs Arsenal: Europa League Quarter Finals (0 - 1) On 18th April 2019 by Lordjb: 8:08pm On Apr 18, 2019
eltalentino:
Where can we watch Arsenal match

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Chelsea Vs Swansea City (1 - 0) On 29th November 2017 / Arsenal Vs Liverpool: FA Cup (0 - 2) On 7th January 2024 / Chelsea Vs Southampton (3 - 1 ) On 1st December 2013

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.