Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,026 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:54 PM

Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties (34238 Views)

NUBIFIE Shuts Down Heritage Bank Headquarters In Lagos Over Mass Sack / Do You Have An Old Diamond Bank, Bank Account? / Court Orders Heritage Bank To Seize Hip TV CEO, Ayo Animashaun’s Collateral Prop (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by EmagNig(m): 8:58pm On Apr 11, 2019
In the on-going war between businessman Ayo Animashaun, owner of Hip TV, and Nigerian financial institution, Heritage Bank Plc, details have now emerged that the bank allegedly seized properties belonging to the business man.

According to a document sighted by Lailasnews.com, the bank had on the 30th March 2019 taken over some properties belonging to Smooth Productions and and then appointed one Mr Gani-Gigado Abubakar, a solicitor and insolvency practitioner, as a manager/receiver of the company.

Smooth Productions belonging to Mr Animashaun, according to the document, could have been seized from the businessman over an alleged indebtedness to the ban.

Animashaun had earlier today released a statement on an alleged breach of contract on the side of the bank and then he also wrote that he had filed a suit against the bank at a Federal High Court.

Smooth Promotions is asking the court to reverse over N185 million in alleged interest rates over and above the agreed interest rate and other entries inputted into its account as at February 2017.These charges were revealed by an independent audit of the company’s accounts stretching back to 2013.

According to the court papers, the company says it lost in excess of N533,927,562 owing to the failure and refusal of Heritage Bank to insure its property against risk like fire, and or provide information to Smooth Promotions as to insurance on its property following a fire incident on November 6, 2017, despite debiting Smooth Promotions for the insurance premium.

The case, filed by Kemi Pinheiro LP, alleges that Heritage Bank fraudulently deducted insurance premium from Smooth Promotions’ account without remitting the money to the insurance company; charged interests that were not agreed; and a forensic audit found that almost N200 million worth of charges were not correct, Theyesng.com reports.

Smooth Promotions’ Executive Director, Adeseun Kolawole-Oyeneye says the company will pursue all available legal means to seek redress.

https://lailasnews.com/ayo-animashaun-vs-heritage-bank-bank-seized-hip-tv-ceos-properties/

lalasticlala

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by daddytime(m): 9:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Banks are always swift to take over properties but usually quick to release statements of denials, rebuttals and confusion as in the case of Innoson V GTBank 2019...

Now I wish innoman deal appropriately with the bank..

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by tstx(m): 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
daddytime:
Banks are always swift to take over properties but usually quick to release statements of denials, rebuttals and confusion as in the case of Innoson V GTBank 2019...

Now I wish innoman deal appropriately with the bank..

BAba i have read, reread and even repositioned my phone and i still don't understand the point you are trying to pass...

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by soberdrunk(m): 10:34pm On Apr 11, 2019
Banks are meant to support Entrepreneurs and encourage business growth but it seems Nigerian banks are only good at "illegal" deductions...... angry

82 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Lexusgs430: 10:35pm On Apr 11, 2019
Borrow money from Nigerian banks, at your peril......

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by masciv: 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by moyinoluwabun(m): 10:36pm On Apr 11, 2019
Guess another case of GTB Vs Innoson loading.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Nobody: 10:37pm On Apr 11, 2019
Naija banks no dey gree

Innosson should seize gtb hq
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by lmm4real: 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
grin they have come calling, and like wolves they will devour. That's what our banks are good at fear them grin

6 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by OboOlora(f): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good development!
Deal up HipTv n sue the MF!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Keywordconcept(m): 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Interesting days ahead
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by ClearFlair: 10:38pm On Apr 11, 2019
Saraki
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by donvicky2007: 10:39pm On Apr 11, 2019
Majority of our banks are criminal house, always over charge their customers, I pray he wins the case against the bank.......just as the case of innoson vs Gtb.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by IamCeazer(m): 10:40pm On Apr 11, 2019
Good for Him.. Meanwhile, we sell imported pizza from America. Contact us on 08123070***..

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by AntiWailer: 10:45pm On Apr 11, 2019
donvicky2007:
Majority of our banks are criminal house, always over charge their customers, I pray he wins the case against the bank.......just as the case of innoson vs Gtb.

and when the bank sacks 1000 people, you will still blame Buhari.

Why not pray Justice and Fairness is done instead of taking sides

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Nobody: 10:48pm On Apr 11, 2019
tstx:

BAba i have read, reread and even repositioned my phone and i still don't understand the point you are trying to pass...

Bro, no be lie.
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Monaco2(m): 10:49pm On Apr 11, 2019
No b today we know say naija banks na scam

Last year I made a deposit into my fidelity account after months of the account being empty, the next day my msg tone was just going off none stop on my phone, I checked n saw dat d bank has debited me 950 naira instead of the usual 50 naira for alert fee. I was so upset but due to my busy schedule I kept postponing my visit to the bank until I eventually got over it

5 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by bluecircle470: 11:00pm On Apr 11, 2019
Saraki is a crook so i don’t expect the company he owns to be better

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by overboard(m): 11:01pm On Apr 11, 2019
Strange.

I would have thought they had a smooth relationship owing to the fact that HB sponsored (or part sponsored) one or two of the Headies.

Nigerian Banks and indeed bankers are mostly scammers. Imagine, they realize there's good inflow and activity, then they devise devious ways to skim off monies.

Not confirmed but I heard from the grapevine that Dangote has a team of accountants just to monitor charges on the slew of the group's accounts in order to forestall such sharp practices.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by donvicky2007: 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
EmagNig:
Smooth Promotions is asking the court to reverse over N185 million in alleged interest rates over and above the agreed interest rate and other entries inputted into its account as at February 2017.These charges were revealed by an independent audit of the company’s accounts stretching back to 2013.

According to the court papers, the company says it lost in excess of N533,927,562 owing to the failure and refusal of Heritage Bank to insure its property against risk like fire, and or provide information to Smooth Promotions as to insurance on its property following a fire incident on November 6, 2017, despite debiting Smooth Promotions for the insurance premium.

The case, filed by Kemi Pinheiro LP, alleges that Heritage Bank fraudulently deducted insurance premium from Smooth Promotions’ account without remitting the money to the insurance company; charged interests that were not agreed; and a forensic audit found that almost N200 million worth of charges were not correct,
Theyesng.com reports.

Smooth Promotions’ Executive Director, Adeseun Kolawole-Oyeneye says the company will pursue all available legal means to seek redress.

https://lailasnews.com/ayo-animashaun-vs-heritage-bank-bank-seized-hip-tv-ceos-properties/

lalasticlala

AntiWailer:

and when the bank sacks 1000 people, you will still blame Buhari.

Why not pray Justice and Fairness is done instead of taking sides

With all the highlighted areas what evidence do you need again, do you think a company will carryout forensic and independent audit on its account without the bank been on the know how.
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by lyriclekidd(m): 11:02pm On Apr 11, 2019
Las las naija bank na scam.

Don't forget to contact us for your giftcards and bitcoin bruh.
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Nobody: 11:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
Giving pple loans at 18 to 22% is criminal. The business climate is too harsh also. Banks know u wont be able to pay and they charge all manner of late payment charges

3 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Nobody: 11:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
Afonjas love to owe. See GT bank. No shame at all

4 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by shogsman(m): 11:09pm On Apr 11, 2019
Aiiit nobody more gangster than a bank,you can't win bro.
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Npfn: 11:14pm On Apr 11, 2019
You deposits 10k for your savings account after two months balance go be like 8k fear naija bank soon people will start withdrawing from them

2 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by YoungAncient1: 11:15pm On Apr 11, 2019
Hiptv just like TSTV came with so much hype come fall boys hand.
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by DEBUCHMANNY: 11:28pm On Apr 11, 2019
that's why I support bro Innoson's move against GTB
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Jokerman(m): 11:44pm On Apr 11, 2019
Instead of me to borrow money from bank, I'll rather srtart small

6 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by 9jaRealist: 11:46pm On Apr 11, 2019
soberdrunk:
Banks are meant to support Entrepreneurs and encourage business growth but it seems Nigerian banks are only good at "illegal" deductions...... angry

Do you people even realize that the loans/finance that banks give are OTHER PEOPLE’S MONEY?! shocked

Accordingly, when you don’t pay back your loans, it is my and Mama Bisi’s deposits in the bank that is being put at risk. So banks can “support” and “encourage business growth” all day and night, so long as they are darn sure (or most likely sure) to get the monies repaid - which is difficult enough in Nigeria without a reliable national identification system nor a credit checking and/or credit history verification system, but is compounded by the Nigerian perchance (even culture) of entitlement wrt other people’s money. Try lending your buddy or cousin a little bit of cash and see how difficult is often is to be repaid (especially when they believe you have even just one naira more than they do).

5 Likes

Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by Jerrick(m): 11:53pm On Apr 11, 2019
Ghen Ghen
Re: Ayo Animashaun Vs Heritage Bank: Bank Seized Hip TV Ceo's Properties by 9jaRealist: 11:55pm On Apr 11, 2019
bluecircle470:
Saraki is a crook so i don’t expect the company he owns to be better

Saraki does NOT own Heritage Bank.

The restored banking license of Societe Generale (SGBN) was bought from the CBN by core investor IEI Investments, the investment vehicle of IEI Insurance Plc, a publicly-traded and listed company on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Stanbic's N60,250,000 Recovered From A Supermarket In Port-Harcourt / Barclays Bank Asks Nigerians With Less Than £100,000 To Close Their Accounts / Folorunso Alakija Celebrates Her 66th Birthday, Dances With Otedola & Elumelu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.