Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,123 members, 7,835,768 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:44 PM

British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email (1264 Views)

Barack Obama's Presidency In Fascinating Photos By Pete Souza. / Iranian Child Bride Facing Execution For Killing Abusive Husband / Students Banned From Wearing Metal-Bra Clasps In China's Entrance Exam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by july123(m): 5:19am On Sep 14, 2010
Luke Angel was reprimanded by police on both sides of the Atlantic after firing off a drunken message to the White House calling the president a "p****".

The FBI intercepted the message and contacted police in the UK who went to see the 17-year-old at his home in Silsoe, Bedfordshire.

Luke, a college student, is now on a list of people who are banned from visiting the States.

The teenager told the Bedfordshire On Sunday newspaper that he had sent the email after watching a TV programme about September 11.

When asked about the ban, Luke said: "I don't really care. My parents aren't very happy about it.

"The police who came round took my picture and told me I was banned from America forever."

A Bedfordshire Police spokesman said: "The individual sent an email to the White House full of abusive and threatening language.

"We were informed by the Metropolitan Police and went to see him. He said, 'Oh dear, it was me'."

Officers will take no criminal action.

Joanne Ferreira, of the US Department of Homeland Security, said there are about 60 reasons a person can be barred.
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by ElRazur: 11:11am On Sep 14, 2010
So what was he expecting, a warm welcome?

Didn't Eminem got investigated due to saying things that are perceived as threatening to the Bush back then? I think Eminem eventually back down. (If not them go spoil him career)
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by RSA(m): 3:26pm On Sep 14, 2010
Obama went from Hero to Zero,it is very sad sad He does not even have a African support.
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by ElRazur: 4:25pm On Sep 14, 2010
RSA:

Obama went from Hero to Zero,it is very sad sad He does not even have a African support.

Jesus freaking christ.

America security services do not take kindly to threat to the President. This have nothing to do with Obama. 

And who are you to claim Obama do not have African support, seriously what is your authority? 

Did you even read what I posted before? Here is a link about how Eminem was in trouble in 2003 when lyrics of his song were perceived as a threat (Well sort of) to Bush.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1480985/20031208/eminem.jhtml

Eminem could find himself the subject of a Secret Service investigation if a lyric from one of his songs is construed to be a threat against President George W. Bush.

In his song "We As Americans," Eminem rhymes, "F--- money/ I don't rap for dead presidents/ I'd rather see the president dead/ It's never been said, but I set precedents."

"We As Americans" is one of the songs leaked online last week that Eminem's spokespeople said were unfinished tracks not intended for public release (see "Eminem's Benzino Dis Turns Up In The Lab" ). His reps could not confirm when the track in question was recorded. However, elsewhere in the song, Eminem references the release of 50 Cent's Get Rich or Die Tryin', which occurred in the last year.

A person in the Secret Service Office of Public Affairs confirmed that they were aware of the song and were looking into the matter. John Gill, the official spokesperson for the Secret Service, was not immediately available for further comment.

Even though Eminem doesn't mention Bush or the president of the United States specifically, it is standard procedure for the Secret Service to investigate anything that might be considered a threat against the president.

SMH
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Sep 14, 2010
17 and already making such serious mistakes . . . . lol
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by yeswecan(m): 9:17pm On Sep 14, 2010
RSA:

Your comment is a complete drivel to me.
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by shotster50(m): 2:56am On Sep 15, 2010
Kobojunkie:

17 and already making such serious mistakes . . . . lol

Would it not be far much better he made those mistakes now and learn than make them later in life?
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by Kobojunkie: 3:25am On Sep 15, 2010
shotster50:

Would it not be far much better he made those mistakes now and learn than make them later in life?

Well you could put it that way but there is not much else to learn at this point since he has already been banned . . .
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by chyz(m): 11:23am On Sep 15, 2010
LMAO!!!! grin
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by bawomolo(m): 3:52pm On Sep 15, 2010
RSA:

i bet obama is very depressed and shaken he doesn't have the all important african support
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by JeSoul(f): 4:12pm On Sep 15, 2010
bawomolo:

i bet obama is very depressed and shaken he doesn't have the all important african support
Whatchu tryna say? African support is not important? watch ya mouth oh grin
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by spikedcylinder: 4:16pm On Sep 15, 2010
Banned for life? Isn't that rather harsh for a 17 year old? undecided
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by JeSoul(f): 4:26pm On Sep 15, 2010
kiss
spikedcylinder:

Banned for life? Isn't that rather harsh for a 17 year old? undecided
If he's old enough to drink and type, then he's old enough for the consequences.
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by spikedcylinder: 6:08pm On Sep 15, 2010
JeSoul:

kiss If he's old enough to drink and type, then he's old enough for the consequences.

What's the legal drinking age in the UK?
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by JeSoul(f): 7:17pm On Sep 15, 2010
^no idea. Can anyone throw some light?
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by spikedcylinder: 7:38pm On Sep 15, 2010
Ah. I just punched a hole in my own intended logic. It's 16.
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by JeSoul(f): 9:29pm On Sep 15, 2010
Lol. E pele. Hope it didn't hurt too much grin
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by spikedcylinder: 10:19pm On Sep 15, 2010
It hurts o. My bandages can testify. cheesy
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by tck2000(m): 1:45pm On Jun 01, 2019
Re: British Kid Banned From Usa For Life For Sending Barack Obama An Abusive Email by panafrican(m): 2:52pm On Jun 01, 2019
Hang that 17 - year old knocklehead.
End of the story.

(1) (Reply)

Florida Pizza Shop Owner Powerlifts Obama / Denim Diplomacy: Netanyahu Incites Iranian Ire With Jeans Gaffe / No Ceasefire In Gaza No Votes For You- American Muslims Threaten President Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.