Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,509 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:20 AM

Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue (14991 Views)

Man Calls Out Ikorodu LG & Lagos State Senator For Leaving The Road Like This. / Uber/bolt (taxify) Drivers In Nigeria Beware Of This Scam / Man Calls On Chinese Govt. For Help After A Visit To Port Harcourt Airport (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by Skiilashi(m): 6:23pm On Apr 12, 2019
Burgerlomo:

Monitoring spirit spotted, e be like say nah 3 million plus he get grin

Yes o.

So u sef see am. We be the same naa

Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by theunnamed: 6:31pm On Apr 12, 2019
BusinessHub1:
So sad Nigeria is going down this low! No iota of trust again.

Even glo is doing me something similar. Glo is one brand that steal mercilessly from you and still punish you with poor service supply.

E be like u neva us etisalat turn 9scammer before...

E be like say i go follow this guy footstep and sue 9mobile, their own don too much
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by DesChyko: 6:49pm On Apr 12, 2019
fairfora:
I did but to uber and before I book a ride, I always choose to pay cash to the driver at the end of the trip instead of paying with card. Anytime I'm overseas, I book uber ride too or Lyft and enjoy the only available option which is card payment. I'm always confident I won't be duped because the system work seamlessly over there. The law too is effective

I actually mean any other person linked to Taxify with his own bank card.

1 Like

Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by SarkinYarki: 6:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
DesChyko:
Well, whom else linked your bank card to Taxify?
That's a better place to begin.

One side chick has tied his card to her app ���

2 Likes

Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by naijapips04: 6:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
lasthero:
Possible guess, he used her card to book a ride on his friend's phone/app and he forgot to delete the card.

Then his friend is using the app to book rides with card payment, not knowing that it's another person's card.

Just thinking out loud smiley

block head. So his friend is booking N500 ride abi? to go where?
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by Nobody: 7:41pm On Apr 12, 2019
DesChyko:

I actually mean any other person linked to Taxify with his own bank card.
I see
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by formular2002(m): 7:51pm On Apr 12, 2019
lasthero:
Possible guess, he used her card to book a ride on his friend's phone/app and he forgot to delete the card.

Then his friend is using the app to book rides with card payment, not knowing that it's another person's card.

This is exactly the situation, or someone that have access to his card details have filled it on his/her own app. But taxi needs to respond already to inspire confidence and clear themselves if they are innocent
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by systemz(m): 8:01pm On Apr 12, 2019
You should have gone for a new debit card the first time.
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by Cheeryfeet: 8:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
They say make una dey pay cash, una say no na card. If we say we no do card trip, una complain dey block us for three days. U haff not seen anything. Kwontinu
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by AuroraB(f): 9:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
lasthero:

Untrue. Happened to a friend. Just as the guy concerned, she let it slide twice. Happened again for the third time on Monday. Non of the pros and cons you stated above applied.
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by DisGuy: 9:12pm On Apr 12, 2019
Cheeryfeet:
They say make una dey pay cash, una say no na card. If we say we no do card trip, una complain dey block us for three days. U haff not seen anything. Kwontinu
who be they wey say make dem dey pay cash?

Most riders have no problems with Card payment- that's pretty much the standard in other countries. Cash payment; I can imagine will go down the typical naija routine of Oga i no get change, personally after reaching my destinations I say my thank yous and goodbyes to Oga- dont want to hang back negotiating change.
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by Nobody: 10:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
Lol and you hear people talking trash like support Nigerian startup company. I had this same issue once. First thing I did was remove my card, called bank to block my account because I had a feeling this witches might do something funny. I respect myself switch back to Uber. I took screenshots and sent to them on twitter, told them they can eat shit I regret ever trying to support Naija made. This people actually responded on twitter and offered to make refunds after they investigate. Fast forward 3days lasted got a refund lol. Yea that doesn’t make it ok. Naija made my a**
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by fujirice: 11:46pm On Apr 12, 2019
PrettyBoyBreezy:
I believe if he's serious about suing, he might actually win.

On a more serious note, don't give out your debit or credit card details to anyone or any company, if dem no dey collect cash dats der own biz. angry Thieves everywhere.
Which century are you living in?
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by chukxie(m): 12:45am On Apr 13, 2019
There's a spirit in Nigeria that turns every good initiative into a bad one in a giffy! Nobody can be trusted. No institutions can be trusted. Red eyes everywhere ! How we got to this shameful low beats me.
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by Insectkiller: 1:02am On Apr 13, 2019
Born fool..

Idiot Deriano..

Stop ranting...!

Just go and check with d ashewo u book a ride for last..
She might be d one using d card unknowingly..

Wetin I sabi self.. shocked shocked
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by zico124(m): 7:13am On Apr 13, 2019
TAXIFY! that company is a scam, They debited all my wife NYSC money through UBA For almost a year
@nysc_ng
and
@UBAGroup
could not do anything about it and customer care + even office personels couldn't do anything
@Boltapp_ng
Is a big scam
Re: Man Calls Out Bolt (Taxify) For 'Stealing' From Him, Threatens To Sue by BusterG: 7:50am On Apr 13, 2019
Amagite:
A Nigerian man, Deriano, has taken to Twitter to call out Bolt (Taxify), for 'stealing' from him.

According to him, they have consistently debited money from his account for over a month now, even when he doesn't use their service.

He has now threatened to sue after he woke up to another debit alert from them this morning, even after he removed his card and deleted the app.

He shared the story alongside screenshots of his bank debits. See below...

"@Boltapp_ng Taxify or Bolt or whatever you call your scam shitty brand now. My God, I’m so mad. One month ago you guys consistently stole money from my linked debit card up to 13k, I ignored because I couldn’t go through all that stress of contacting your customer care.

THREAD!

Last week i recieved 6 different debit alerts up to 8k for no reason. Now, i became worried and i couldn’t ignore this time. I have sent Emails, Dms and Replies for a week now, no response. And @Boltapp_ng have been posting tweets on their timeline and ignoring all my messages.

To even think I ditched my @UberNigeria app for this scam company?

A reputable company would have a working phone number that is relevant and active for customer support and services. But your line has been purportedly switched off over a week now.

Again this morning I woke up to another debit alert from @Boltapp_ng even after I removed my card and deleted the app.
Now I’m disgusted! And I’m taking it further to another level. Since we are all mad in this country and nothing in Nigeria is done appropriately and efficiently.

I’m definitely going to court to file a lawsuit on Monday. I don’t need my refunds anymore. We have been so neglected and frustrated to be Nigerians that our rights and interests don’t matter to these foreign companies. I will sue @Boltapp_ng so help me God.

I can’t be the only one going through the disgruntlement and incompetence of this company @Boltapp_ng
"

http://www.amagitesblog.com/2019/04/nigerian-man-calls-out-taxify-for-stealing-from-him-threatens-to-sue.html

Card details most likely has been compromised.
Contact your bank, block d card, re-issue another one with a different PAN. Problem solved.
Any debit after the first one is your fault bro.
"Don't Dull" .....that's the first commandment in Naija.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Major Causes Of Traffic Gridlock In Lagos / LASG To Divert Traffic On Anthony/Ikorodu Road Axis / Ogun Begins Construction Of Light Rail In Sango-Ijoko-Akute-Alagbole

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.