Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,358 members, 7,868,038 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 09:38 AM

Wike make bold steps to reform pension scheme appeal for senergy with opposition - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Wike make bold steps to reform pension scheme appeal for senergy with opposition (223 Views)

10th NASS Leadership: Tinubu In Secret Talks With Opposition Members-elect / Gombe APC Expels Danjuma Goje For "Hobnobbing" With Opposition Parties / South-West Youths Mobilize 30,000 Youths, Make Bold Demands (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wike make bold steps to reform pension scheme appeal for senergy with opposition by AmazingELixir: 3:03pm On Apr 12, 2019
According to the governor of Rivers state stated Nyesom Wike
the benefits of the consolidated Supreme Court judgment will come in the form of faster development of Rivers State without the distractions of Rivers APC . In unity, Rivers people will resolve all key developmental challenges, beginning with security issues .

Rivers State Governor, Nyesom Ezenwo Wike through the State House of Assembly set up the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency to address security challenges in the state. This agency was fashioned in line with that of Lagos State.

While some politicians used the Nigerian Army to frustrate the smooth take off of the Rivers State Neighbourhood Safety Corps Agency, the Lagos version participated actively during the 2019 General Elections. Indeed they have embarked on an election post-mortem at Lagos State.
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2019/04/polls-lnsc-intelligence-gathering-assisted-us-well-lagos-cp/

One of the first benefits of the governor's re-election is the reform of the State Pension Scheme to accomodate those under the Contributory Pension Scheme.

In line with his campaign pledge to address the challenge faced by Rivers State Pensioners under the contributory pension scheme, Governor Wike has sent an executive bill to the Rivers State House of Assembly to reform the scheme.

Leader of the House, Martin Amaewhule who presented the Bill said the Rivers state Pension Reform Bill from the Governor seeks to repeal the Rivers state Contributory Pension Scheme Law of 2012.

The bill seeks to repeal the Rivers State Contributary Pension Scheme for Employees in the Public Service Law (No.7 of 2009) and the Rivers State Contributory Pension Scheme for Employees Law ( Amendment No.1 of 2012).

Similarly, the State Government's empowerment programme for civil servants and traders is taking firm root. Several other projects and programmes have been outlined to move Rivers State forward.

Governor Wike's Hand of Fellowship

In a press release the government of Rivers state stated that,
with the endless Rivers APC Case given the final burial by the Supreme Court, it is now time for well-meaning leaders of the opposition to accept the offer of re-elected Governor Wike to consolidate on the development process in Rivers State.

The state is greater than all other interests. It is greater than positions and ego. The State is about the corporate development of all components and the empowerment of her people. This can be better achieved through unity. In cases where the opposition leaders cannot contribute, they can at least desist from criminal acts to derail the development of the state.

Rivers APC leaders can start this cooperation by canvassing for projects to be sited in Rivers State. They should work towards the revival of the ports in Rivers State which are directly under the Ministry of Transportation

Rather than gloat and emasculate the opposition, the Rivers State Governor has extended a hand of fellowship to APC leaders. This is a clarion call to place Rivers State first.

"I appeal to our people to eschew all acts of acrimony, criminality, unrest, and violence throughout the State. I wish to recommit myself to continue to do all that is humanly possible to ensure the unity and peaceful co-existence of all our people irrespective of political affiliation".

He directed the State Attorney General and Commissioner to review all pending criminal cases linked to politics before the 2019 elections and make necessary recommendations to promote reconciliation.

He said "I hereby direct the Honourable Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice to review all pending criminal proceedings filed against any person by the State and directly related to political activities prior to the 2019 general elections and make appropriate recommendations to me for necessary action to promote reconciliation among us".

More Development for Rivers People

It is on record that Governor Wike is the best performing Governor in this dispensation. But, with this new mandate, he has pledged to improve on his performance for the benefit of Rivers people.

Governor Wike declared: "Let me also express my deepest gratitude to the people of Rivers State for the opportunity to serve you as your Governor for another four years. I am truly humbled by your continued trust and, I will not take this support for granted.

" For me, the collective interest of the people of Rivers State is the reason I am in politics. When you gave me the mandate about four years ago, I committed myself to be the Governor for all the people of Rivers State and stayed through to that commitment.

" Today, I recommit myself to be the Governor for all the people of Rivers State for the next four years. Accordingly, we shall form an all-inclusive government to advance the collective interest of all our people, irrespective of party, ethnic or religious affiliations.

" We have come along way in the last four years and accomplished a lot to be proud of. But there’s still a lot more to do to advance and realize the ultimate vision of our founding fathers for a truly united, secure, and prosperous State and we need the support of all our people to realize this bold vision".

(1) (Reply)

Onnoghen: Tribunal Fixes Thursday,April 18 To Deliver Judgement / Immigration: Trump To Clamp Down On Nigeria, Others / NACCIMA, CIPE Want Easy Access To Funding For Women In Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.